Brougham-Holiday

New Chrysler Group Ad

10 posts in this topic

Yesterday I saw the new Chrysler Group ad, featuring several historically important Chrysler Group cars and set to the song "Sweet Disposition".

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> Edited by Brougham-Holiday

Not bad!

And they put the Airflow in there... I thought that was one they used to be embarrassed of

Better than their recent ads, but it still feels sort of soulless to me. They can and have done better.

Excellent ad. Reinforces for nervous customers that Chrysler will remain American, visibly. I like it.

Nice ad. I like it.

Not bad, but I can't escape the feeling that 'muttonchops' driving the Charger is not hauling business documents in that particular bag. :P

I just don't like the Jeeps added in there... they weren't Chrysler owned (Or even American Motors owned) in the WW2-era shot or Chrysler owned in the '70s.

I just don't like the Jeeps added in there... they weren't Chrysler owned (Or even American Motors owned) in the WW2-era shot or Chrysler owned in the '70s.

Irrelevant. They've been Chrysler owned since '87. It seems when a company acquires another company or brand, they acquire that company/brand's history.

Not bad, but I can't escape the feeling that 'muttonchops' driving the Charger is not hauling business documents in that particular bag. :P

Ya, kind of a 'Bullitt' homage to that scene.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

I like this ad.

Saw it on TV the other day. The first time I saw it, though, I only caught the last half of it, starting with the Dodge Charger. Then, a bit later, I got the "full effect" and saw it from the beginning.

Very cool.

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"My heart would always be behind the wheel" ... Ronnie Milsap ... 'Prisoner Of The Highway'

And they put the Airflow in there... I thought that was one they used to be embarrassed of

They did, sales-wise, but they had zero reason to, engineering-wise.

That was the most pleasant surprise of the ad for me.