Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Just Bought A 2006 Hummer H3 - *PICTURES ADDED*

I just bought a new 2006 Hummer H3. I finally got it today! I love it....The only thing I hate is the placement of the GM badge. One of the nicest vehicles I have ever driven! I wanted the chrome wheels, but you can't get them with the off road package in Canada.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by CadillacCTS

Congrats on the purchase.  What is your opinion on the power of the vehicle?

[post="5387"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think the power in the vehicle is just right. I mean lets face it, this thing is not a sports car. The engine is perfectly powered to handle what the vehicle is designed to do.

That looks nice <_< i wish i had one yeah i agree the GM symbol is poorly placed. So when you takin it off road if you doo tell us how it handles but if your like my dad his truck didnt see dirt untill it was half way payed off. congrats. good luck. and thanks for buying American(wut better says american than a hummer)

That steering wheel seems a little out of place.  I think the GMT360 and later GMT900 wheel, which is more square, would be a little better in its place.
Posted Image

[post="9260"][/post]

That steering wheel would have been much better. Another thing I think the H3 is missing is steering wheel controls.

A guy stopped by my house yesterday in a hugger orange 1968 SS396. He's stopped by before and keep teling me he has a decent amount of '68 parts for sale. When a black H3 dove by he said he just got one for his wife and they're thrilled with it. It's a bit underpowered but since he will not be towing it's not a huge issue. Very impressed with the frame, ride & comfort. & He's like 6' 3".

That should get you to the shopping mall with no trouble at all!

And of coarse he would take the long way thru the mountain. . .

I love that hummer, Im now in the process of considering a trade in with my Jeep to get one.

What package did you start with? What options did you like/dislike?

Have you driven the 5-spd?

And of coarse he would take the long way thru the mountain. . . 

I love that hummer, Im now in the process of considering a trade in with my Jeep to get one.

What package did you start with? What options did you like/dislike?

Have you driven the 5-spd?

[post="12583"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I started with the Luxury package and then I added the off-road package, a sunroof, chrome appearance and head curtain airbags. I havent driven the 5-spd yet. I can't believe how many people look at this vehicle and how many times people see the GM badge and say "I didn't know that GM made Hummer!" Everyone that has seen it can't believe how nice the interior is.

Oh sweet mercy, that is my dream truck right there. Congrats on the purchase, man. The white looks very clean. I've heard a whole lot of good about the interior on the H3. It's a platform mate to the GMC Canyon, which I have, so I've gotta ask you: how well is it put together? I know mine makes more noise than an angry woman, but Ive heard just the opposite on the H3.

Best looking Hummer, IMO.

Man, you must be doing pretty well for yourself. Three 2006 cars according to your sig.

[post="15869"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

To be honest I dont own 2 out of the 3. I own the GM dealership where I live so I really only own the H3, the Cobalt and the Sierra are just on demo plates. I drive demo cars for about 6 months but my son is going to be driving the Cobalt for a year. My dealership is full line, Chevrolet-Pontiac-Buick-GMC and Cadillac.

To be honest I dont own 2 out of the 3.  I own the GM dealership where I live so I really only own the H3, the Cobalt and the Sierra are just on demo plates.  I drive demo cars for about 6 months but my son is going to be driving the Cobalt for a year.  My dealership is full line, Chevrolet-Pontiac-Buick-GMC and Cadillac.

[post="15872"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Oh, that explains it then. :)

Damn that is sweet! My cousin just bought one, and it is great. We took the thing offroading, and it will naviage some pretty serious terrain. It gets up something like a 35-40 degree angle with no problems. And yes, it was really that steep of a grade. Also, the interior is nice to look at and very solidly built. On a side note, maybe GM putting that badge on its cars will pay off. If people notice the good cars GM builds, it will be a plus.