Political correctness

Do you consider yourself politically correct?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider yourself politically correct?

• Yes-at work, Yes-socially
    • Yes-at work, No-socially
    • No-at work, Yes-socially
    • No-at work, No-socially

I can't wait for the backlash to hit on political correctness, but I don't think it's coming anytime soon.

I tend NOT to be politically correct. It's a form of censorship. Europeans, for example, are nowhere near as politically correct. They stereotype their "neighbors" all the time. South Americans...they are even worse in this regard.

I will say that I am diplomatic around clients and there are some that are fairly casual so you can be the same way - heck, some of our clients are salt-of-the-earth builders. At work, I tend to hang around people with whom I don't have to be politically correct.

Socially, I prefer to be around people with whom I don't have to walk on eggshells. Life is too short.

LET ME GUESS:

I know which way Satty and razoredge will vote.

I know which way Akwan would vote (remember the dude who was supposedly an MD whose wife forbade him to do this and that?)

I am polite (and rarely late), which is not to be confused with being politically-correct. I respect others enough not to be insensitive and also respect them enough to acknowledge they're adults who can take a joke.

Here's a riddler for those who say political correctness should be a social mandate: record an exchange with your friends and play it back. I bet you'd be considered racist, sexist, prejudiced, and insensitive. Yet typically no one in your group minds. Think about it.

Thats funny Bob :) , I actually cant vote. I hate the idea of "politically correct" especiaaly when many of the so called openminded politically correct people are some of the snobiest people to walk the face of the earth. Two summers ago now I worked with two black dudes, one a Jamacan and a Hispanic we had some kind of fun let me tell ya. We were all around the same age and I asked them if back in the 70's they had a fro and dreds.......they asked me if I had hair down to my ass. :lol: Lots of fun and I miss those two guys, the hispanic guy had too much attitude and was only there about 3 weeks. I did not however get along really well with some of my fellow white boys, but that was that seniority, testostrone, "must pay dues" BS, I did not get that from those other three, and the girls (all two) in the office loved me.

I do however have a problem with repressed lesbian feminazi bitches though :P but Ive been there and it was very very painful. It was a situation where my entire family was always walking on eggshells and had no idea what we had done other than being born. She pretended to be openminded and politically correct in one momment and in the next everyone was a complete waste of O2. Since over a decade of that and other school of hard knocks ed (Whatsamatter U). I believe in treating all people with respect until they cross the line, then I say "Ok, ya wanna F--- I like to F---". that is my version of correctness.

PC in front of clients, unless they start it first - like the Macedonian woman who started bashing how many Muslims are in Toronto and how she left her country because of the ethnic nightmare it had become. Not PC with my co-workers. We have all nationalities, all ethnic groups ( I am male, white but am gay, so there!) represented and we all have a HOOT trashing each other.

NOt PC at home or with my friends.

F**k 'em if they can't take a joke, is my attitude. I have no patience for PC, anal, repressed types.

I tend to be an equal opportunity offender - no one is safe. My favourite word of all time is F**K, my sales staff always make a motion like they're blowing the air horn on a semi. I blurt out whatever's on my mind (sometimes before I've even thought of it). The one biggest lesson I've learned is that you can say almost anything, joke about almost everything, as long as you SMILE.....

I tend to be an equal opportunity offender - no one is safe. 

So am I. However, certain "demographics" within humankind are higher on my offend (or just "make fun of") list than others.

For the most part, I keep things clean, at least until I get a good read on the person and their ability to take light hearted humor. One thing I tend to stay away from at all costs is sexual humor. With most of the women I've encountered, if they laugh at it, they're only laughing on the surface. It bothers them way more than they let on.

With most of the women I've encountered, if they laugh at it, they're only laughing on the surface. It bothers them way more than they let on.

Not my experience:

Those that are indignant usually are offended - like a lot of C.A.P.s (Catholic American Princesses) - and don't have time for that kind of prudishness (is that a word?)

Those that laugh and want to hear more - well....

I'm sick of political correctness.

If you want to call someone a fascist, nazi, or bible thumping bigot you should be able to do it!

Political correctness is the worst kind of bland centrist politics. The age of the political independent is coming to an end. Liberals and conservatives will rise again. :AH-HA_wink:

Usually not politically correct while in the social environment, but at work, I try to be, although I slip relatively frequently.

I hate being politically correct. I like to let people know how I feel about them when I get the chance- you know, like those young white kids trying dress in those overblown bed sheets trying to look all gangster or whatever, I call them wiggers. One time, a group of them heard me.

It depends on how you want to define politically correct. Saying someone is heavy instead of fat is one thing, but if someone says it's a little hot and you reply "yeah like Jews in the ovens!", then that's a bit different.

I think offending people just for the sake of offending them is pretty childish.

That said, I don't hide behind labels and I don't like it when others do either.

In the words of the immortal Popeye, I yam what I yam. And the corollary to that is: you are what you are. Best part of that outlook is, I don't care what you are, long as you don't hassle me about what I am.