Intrigue 4-4-2?

Guest YellowJacket894

If anyone doesn't know the story: It is a never released show car that was put together right before the axe swung down on Olds (It was going to be shown at the same time some Alero 442's were as well) I believe this car has the 'hot rodded' 4.6L Northstar which they have had a hard time keeping transmissions in... 8)

Ahh the things that could have been - They show some of these late concepts and some very important classics (such as Toro #1, '53 Fiesta, 1 Millionth '76 Cutlass, etc) each year at the Olds Homecoming show in Lansing

FYI - http://www.reolds.org/homecoming.htm June 17th, 2006

Love the front bumper myself. get rid of the graphics on the side and leave everything else alone and it's got the stamp of approval with me.

After I win the lottery and buy the Olds mane from GM and start making new ones again I'll do up a nice 442. It sure as hell will NOT be FWD thogh!

I don't know about it never being released. It was never at a major autoshow like NAIAS, but it was out. In fact, I have many pictures of it from the Woodward Cruise a couple years ago. I even sat behind the wheel, until they figured out that despite the Olds polo shirt I didnt necessarily belong there.

I don't know about it never being released. It was never at a major autoshow like NAIAS, but it was out.  In fact, I have many pictures of it from the Woodward Cruise a couple years ago. 

Yeah I meant that it had never been released at a large show to the public - since the announcement of Old's demise it has seen many car shows...

It reminds me of getting to hear the Alero OSV fired up... it gave me goosebumps as they drove it over and loaded it on the trailer...

• 2 weeks later...

I think the car overall looks great, but they should have made the bumper grilles smaller. I feel it overpowers the rest of the front end. I still wish they would have built something similar to this along with the OSV versions of the Intrigue and Alero.

• 3 weeks later...

I think that the car looks great, but it could really do without the huge holes in the fender. If Olds really wanted them, maybe some more rounded holes would have looked better. The stripes look good...kind of takes your eyes off the snort holes up front.

I'm with sixty8, I like the whole package, though if it were a production I can see it haveing the same issues Solstices and late 90s grand prix SEs have, for states that require a front plate, I feel it would ruin the front entirely.

Anyway... here's a chop I had done some time ago, to my achieva based on the 442 concepts (note: I used my existing hood)

Posted Image

Looking back on it now, I really don't car for the side and rear skirts but I still love the front.

• 4 months later...

...They should have never created Saturn(as much as I like them), and used that money to fix Oldsmobile!...

185596[/snapback]

True. Although Saturn aside KILLING Oldsmobile cost GM more $$$

thus far than it would have cost to just keep them around, redesign

the lineup and sell cars to this day. That's the REAL tragedy. :(

The problem with the air dam is its got the cheap aftermarket "kit" look to it. Large protruding framed lip around the openings. Thats whats wrong. The side strip is horribly tasteless too. There could have been more creativity there as well, looks like something a 4th grader would do. The hood is perfect. This car would have rip snorted an older stock 442 in all performance departments. But not in the looks department

The OSV's would have been excellent . GM defined itself when they killed Olds, now they are seen in that very same light, a dying company that most are afraid to buy a car from..................

Way to go Hoser's !

Now there going to show the world that satruin was not a BIG F'in mistake.............so in doing so they are going to steal sales and product from Buick, Pontiac and Chevy..................

Way to go Hoser's

:pbjtime: