Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Camino LS6

Thundersnow!

25 posts in this topic

Just happened here a short time ago. Very rare.

Momma Nature is pissed!

The wind is blowing like crazy here right now and the snow is coming down so hard it's a whiteout. Wild. No thundersnow yet though.

We have about 18" so far, and I expect to lose power at any time. All of the trees and wires are incredibly heavy with snow at this point and I can hear them snapping when I go outside.

I may be stranded here shortly without heat and power.

If the 45MPH plus winds they are predicting come, it may be a very long time before I can get out of here. And days before I have power back.

It's getting very real right about now.

Yikes, yes. If this keeps up, I might not get to work tomorrow either. After a neighbor used his snowblower earlier today to clear my driveway, it has drifted over and I've been plowed in to the tune of about 4 feet. And the wind....

Apparently we had thunder & lightning Friday night into Saturday with the snow, but I never knew...sleeping.

Wack Jack, just seems wack :o

Seems like the Middle Atlantic states just keep getting hammered. Bad in E. Ohio also, talked w/ my Mom yesterday..their power was off 15 hrs over the past weekend, about 30 inches of snow. Neighbor plowed out the driveway for her More snow expected.

Just had a momentary whiteout - couldn't see the barn from my house (about 100" away).

They downgraded our snowfall totals. In my area we're only going to get an inch or so.

I heard thundersnow when I was in 9th grade... it was such an eery sound too...

The thundersnow hasn't returned, and the wind is quiet at the moment. But I can only see a few hundred feet from the house.

Thanks JB, visibility dropped to zero a moment ago...

The wind is coming back.

You may get your wish, this is way too much winter for PA. This stuff belongs in DF's neck of the woods.

This storm puts us over the top, making this the snowiest winter on record - ever.

And, a new storm is predicted for monday...

El Nino is the cause of all this. Still doesn't help us much in CA when about a billion gallons of water a day are not being pumped from the delta to the resivor because of inch long smelt.

And, a new storm is predicted for monday...

wut

What I took to be the crack-boom of thunder was actually one of our neighbor's trees falling right where I normally park my car. I'm so glad I decided to park on our other driveway. *wipes brow*

It's still windy and snowing (another 7.5" today), and tomorrow will make it a full week since I've been to class. Hooray for early spring break? :mellow:

This snow is unrelenting. We haven't even gotten the worst of it where I'm at. Just going down to Altoona, they've got double what we have.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room