It's official: 2007 LaCrosse Super

buickguy

How does this article say that it's official, "2007 LaCrosse Super"?

It just says in the next few years.

And it really doesn't tell us anything we didn't know for months.

What was the Lucerne Super like Stoops?

And you got to give some credit to this article because this comes right from the Buick spokesperson so it does make it more official than our past surmising. And even though the year it'll be released is still shady we can pretty much surmise that the year is 07. The point is the car is official. I hope the interior excedes the Chinese LaCrosse.

I'm confused... someone help me here? Is the LaCrosse (the non Super trims) going to get a revised body for 2007? I mean, I'd find it hard to believe the car would receive anything other than minor body changes for just one trim... I would hope there'd be a refresh to try and match the Lucerne and the upcoming Enclave.

Maybe to make the Super truly super it have an exclusive front end, at least for 1 model year...

Just seems foolish to delay a change that might help car sales a tiny bit and wouldn't really harm sales from the existing customer base.

Just seems foolish to delay a change that might help car sales a tiny bit and wouldn't really harm sales from the existing customer base.

Just like the Rendezvous Ultra I think they'll keep the exterior styling changes limited to the LaCrosse Super... until the sales really start to decline, then they'll open the floodgates to the lower trim models to help boost sales temporarily. This is what they did with the Rendezvous Ultra how it was monocolored while all the lower trims had to have the tupperware along the bottom and near the end of its run (now) all Rendezvous trim levels can have a solid exterior color.

quite frankly i don't get this V8 Super idea. the GP GXP had the V8 first, then the Impala. by the time the Allure/LaCrosse gets it, the silly thing is due for replacement not long after on Ep2(or at least that was the last plan I heard).

i mean really, how many Supers do they think they'll sell to make it worthwhile to stuff the V8 in there.

i mean really, how many Supers do they think they'll sell to make it worthwhile to stuff the V8 in there.

As you pointed out, three other W-bodes have the smallblock V8 in them already. How much more could it cost to stuff one in the LaCrosse?

hmmm...this should all be dependant on when W-body stops getting produced and when Zeta starts up. I don't see GM spending money on a new front end or body for the car only to produce it for two years...

that was my point. if they're sticking in the V8 one would think it will be around for a while. (instead of being replaced sooner.)

although they stuck the NS in the Bonny GXP for 1 year (or was it two).

and I also decided not to comment on the Buick vs Lexus debate where GM sticks a, don't say it, pushrod V8 into the car instead of OHC.