Intrepidation

Which Interior Color do you prefer?

Interior Color   23 members have voted

1. 1. Which color scheme do you prefer?

• Dark Slate / Taupe
    • Dark Slate / Tan

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 posts in this topic

So this winter's project is to redo my interior to become a different 2-tone...since I've never been fond of the gray. My choices are either Dark Slate/Taupe or Dark Slate/Tan. I've done two chops: one of another member's taupe interior and one of my interior. Which do you prefer?

Intrepid_interior_chop.jpg

Intrepid-2tone-interior.jpg

I picked dark slate/taupe. The other choice seems to clash more.

Now, had the main color in choice #2 been a dark brown, I would have picked that.

Well I'm going with color schemes that require the least amount of painting and/or dying. They made taupe (which I have the parts to now) and they made tan. They just didn't make them combined with dark slate.

Looks like a nice mod, DF.

Glad to see you continue to make progress on the Intrepid.

Chris

Really hopeing the Mercury serves you well for the winter...and that you find a Job in Wyoming, or somewhere else far away.

Chris

I like the taupe, too.

That tan is too yellow, imo. I prefer the pale tan/gray/clay of the taupe.

It was a tough decision, but I voted #1. I like #2 a lot better than the plain tan interior though.

I like the slate and tan a lot...nice contrast. My Jeep is dark slate all over inside...I wonder if I could two tone it.

I like the slate/tan combo the best. Slate/taupe looks nice too, but it's just another variation on black/gray and isn't too lively in appearance, IMHO.

Actually, I saw an Intrepid in a salvage yard that had the all tan Interior, in really good shape.

Looked good! Too bad the rest of the car was toast, but...the interior was really nice.

Chris

Chris, what material was on the door panels? fabric or vinyl?

Yeah see, I dunno. I love dark colors on tan/creme:

If done well (see VW and BMW), yeah, it's lovely. If overwrought to the point of clashing (see Honda and Acura), not so much.

But I kinda like both your chops... the tan and the taupe work as accents instead of both fighting for attention. (O/T, is that a nav screen in the first pic, or is that just the flash?)

isn't too lively in appearance

"Less is more"

just kidding...I needed an excuse to say that...

Carry on...

A cream color would certainly work (or even a less strong tan) just not that tan.

A cream color would certainly work (or even a less strong tan) just not that tan.

Yes. I agree with this clarification. It would have to be cream, and not tan, to work well.

Now that I think about it, I think cream might be right.

Don't think the taupe has enough contrast.

Chris

I do have a lead on a tan interior but its $130 and I'm out of work right now so I probably won't be able to do anything. I have most of the taupe interior so I'll probably just try taupe first.

However, I've run into a bit of a problem. Apparently I've been using the wrong name for the "black" it's actually Agate which was used from `98-`00 and is purple based, whereas Dark Slate used `01 and up is blue based. The difference is subtle but noticeable to something like me or anyone familiar with the cars. Now, the problem arises because Duplicolor doesn't make a color that matches Agate, only Dark Slate. Hmm...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor