Toronto Auto Show - when? whos going?

www.autoshow.ca

feb 17 - 26th.... it's late this year.

i'm going and don't think there will be anything new, except perhaps the new Epica that was shown in a spy picture a week or so ago. (in canada, there is a Chevy Epica which is a Suzuki something or other - made by daewoo).

actually, any 2005 NAIAS concepts that were not in Toronto last year tend to show up here a year later (Cien and Sixteen were here 14 months after Detroit)

Ill be at the show probably for most days its open. :P

I suppose we will have the Chevy Nomad and Saturn Curve as concepts. Maybe the GMC Graphyte and GM Sequel?

I wouldnt hold my breath for the Camaro, but since there are two, if GM was smart, they would at least have the red pushcar for a day or two. :huh:

EDIT: Huge correction: THE CAMARO WILL BE IN TORONTO!!! :o

I will be working the Auto Show this year - OH JOY! It can be kinda fun - take off your name badge and raz the folks over at Ford.

I remember a few years back a guy was sitting in the Windstar, loudly bitching that it didn't have 4 doors when the Chryslers did. Even though he was trashing Ford, he was starting to piss me off. I figured he was a Chrysler mole. I tore him to shreds in front of his audience when I asked him how many trannies he had put in his Chrysler van.....

but I digress,

and yeah, Co Op at GM. No offense to the 20 year olds out there (puts on flame retardent suit) but we have a coop student and he is driving everyone nuts. Filling out lots of reports and graphs for the General Manager, and generally ratting eveyrone out.

Nice kid, but really, just a kid. It is good for him to watch and learn, but the first thing you need to learn in business is street smarts and politics. HIs enthusiasm and starry-eyedness (if that is word) is refreshing, but some of the old dogs around here want to punch his lights out - not me, I just chuckle to myself and try and remember when I was like that.

I just hope he doesn't become the General Manager in a few years. Oops. Maybe I should start some serious butt kissing now, just in case.......LOL

I hope to go but it may be right in the midle of my move to Ottawa...... Is it the same place as last year downtown???? I hate how you have to bounce between 3 buildings in a tangle of mazes.....

If I dont get to go to the Toronto Autoshow, I will probably go to Ottawa's but they get like 1/2 the ammount of cars than Toronto...

I will be working the Auto Show this year - OH JOY!  It can be kinda fun - take off your name badge and raz the folks over at Ford.

I remember a few years back a guy was sitting in the Windstar, loudly bitching that it didn't have 4 doors when the Chryslers did.  Even though he was trashing Ford, he was starting to piss me off.  I figured he was a Chrysler mole.  I tore him to shreds in front of his audience when I asked him how many trannies he had put in his Chrysler van.....

but I digress,

and yeah, Co Op at GM.  No offense to the 20 year olds out there (puts on flame retardent suit) but we have a coop student and he is driving everyone nuts.  Filling out lots of reports and graphs for the General Manager, and generally ratting eveyrone out.

Nice kid, but really, just a kid.  It is good for him to watch and learn, but the first thing you need to learn in business is street smarts and politics.  HIs enthusiasm and starry-eyedness (if that is word) is refreshing, but some of the old dogs around here want to punch his lights out - not me, I just chuckle to myself and try and remember when I was like that.

I just hope he doesn't become the General Manager in a few years.  Oops.  Maybe I should start some serious butt kissing now, just in case.......LOL

what booth you work at? and whats the name? (I might see ya around)

97.5 regalgs eh? any mods? (sorry for off-topicness)

so we've got a few people going there, i'm sure i'll recognize ted if I see him..

though I am a youngling so slightly embarrassed :lol:

Ill be at the show probably for most days its open. :P

I suppose we will have the Chevy Nomad and Saturn Curve as concepts. Maybe the GMC Graphyte and GM Sequel?

I wouldnt hold my breath for the Camaro, but since there are two, if GM was smart, they would at least have the red pushcar for a day or two. :huh:

EDIT: Huge correction: THE CAMARO WILL BE IN TORONTO!!! :o

is that published anywhere? cause I will take friday off and be the first in the door to drool over it

I might be going, I'm planning a trip up to Buffalo with a few friends to visit a few friends that go to college there and we might take a ride up there on the 25th.

*EDIT*

Does anyone know if the Sixteen will be there? I had to say it mgiht be there to encourage him to go.

Edited by Decka

what booth you work at? and whats the name? (I might see ya around)

97.5 regalgs eh? any mods? (sorry for off-topicness)

so we've got a few people going there, i'm sure i'll recognize ted if I see him..

though I am a youngling so slightly embarrassed :lol:

i assume the 97.5 regalgs comment was made towards me? sorry, was at NAIAS on weekend, just getting back to C&G.

yes, it does have some mods, but none that i made myself -

1. resonator is starting to leak so the car has a wonderful Pontiac throaty sound now.

2. one of the metal connectors on the muffler used to hold it up has rusted off so it's hanging precariously (now that the metal strap I had used to hold it up has rusted off).

3. - small oil leak around the head gasket so get some wonderful smells sometimes

4. picked up a weird vibration in the front end that doesn't seem to be tire related. i'd guess somewhere in the suspension, but not really sure.

5. the cassette deck doesn't work and there is no CD player

other than that, it is compeley stock!!!

Edited by 97regalGS

i assume the 97.5 regalgs comment was made towards me?  sorry, was at NAIAS on weekend, just getting back to C&G.

yes, it does have some mods, but none that i made myself -

1. resonator is starting to leak so the car has a wonderful Pontiac throaty sound now.

