• Announcements

• Drew Dowdell

Network Issue   06/28/2017

We are aware of an issue with our upstream network provider.  The site will be sluggish or unresponsive.
Brougham-Holiday

New Chrysler Group Ad

10 posts in this topic

Yesterday I saw the new Chrysler Group ad, featuring several historically important Chrysler Group cars and set to the song "Sweet Disposition".

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> Edited by Brougham-Holiday

ocnblu    719

Excellent ad. Reinforces for nervous customers that Chrysler will remain American, visibly. I like it.

FAPTurbo    1,040

Not bad, but I can't escape the feeling that 'muttonchops' driving the Charger is not hauling business documents in that particular bag. :P

SAmadei    224

I just don't like the Jeeps added in there... they weren't Chrysler owned (Or even American Motors owned) in the WW2-era shot or Chrysler owned in the '70s.

I just don't like the Jeeps added in there... they weren't Chrysler owned (Or even American Motors owned) in the WW2-era shot or Chrysler owned in the '70s.

Irrelevant. They've been Chrysler owned since '87. It seems when a company acquires another company or brand, they acquire that company/brand's history.

Not bad, but I can't escape the feeling that 'muttonchops' driving the Charger is not hauling business documents in that particular bag. :P

Ya, kind of a 'Bullitt' homage to that scene.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

I like this ad.

Saw it on TV the other day. The first time I saw it, though, I only caught the last half of it, starting with the Dodge Charger. Then, a bit later, I got the "full effect" and saw it from the beginning.

Very cool.

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"My heart would always be behind the wheel" ... Ronnie Milsap ... 'Prisoner Of The Highway'

balthazar    1,629

And they put the Airflow in there... I thought that was one they used to be embarrassed of

They did, sales-wise, but they had zero reason to, engineering-wise.

That was the most pleasant surprise of the ad for me.