Emblems

I like it when cars have individual model emblems, not just emblems for the make. About the only "corporate" emblem I like is the first emblem pictured. All of these pics are crops from pictures I've taken....

emblemCharger.jpg

emblemMustang.jpg

emblemCaprice3.jpg

emblemCaprice2.jpg

emblemCaprice1.jpg

emblemMC12.jpg

emblemMC11.jpg

emblemMC9.jpg

emblemMC8.jpg

emblemMC7.jpg

emblemMC6.jpg

emblemMC3.jpg

emblemMC4.jpg

emblemMC1.jpg

emblemMC2.jpg

Anyone else prefer individual model emblems and/or take pics of emblems?

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker

MCs.Caprice|models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows|RTs.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Never compromise what's right" ... Aaron Tippin ... 'You've Got To Stand For Something (Or You'll Fall For Anything)'

Just about the greatest emblem IMO I can quickly recall is the 1st gen Viper. Like the Ram head, too.

Those born-in-the-'70s MC emblems I never cared for- too froo-froo, frilly & meaningless.

I liked a lot of the '60s Pontiac emblems, tho: GTO, GP, Bonne.

It does add to the image when done well.

• 3 weeks later...
Far too many have been far too crappy for far too long.

I think it shows a lack of pride in the product.

I agree.

Plus ... for me, anyway ... many of the ones out now are just ... well, boring. I always thought of the emblems as adding character to the models....

*shrugs*

Balthazar ... cool Skylark emblem!

Cort | 36.m.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker

MCs.Caprice | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RTs.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I hope you remember me" ... Our Lady Peace ... 'Somewhere Out There'

• 3 weeks later...

Not very many model-specific emblems anymore..the Mustang, Viper and Corvette are the only current domestic ones I can think of right off...(the Impala doesn't have it's anymore, IIRC).

Sadly, I think it does still have it....just not on it as much....

LOVE that Ford Thunderbird emblem!

Cort | 36.m.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker * 07/24/2010=ChitownMeet #3 *

MCs.Caprice | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RTs.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Loose your blues" ... Kenny Loggins ... 'Footloose'

Edited by knightfan26917

• 4 weeks later...

This 1965 Monza65turbolrg.jpg

Is that actual coloring in the emblem ... or a reflection from something else?

Cort | 36.m.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker * NoreastrTrekRT=Aug2010 *

"I can't remember who I was back then" ... Tim McGraw ... 'Red Ragtop'