Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

My friend bought a new Toyota Camry

Guest lance armstrong's Testicles

And he went to start it and nothing happened, he was like wtf...

We opened the hood and I could not believe my eyes.

The car had no engine or transmission, so much empty space.

Camry LE and the window sticker had the engine and transmission listed as equipment.

Tell him to recycle it for cat food cans. He wasn't missing much anyways. Tell him to go buy a G6 or Malibu which is 10x the car a Camry wishes it could be.

Scenario: A buddy of mine is looking at 3-series BlowMyWad coupes. I am ready to dope slap him upside the head because he won't even give a Cobalt SS or G6 GTP a chance. I have told him time and time again that the those two are 1000x the car that this overated Yugo wishes to be. But no, he's goota have the image of the BMW, the Euro style, the Euro quality BS.

Blindly loyal buffoon (Don't want to bust him too hard) who needs to get his head out of the sand.

Lol, two nights ago, me and TED, went to check out the new Camry that was launched the same day. It was 11:40 pm and there was still a sales guy inside the dealership. He noticed us looking around, and I asked him, if they sold any yet. There were about 5 of them on the lot. He said they're all sold. Ted's reaction: "They're all sold?" :o

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!" :yikes:

Tell him to recycle it for cat food cans. He wasn't missing much anyways. Tell him to go buy a G6 or Malibu which is 10x the car a Camry wishes it could be.

Scenario: A buddy of mine is looking at 3-series BlowMyWad coupes. I am ready to dope slap him upside the head because he won't even give a Cobalt SS or G6 GTP a chance. I have told him time and time again that the those two are 1000x the car that this overated Yugo wishes to be. But no, he's goota have the image of the BMW, the Euro style, the Euro quality BS.

Blindly loyal buffoon (Don't want to bust him too hard) who needs to get his head out of the sand.

LOL, don't stress, let ppl get whatever they want. It's his money not yours. Maybe he just doesn't like the G6 or Cobalt, don't shove it down his throat into buying it for the sake that it's domestic. When you go shopping for a car, then you can get whatever you want.

Edited by Polish_Kris

Lol, two nights ago, me and TED, went to check out the new Camry that was launched the same day.  It was 11:40 pm and there was still a sales guy inside the dealership.  He noticed us looking around, and I asked him, if they sold any yet.  There were about 5 of them on the lot.  He said they're all sold.  Ted's reaction:  "They're all sold?" :o

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!" :yikes:

Why.....was he going to buy one?

After you woke up & did a little hair-of-the-dog weren't you happy that nightmare was not reality? :P

LOL, don't stress, let ppl get whatever they want.  It's his money not yours.  Maybe he just doesn't like the G6 or Cobalt, don't shove it down his throat into buying it for the sake that it's domestic.  When you go shopping for a car, then you can get whatever you want.

I can't believe I agree with you... :P I mean... damn... talk about GM kool-aid addiction. :blink:

After you woke up & did a little hair-of-the-dog weren't you happy that nightmare was not reality? :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you always trying to make yourself look like an ass clown with that sense of humor?

Tell him to go buy a G6 or Malibu which is 10x the car a Camry wishes it could be.

The Malibu is not 10x the car a Camry is. Hate to burst that bubble.

In fact, it's just as much of a soulless appliance as anything Toyota currently produces.

The Malibu is not 10x the car a Camry is.  Hate to burst that bubble. 

In fact, it's just as much of a soulless appliance as anything Toyota currently produces.

haha, i love G6's i really do... but today i had a sad finding, that my head does not fit through the driver window... while i was driving one around our lot and trying to park it... i was trying to look at the curb... so down goes the window and boom :duh: i hit my head on the ceilind and my chin... owch, didnt think cars were that small, thats one thing i love about my trans am... hell i can get in and out through the window and i have before :ohyeah:

but the G6's are way better the the camrys, and the malibus are a bit more like appliances do to styling... but both the G6 and malibus are much more fun to drive... personnally i would own a malibu or a G6 if i was in that market because they are nice cars great drive and they are confident... where as the camry really isnt that confident...

haha on a side note, since working at my dealership, i realized something new has topped my list of most importants on a new car... it must have a leather wrapped steering wheel... because i have to use two hands in turns if its not leather wrapped... stupid plastic steering wheels...

Yup, you are OverDosed on the GM Kool-Aid.

:alcoholic:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

GM Koolade is the stuff heroes and legends are made of.

If you dont drink it, I will show you the door.

Ted's reaction:  "They're all sold?" :o "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!" :yikes:

No worries; toyota will slap together another 450,000... Ted will be in hump heaven.

I think you missunderstand.

I was mad that all the cars are already sold, not because I want one, but because this speaks volumes of the sheeple who do. :lol:

This thread is worthless witho......wait.......this thread is just worthless.

Exactly. Without solid proof it sounds like a chain-mail hoax.

How can a car even pass PDI or after assembly inspection without an engine??

Toyota isn't THAT stupid...

Yup, you are OverDosed on the GM Kool-Aid.

:alcoholic:

Maybe, or maybe I am not brainwashed by the foolish Import revolution going on out there on the roads. :angry: I stand by my statments about the Camry. It is a worthless hunk of rubbish. Toyota is trying to out-GM us with their Malibu and G6 wannabe's and the import buying fools will once again be suckered into believing that they bought a better car.

Their loss, maybe one day they will wake up and realize their ignorance kept them from a better car.

Are you always trying to make yourself look like an ass clown with that sense of humor?

No offense but I would never post something that ridiculously far-fetched without pics. That's pretty hard to beleive don't you think? Think what you will but I'm not buying that story. C'mon, I was born at night but not LAST night.

No engne and trans? ...he had to pop the hood? The extra 7" of ground clearance on the front of the car was not clue enough?

No offense but I would never post something that ridiculously far-fetched without pics. That's pretty hard to beleive don't you think? Think what you will but I'm not buying that story. C'mon, I was born at night but not LAST night.

No engne and trans? ...he had to pop the hood? The extra 7" of ground clearance on the front of the car was not clue enough?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

clue enough? who the hell expects to get a grand spankin' new car W/O an engine?

well my friend did and you are only making a further fool of yourself by arguing with me.

*What ever happened to the BS Flag?*

Someone on the assembly line or at the dealership would have caught this.

Toyota is trying to out-GM us with their Malibu and G6 wannabe's and the import buying fools will once again be suckered into believing that they bought a better car.

Their loss, maybe one day they will wake up and realize their ignorance kept them from a better car.

What does GM Kool Aid taste like anyways, anything like Cuervo? And the Malibu came out to replace the Corsica and to try to out-Camry Toyota, it didn't work. I dont think anyone is pulling a bunch of Epsilons into any warehouses to tear them down and try to emulate them, well maybe Chrysler will in order to figure out how to make a decent transmission and design an interior that isn't a big black lump of plastic. Also, I'm pretty sure that if you get 100 G6 owners in a room 94 of them would trade their car in for a BMW. The initial price difference and liklihood of higher insuance premiums are a couple of reasone the G6 sells more than the 3er. Not many people aspire to be part of the Pontiac family, the have a piece of the wonderful Pontiac heritage (I think the 80's and 90's undid most of the good karma Pontiac had built up, except the Bonnie, its been a pretty good ride throughout). Edited by Satty

clue enough? who the hell expects to get a grand spankin' new car W/O an engine?

well my friend did and you are only making a further fool of yourself by arguing with me.

:mellow::o:lol: :rotflmao: :alcoholic: :wink: