Ahhh snow

Satty

We finally got our first real snow of the year, a whopping 4 inches. But since this is Missouri, it might as well be eleven feet, these people are absolute morons on the road. Saw a guy in a Silverado do a complete 360 upon exiting a gas station. Did I mention its only snow? Dry snow at that? I ran up the street in Tiny and didn't have a problem, even with the huge wall of snow the city kindly left at the bottom of the driveway. Now I think we're going to take the old, 9.5' kayak out and use it as a sled.

You mean they freak out over snow in Missouri as much as Delaware? Wow...

...then again...it must actually be a really limited amount of regions in the US that are "schooled" in white stuff...PA, New England, midwest (or not...), etc. Otherwise, worthless :facepalm:

Snow kayaking is probably my new favorite sport. That was a blast. The risk of decapitation was low, the risk of face planting into a boulder was pretty high. And yes, the locals flip out over snow. And ice. And wind. Basically unless its 65 degrees, partly cloudy with no wind, these people drive like the speed limit is 15mph.

"Tiny" LOL

You've never named a car? We've got Tiny and Titty.

Snow kayaking is probably my new favorite sport. That was a blast. The risk of decapitation was low, the risk of face planting into a boulder was pretty high. And yes, the locals flip out over snow. And ice. And wind. Basically unless its 65 degrees, partly cloudy with no wind, these people drive like the speed limit is 15mph.

You've never named a car? We've got Tiny and Titty.

I don't recall ever naming one of mine...but I named my sister's '84 Merc 500SEL 'The Big Dog' years ago, because that's the kind of car the big dogs (doctors, lawyers, CEOS, Wall Streeters, etc) drove back in the Big 80s.

My brother has usually always named some of his cars, incl. a sluggish 4cyl Mustang II he called 'The Silver Bullet'.

You mean they freak out over snow in Missouri as much as Delaware? Wow...

...then again...it must actually be a really limited amount of regions in the US that are "schooled" in white stuff...PA, New England, midwest (or not...), etc. Otherwise, worthless :facepalm:

Ya...driving in E/NE Ohio (6 winters) and SE Michigan (3 winters) really prepared me for winter driving. And most of the Ohio winters were in RWD cars w/ snow tires. The 12 years of Colorado winters in SUVs were mild by comparison (lots of snow, but much less of the sleet, freezing rain, ice storms, and general slop).

Lots of my cars/trucks have had names.

I'll never forget that kid in the canoe ducking at the last possible second as the canoe plunged undeneath a cyclone fence at about 30MPH.

He was damn lucky.

And stupid.

He was the only one of about 5 or so who didn't bail out before reaching the fence. :stupid:

Going towards a fence just seems like a really, really bad idea, in a regular sled, a canoe, a kayak, a snowmobile, or pretty much anything else capable of gaining momentum.

Ocn, Tiny is her, Titty is mine (say TDI as if its a word, not an acronym and you'll see where I got that brilliant name) although it would make far more sense if it were the other way around. The Thing in the Garage is, sadly, not an actual VW Thing, just a thing that is apparently not capable of being removed from my freaking garage.

Going towards a fence just seems like a really, really bad idea, in a regular sled, a canoe, a kayak, a snowmobile, or pretty much anything else capable of gaining momentum.

The kids in question weren't terribly bright nor stable, and most likley quite high at the time. It was fun to watch them ride before the crash. That ended the canoe rides.