2. one of the metal connectors on the muffler used to hold it up has rusted off so it's hanging precariously (now that the metal strap I had used to hold it up has rusted off). 

3. - small oil leak around the head gasket so get some wonderful smells sometimes

4. picked up a weird vibration in the front end that doesn't seem to be tire related.  i'd guess somewhere in the suspension, but not really sure.

5. the cassette deck doesn't work and there is no CD player

other than that, it is compeley stock!!!

you should ask about all that stuff on regalgs.org

i'm sure they can help you :lol:

it's a bunch of people that modify regals...

• 4 weeks later...

I hope to go but it may be right in the midle of my move to Ottawa...... Is it the same place as last year downtown???? I hate how you have to bounce between 3 buildings in a tangle of mazes.....

If I dont get to go to the Toronto Autoshow, I will probably go to Ottawa's but they get like 1/2 the ammount of cars than Toronto...

Me and Ted are tripping it to the Ottawa show in March... lol, autoshows we have been to thus far this yr: Detroit, Buffalo, now Toronto, then Ottawa, and maybe to Quebec City.

I will be going on Sunday. I usually go on the first day but my dad is in Dallas. If anyone goes on Sunday and sees some with a Flying High 2006 Dodge Charger t-shirt on, that is me. It is my favourite shirt. It has the General Lee as well as the 2006 Dodge Charger on the back.

I spent the entire day at the Auto Show today. The GM show is really, really lame this year. Where did they get this act from? Out takes from the Gong Show? I was embarassed, truly.

It was kinda neat having Saturn and Cadillac buttressed against Toyota and Lexus - good placement, I think. Luck or design?

I made the rounds. I was a good boy: I didn't razz any of the Toyota or Ford guys. I behaved.

Some impressions though -

Honda Element even uglier than I remembered. The Ridgeline I still don't get. Both interiors are way too fussy. The Civic is gorgeous and really worries me. The Cobalt had better have a big refresh coming.

Is it me, or are all Fords becoming trucks? I was astonished at how big the 500 is inside, but it felt like a truck. The trunk wasn't as big as I'd expected. I had just sat in an Acura TL and then saw the price on the 500 - and yeah, I know they aren't in the same market but the prices are! I liked the Freestyle - why does everybody have 3 rows of seats except GM? The Navigator is just ugly. Cadillac doesn't have to worry. The Zephyr, or whaterver they're going to call it is nice. I really liked the Fusion. As much as I like the Malibu - and I am driving one now, I would lease a Fusion in a flash. Well priced and looks nice. I hope it is true that the Aura is the new Malibu -we're going to need it!

I was shocked at the price of the Avalon - $43,000 Canadian. The SS Impala is six grand less! I don't get Toyota. The Corolla looks tired. I don't like Japanese radios - they are all the same and look from the '90s. The Rav4 is nice, but are they kidding with the 3rd row? I overheard a woman complaining to her husband that there is no way they could shoe-horn the kids in there. A for effort, though. Why is everybody leaving the true small sport ute market behind? Again, the Rav4 is nearly $40 grand. Ouch.

The poor Rolls Royce was buried in the back - all lonely.

I walked past Hyundai a few times. Too depressed to dare to take a good look. VW is irrelevant. Really, with the Asians building better cars and the Americans building cheaper ones, who would buy a VW these days?

BMW is, well, BMW. $100 grand for a wagon? Ouch. I found the wagon way too techno looking inside - almost stark. Nice seats. Definitely top notch touch and feel.

Never made it to Skydome or the damned Rogers Center or whatever the hell they call it these days since the government sold it for a song. Too bad, because I guess Chrysler and Nissan were sequestered back there. Worst building to be in, IMO. I was too tired from standing all day.

The Navigator is just ugly.  Cadillac doesn't have to worry. 

I was at the show Fri, Sat Sun. Did they have the new navigator on Monday? It was the old model the days I went.

Im back at the show tommorow. I hope to take pictures (was not able to before).

And yeah, the 500 trunk is HUGE!

Oh, I wanted to add that I spent a lot of time in the Tundra, too. Another big YAWN. And what is with that big smooth, shiny chunk of plastic on the main part of the dash? Really cheesy! People rag about the hard plastic on the Impala and Cobalt? Really, for $48,000 I was shocked. Only Toyota fans will buy the Tundra.

The GM show was embarassingly lame this year. I talked to a couple of the people there and they said that they've had problems with ACTRA and with models not signing off on photo rights. Like, whose brainiac idea was that?

They had some goof jump off a platform high up on the ceiling and swing down on a cable, but the woman feigning suprise at the bottom was awful! I just couldn't watch it. Driving the new cars out on stage was neat, though.

I'm back and the GM displays were amazing.. The Camaro, Velite and Aura were amazing. Bel Air was borring and I still think the Sequal and Graphite were ugly. I loved the sky, Got to sit in a few new cars (Monte SS, STS, DTS, ect.). Classics I enjoys as with the exotics (Was hopoing to see an Enzo :( ).

Oh an another thing my buddy and I were could not find the Chrysler display (I'm guessing another building)... the only chrysler we saw was the Caliber.

I got some pics, but my mom's camera has been drop kicked or something so many times the thing wouldn't turn on sometimes and the slightest movement, the pics came out blurry. I'll post some good ones that turned out at some point.

The GM show was embarassingly lame this year.

I agree. If only they had made it more classy.

Something like the Escalade commercial would have worked wonders. Imagine models (maybe sporting Canadian Olympic gear) striding down the catwalk, intermixed with the new cars. Throw in some good music and lighting. Would have been good. :(

EDIT: Look, someone posted the show on YouTube eh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3uio94x8Mw