Sign in to follow this  
Sixty8panther

$14,140

Here's the Cobalt I'm thinking about getting. Crank Windows, Cloth, NO moonroof, no foglights, 5-speed, Steelies with $5 hubcaps, but hey... it's brandy-new & Yellow. The negatives have stacked up against the used SRT-4, so this is it. I think I might pick this little guy up as soon as things settle down. :)

Posted Image

Got the ricey wing. and XM. Nice. decent price on that to.

Got the ricey wing. and XM. Nice. decent price on that to.

I wouldn't call that wing "ricey". It's pretty tasteful compared to the SS S/C's wing, at least.

I would have prefered no wing but this one is not bad. It's not pretentious or obnoxious. Besides, I even like the SS wing as long as the color of the car is right. :P

Are you specifically not wanting a moonroof, or is it impossible to get one? Those things are so much fun...now that I've had one I cannot imagine going back to one without. Even my father got one on his new DTS (never ever had a moonroof before) and he had the dealership cut a hole in the canvas rooftop he ordered for it! HAHA!

That's harsh. I think the Malibu looks good. The front is not the problem it's the ass that looks too Camry-ish to me.

Now as far as the Moonroof, for me it's the forbiden fruit element. In other words I always wanted one and as soon as I bought the STS in 2002 I was like... Eh, whatever. I hardly ever used it. Of course the STS's power-up-down-sliding mechanism was all controled by one retardedly un-ergonomic and impractical switch that made me want to NOT use it.

The Infiniti, much like Gram's 1999 STS has a better setup for the Moonroof controls. That being said I want a STRIPPED Cobalt. Since the CD player is standard the only option I actually want is keyless... but I can even live without that.

Allow me to exagerate liberally here for a sec., but this way I have the 2006 Equivelant of a 1968 Plymouth Road Runner. Cheap, Cheap, CHEAP!, but still fun to drive since it comes with a 5-speed. The original Road Runner came with steel wheels without hubcaps or even center caps... it was a stripped out Plymouth wiht a nice "big" V8 & 4-speed.

Now I'm going to go kick my own ass for even suggesting that a FWD Cobalt has ANYTHING in common with a 60s Musclecar. :banghead:

Aw, she's cute :)

(the Cobalt, not the girl with the braces)

Cool man! I hope it works to your advantage and you can end up getting it. The new, lower starting price is great, it allows a buyer to get a few more options than they thought they could swing. Nice.

Guest YellowJacket894

^ He got that and he may be getting that Cobalt, too? Geeze, pass a little cash my way, huh? :lol:

But, seriously, good luck with the Cobalt, '68. :)

Question: Do you actually need another car?

NO I do not NEED a new car, but it's more complicated than a simple yes or no. We now have two payments, one on the Infiniti Q45 and one on the STS which the guy at Continental Auto Sales would not take in trade.

So as it stands I have an STS that has 143,XXX miles with blown out air ride shocks/struts , air pump, RF wheel bearing, a windshield, at least one of the four oxygen sensors also needs to be replaced, the car eats about a quart of oil every 250 miles & cosmetically it's in fair-to-poor shape.

And I still owe about $3150 on ithe car. My payment is $167 a month and the car is pretty much undrivable. In any rate the "service engine soon" light means it WILL not pass emissions without some $$$ invested.

So why keep this car? I don't have $2500 cash to make the car mint again. It's time to say goodbye to the STS. Marcia loves the car like I love my Camaro but all good things come to an end. She's happy wiht the Q and it's time for me to stop driving 2000 miles a month in a 1984 Datsun.

Trading the STS in on a Caprice or other B-body would be my ideal scenario but finding one that can still be financed (no older than 1996 :angry: ) means it's a long shot at best. If we can trade the STS in on a brand new Cobalt and go up less than $100 in payment it's a win-win scenario.

Chevy gets a new car sale, I get a new car. Other than the fact that it's FWD and the key is in the steering column instead of the dash there's not much else bad I can say.

It's a 5-speed, it's obnoxiously Yellow, the styling is downright attractive (for an compact car) the interior looks great and the fuel economy is enough to make it a "Thinking-Man's-Prius" while performance is still brisk. 8)

Edited by Sixty8panther

Makes a nice "hold over" car until the Camaro is available.

Yes. Absolutely. More on that later.

Window Sticker

And here's that colage from earlier. Right from the Chevy Website. :spin:

You can always take the bulb out behind the dash. And have done that before. But I dont have to do emmisions testing HAHAHAHAHAHA.

All are smog goes acroos the river to Canada not our problem. Sorry Toronto.

Caprice:

yeah, that's not going to fly in Mass. They make sure it lights up and then shuts off during the emissions test... and besides, they plug the computer directly inot the OBDIII. :(

I hate the XM. Stupid ugly anteana is a nuisance and the concept of paying for Radio is retarded to a guy who buys a $300 Datsu and drives it for 20K miles.

$10 a month? Yeah, I'm all set. for $120 a year I'd rather buy somethign less useless... like spinner hubcaps, LED windhield washer squirters, fake-J.C. Whitney stick on hood scoop or even curb feelers. :rolleyes:

f you're at all into music, you'll be singing a different tune after the three month trial is up. Trust me. This is coming from a fellow cheapskate currently wearing an outfit that cost no more than $50, shoes included.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook