2011 GMC Terrain SLT2 3.0

Hello all,

Long time no post. I still stalk but don't engage much. There's not much in the automotive world that I am much passionate about anymore - so I'm still paying attention, but not too engaged. Love to see Toyota implode but hate to see belief that Hyundai is the second coming. I've buried myself in history and politics (ugh!)... but enough about me. I just wanted to throw out a pic of my new ride - a 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2 3.0 FWD in Steel Blue Metallic. It has basically every option but AWD and Nav/monitors. I traded in my 2006 Malibu MAXX SS - which served me well and I got good $ on a trade because it only has 32,000 miles on it. Plus the GM card bump and loyalty got lease payments super low.

What a difference the interior on this is just compared to my 2006 - everything feels good, works smoothly and looks good. I took an Acadia for a ride also, and though I liked the power of the 3.6, it is just too much vehicle for me at this time - I don't need 3 rows and all that space. Any questions let me know - I just got it yesterday and there's only 24 miles on it - but I'll shake it out soon.

162997_1799313986790_1357988872_1962876_3908533_n.jpg

Walt

Looks sharp (tho I can't personally warm to the styling).

Interesting that all this recent snow didn't persuade you to go for AWD, but it's really not (normally) necc in Jersey, as you undoubtedly kno.

I'm sure it will serve you very well; looking forward to some in-progress reports (and a few more pics) on it.

I figured with FWD I'm not all that worried. If I picked up a full-size Sierra I would go for the 4WD. I don't go skiing or travel up north, so for the couple of snow storms we are getting, FWD is fine.

I warmed to the style a lot. I like it better than the more car-looking Equinox.

Best looking CUV on the market. Really like the color. Like the fact you got the 6 cylinder. I hope it runs perfectly for you, let us know with an owner's report when you get a chance. Good to see you here, sir.

Other than the 2.8 in my Fiero, this is the smallest displacement I ever owned, so there was no way I was going to take the 2.4.

Did you drive the 2.4? We drove a 2.4 Equinox and it was a terribly slow and doggy. The dealer didn't have any V6s so we didn't drive one.

My aunt has the same color combo on a Terrain as you, I believe. She got AWD and the moonroof as well I think.

Congrats--great choice!

An ex co-worker who leased Ford SUV after Ford SUV just turned in her Edge and got a new Terrain, and when (well, still...) my Camaro driving and crazed mother wanted an SUV, I've begged towards the Terrain/Equinox. Great package, and easy to see why they sell in droves. The 3.0L is also a great choice, along with FWD.

You know I approve, Walt! Great choice, and I'm happy to see more GMCs here. You'll have to let me know how it handles in the snow being a FWD. I too would have to have the 3.0L V6 engine; after owning the Saturn SKY with the 2.4L 4 cyl, which wasn't a bad engine but not what I expected, there's no way I could be happy with a 4 cyl equipped Terrain (the first one I ever drove in 2009 was with the 2.4 and I wasn't all that impressed). Those that want a cruiser & good MPGs buy the 2.4; those that want to haul stuff and haul a$$ buy the 3.0 I've learned :lol: My only sticking point is the FWD vs. the AWD issue. I know we only get a handful of snowstorms in NJ (it does seem like more though since two years ago), and now that I'm not teaching and only get "snow days" if the govenor declares a "state of emergency", I'd hate to be stuck somewhere because the FWD just isn't getting me through (especially since I have a 33 mile one-way commute to work). The FWD '03 Buick Rendezvous CX we had in the winter of 2004 just plain ol' sucked in the snow, though I will mostly blame the crappy Michelin tires GM used at the time (the traction system was trying its best to work, and the tires were only a year old at the time). Same with my previous '07 AURA XE and the wife's G6 - the crappy Hankook Optimo tires just don't have the wet weather performance needed in NJ :P I'm curious what size and brand tires your Terrain has (being SLT, 18" should be standard, and either Michelin Pilots or the Hankook brand).