Sign in to follow this  
PONTIACGXP

2007 Pontiac G6 GXP at nyias

It's official that the G6 GXP will be at New York in two weeks!!!!!

Pontiac's G6 mid-sizer-known in some Detroit circles as the car that Oprah built-gets a high-performance edition at the coming New York auto show. The April expo will showcase the new 2007 G6 GXP, a spin-off of the two-door coupe(most likely the sedan and vert will make it to production also) that gets a 270-hp, 3.9-liter V-6 engine along with body mods. The G6 GXP will share New York show space with the new Mitsubishi Outlander, the revamped Audi TT, and a host of other new vehicles, most of which you can see in our New York show preview:

Posted Image

Edited by PONTIACGXP

Sounds nice. I wonder if they got the three valve heads to work on the 3900.

this is great news for pontiac and G6. Price price price, value value value and looks looks looks should all be of great importance with the release of the GXP. In accordance, GT should go away. Base model should get GT wheels and 2.4 engine with stick. All models should get improved handling packages. GTP engine, wheels, and handling improvements should move to GT designation. Improved/updated looks a la Sema G6 and pricing lowered all around would mean huge uptick in this car's competitive factor.

this is great news for pontiac and G6. Price price price, value value value and looks looks looks should all be of great importance with the release of the GXP. In accordance, GT should go away. Base model should get GT wheels and 2.4 engine with stick. All models should get improved handling packages. GTP engine, wheels, and handling improvements should move to GT designation. Improved/updated looks a la Sema G6 and pricing lowered all around would mean huge uptick in this car's competitive factor.

Minus the GT optional wheels. Those look horrible. The standard GT rims look so much better.

Or just make the GT the base model altogether. The only real difference with the base V6 is the manumatic and the different final drive.

Oh, and speaking of the upcoming show car, please no Bugs Bunny grille like the Performance Coupe concept. It looks awful. Something subtle yet distinguishing like the GP GXP should be good.

I was referring to the Roush edition G6 from Sema in my post.

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...?showtopic=2546

I like the front end treatment and ground effects, but the rear could stand to be sharper still. Agreed with you Tony on the bugs bunny grille from the Sema coupe, that was too much.

It's official that the G6 GXP will be at New York in two weeks!!!!!

Pontiac's G6 mid-sizer-known in some Detroit circles as the car that Oprah built-gets a high-performance edition at the coming New York auto show. The April expo will showcase the new 2007 G6 GXP, a spin-off of the two-door coupe(most likely the sedan and vert will make it to production also) that gets a 270-hp, 3.9-liter V-6 engine along with body mods. The G6 GXP will share New York show space with the new Mitsubishi Outlander, the revamped Audi TT, and a host of other new vehicles, most of which you can see in our New York show preview:

Posted Image

Sounds like yet another variation of GM's pushrod V6.....

:stupid:

Sounds like yet another variation of GM's pushrod V6.....

:stupid:

no, that's CAM IN BLOCK.

pushrods? WHAT A BUNCH OF FU.K-ING MORONS! WHO's the decision maker in detroit who's head is buried up the butt of 'we just don't get it!!!!!!!!'

270hp? no one cares if she's a moaner with armpit hair........

GM will NEVER 'GET IT'

MORONS! no one will care about this car. OOOOO orange paint.....OOOOOOOOOOOO

DUMB ASSES, show us a direct injection 3.6 vvt with 300hp and LTD slip diff. not pushrods.

Edited by regfootball

I've heard the Chinese V6's are damn impressive. I mean, damn impressive.

I think they should bump the power up on all 3.9s... I mean, it doesn't have to be 270, but how about 250 minimum? That'd be a nice number for the Impala, a nice SS for the Malibu, and great for the CSVs. It's only 10hp more, but it is such a nice, round number :)

Nope, read the press release. 270 hp 3.9 L. AFM should arrive this year too, now that it's debuting on the Chinese 3.0 L V6.

I bet you its not... :AH-HA_wink: well maybe it is. There is a 3.6L GXP that was shown too. I think it would make more sense for that to get the nod.

Edited by avro206

A 275 hp 3.6 L GXP was shown in 2004, then in 2005 a 270 hp 3.9 L performance coupe. What they are unveiling in NY is, officially, the 270 hp 3.9 L. People won't pay enough for the 3.6 L. At $4K or more below an Accord, something has to go.

I was sure I heard it was going to be the 3.6L HF V6

We were ORIGINALLY promised the 3.6L HF for ALL G6... Then, recently, we were told that the GXP would in fact debut with the HF 3.6L... Guess we got lied to twice.

I've heard the Chinese V6's are damn impressive. I mean, damn impressive.

Not with our media... We all know that FACTS don't matter here, it's all about FEEL

if the manual could still be used and gets the same mpg, this would be just as competitive as mitsu's engine in the eclipse, then the argument over OHV v OHC could be nill for large v-6's

if the manual could still be used and gets the same mpg, this would be just as competitive as mitsu's engine in the eclipse, then the argument over OHV v OHC could be nill for large v-6's

Yes, the theory of OHC being more powerful could be put to an end, but what about OHC being smoother, and more willing to rev in most applications?

Yes, the theory of OHC being more powerful could be put to an end, but what about OHC being smoother, and more willing to rev in most applications?

The press I have found on the 3.9L OHV give it credit for its upper rpm thrust and smoothness. But wait next test they'll criticize that! :D

I don't mind if Pontiac has a "less sophisticated" pushrod, while Caddy, Buick, and Saturn uses the HFV6 in different forms. I think it's more a marketing thing... look at DCX's PUSHROD Hemi. A huge success for them; all because of the "Gotta Hemi?" marketing. If the HP and Torque #s are right, and the engine's reliable, it could be marketed right for Pontiac and Chevy.

THE POINT IS THE BUYING PUBLIC'S PERCEPTION IS HEAVILY IN FAVOR OF OHC's in PERFORMANCE CARS OF THIS ILK

digital compact cassette

mini disc

digital audio tape

betamax

laserdisc

functional technologies that died because the public didn't want them because they wanted something else. buyers in this segment are looking for certain features in their engine technology

the caminblock is fine in the base and lower priced GT. A GXP G6 deserves top notch stuff.

Edited by regfootball

if all you've driven is a GM car and never been out further than the cornstalks you probably would never know that

Edited by regfootball

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today.
  • My Clubs

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets