From a poor to rich Corinthian

ocnblu

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkG9-m2VGwU?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkG9-m2VGwU?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkG9-m2VGwU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

A very nice job done to a car you just don't see anymore. Also, it is striking how much GM influence is seen in this design. The front end looks like a '77 Monte Carlo, and the rear end, a '77 Grand Prix. Just goes to show how much of a powerhouse GM design was, even in those days of malaise.

Having said that, I'd rock it with Torquethrust wheels, or even Cragar S/S's with knock-off center caps.

Having said that, I'd rock it with Torquethrust wheels, or even Cragar S/S's with knock-off center caps.

Yeah, the FWD offset wheels just don't look that good here. The bodywork looks good in black... lots of work, I saw a lot of trouble in the before shots.

My minor gripes...

- I think the design loses something without the top... it becomes very slab sided. I really see nothing wrong with a hot rod having a tasteful vinyl top. Without the top, the side windows look a little out of place, not having any chrome trim. I think you need to add trim there or black out the other trim.

- Cheesy, old weathered license plate cover needs to go.

- Front bumper needs to get straightened. It looks good from the driver's side... but the passengers side is twisted... and it takes a lot away from the car's perceived quality.

- I think the exhaust tips look a bit out of place. Smallish... or of low quality. I would have preferred larger chrome turn downs that would have made the exhaust sound an octave lower.

Otherwise, it looks good and very sinister. Definitely great to see something different. I always liked the Cordobas... regardless of the idiots lampooning them for their "rich Corinthian leather".

hate the bling wheels.

the next gen cordobas / MIRADAS were cars i lusted after. me, lusting after a chrysler. MIRADA.

81mirada.jpg

2009-dodge-journey-picture-5-588x392.jpg

look at all that interior progress over three decades.....where do they find that inspiration for gear shifters leaning forward....

i really dug the miradas / cordobas creased exteriors....

mi6.jpg

Edited by regfootball

As I kid I remember liking the Magnum and it's predecessor from around '76-77--the Charger Daytona (was just a stripe package on the Cordoba-style Charger, but neat nonetheless).

The Mirada and 2nd gen Cordoba were pretty nice...I remember going w/ my folks in '80 to test drive a Mirada..my Mom was looking to replace her '77 T-Bird, but my folks being ever the Ford loyalists bought for the blocky '80 T-Bird...

That is a clean example, but it looks odd w/o the vinyl top and the blingy kiddie wheels look out of place..

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Meh.

The wheels are ghastly. I'm all for bigger wheels and wider tires, but those look a little too big and they are ugly.

The rear quarter window should have trim going around it. Looks like he forgot. Either that or remove the trim on the driver's window in windshield.

Otherwise I guess it looks good, but I don't care for the way it looks.

As I kid I remember liking the Magnum and it's predecessor from around '76-77--the Charger Daytona (was just a stripe package on the Cordoba-style Charger, but neat nonetheless).

Hmmm ... speaking of the Magnum, I'll see if my grandma has any pictures of my dad and the ones he used to own back in the late '70s.

Meh.

The wheels are ghastly. I'm all for bigger wheels and wider tires, but those look a little too big and they are ugly.

The rear quarter window should have trim going around it. Looks like he forgot. Either that or remove the trim on the driver's window in windshield.

Otherwise I guess it looks good, but I don't care for the way it looks.

Well, I don't think that trim piece for the quarter window with landau top that was on before the transformation would look right on the metal top. I do agree about the lack of trim, though. A roll of 1/4" "chrome" trim on a roll would work in this case.

• 3 weeks later...

A very nice job done to a car you just don't see anymore. Also, it is striking how much GM influence is seen in this design. The front end looks like a '77 Monte Carlo, and the rear end, a '77 Grand Prix. Just goes to show how much of a powerhouse GM design was, even in those days of malaise.

Yep, indeed. I agree about your assessments of the appearances of the '77 MC and GP....

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic |* Rt 66+northwestUS, 2011?

MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Believe what you feel inside" ... Ronnie Milsap ... 'In Love'