2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 - First Look (Video)

Fast forward to 1:51 for the good stuff :drool:

:yes: that rumble = :drool:

And I am still truly happy they named the car after me :roflmao:

Hey, you should know by now your rep precedes you. :smilewide: I hear that GM may name more cars after C&C members.

The rumble you hear here is nothing, just wait till you hear it under WOT. If you have heard a ZR1 with bypass muffler you have a clue on what to expect. This will blow the sound of the Boss quad exhaust away. This baby will wail like an angle of death.

Won't hear me complaining if my namesake hits the showrooms!

At least they did not taunt you with a April fools joke of it coming this year. As long as Holden builds them there is always the slight chance. You know I would love to see you finally get one someday.

Though I did see a BMW M series pick up used as one.

I am very pleased to see that Chevrolet is making more performance models now that GM is out of Bankruptcy. However, if it were to be a "real" ZL-1 then Chevrolet should have dropped the LS7 V8 under the hood. It would be nice for the car to live up to its namesake with a 427 V8. Chevrolet put an LS9 cam in the LS7 to make 550 hp for the Camaro LS7 Concept. That sould have been the ZL-1 instead of using the LSA out of the CTS-V. Since the CTS-V coupe is going to be racing in the SCCA circuit, there would be an overlap in competition and marketing if Chevrolet would have used the Z28 name for this car. I wish the LS7 would be used in other cars besides the Corvette Z06. Will there be a return of the Z28 as rumored? We shall see.

I am very pleased to see that Chevrolet is making more performance models now that GM is out of Bankruptcy. However, if it were to be a "real" ZL-1 then Chevrolet should have dropped the LS7 V8 under the hood. It would be nice for the car to live up to its namesake with a 427 V8. Chevrolet put an LS9 cam in the LS7 to make 550 hp for the Camaro LS7 Concept. That sould have been the ZL-1 instead of using the LSA out of the CTS-V. Since the CTS-V coupe is going to be racing in the SCCA circuit, there would be an overlap in competition and marketing if Chevrolet would have used the Z28 name for this car. I wish the LS7 would be used in other cars besides the Corvette Z06. Will there be a return of the Z28 as rumored? We shall see.

It will be interesting to see what happens...maybe they will do an over-the-top Camaro ZR-1 w/ the LS9 engine, to compete w/ the upcoming 800hp Shelby Super Snake. A Z-28 has been rumored, as a Boss 302 competitor slotting between the SS and ZL1.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

??? Didn't SLP make a ZL-1 car also,or are they one in the same ?

The aftermarket tuner SLP did make a ZL1...but this is a production(from GM) ZL1. Different cars.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

• 1 month later...