2006 Jeep Commander

HarleyEarl

I have always liked the look of 2 door SUVs.  They could make the commander in a 2 row seat version in 2 doors.  It would look very cool.

The biggest problem with most 2dr SUVs (except for the XJ Cherokee and the old large Cherokee) is that they usually have pickup doors that are too short to allow easy ingress/egress to the back seats.. I used to have a Bronco II and that was a problem with it..

I would rather them come out with the Jeep Gladiator...... I could see myself buying one of those, not this commander....

[post="11072"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

All you have to do is wait then. There will be many Jeep's based off the new Wrangler. There will be a pickup (Gladiator), a 2 door (probably SWB and LWB), and a 4door (probably LWB and fixed top).

• 2 weeks later...
Checked one model out last week (base model equivalent to Grand Cherokee's Laredo level), and while it looks much better in person and it has one of few new Jeep truck dashboards that don't look like boxy, dated junk (i.e. Dakota), it was still disappointing. The cloth felt fake, and the second and third rows were pretty cramped, and third-row access wasn't that great, and third-row headroom for a 5.4.5' person like me wasn't great, though its not a dare like the Suzuki XL-7's. I also read that the seats-down cargo volume is only 1 cubic foot more than the otherwise-nice Grand Cherokee's volume, which in Commander is a still-pitiful 68 cubic feet, especially for a truck with a taller height and boxier profile than its donor vehicle. And I'm not getting the trend that when a vehicle is redesigned, yet is even taller, cargo space drops. There's no excuse at all. Overall, from what I have seen so far, the Commander seems to be little more than a wasted effort (that had so much potential-it really would have helped if Jeep STRETCHED THE WHEELBASE!), and despite the nice and differentiated steering wheel, I can't rate this boxy rig any higher than a C. Edited by Mule Bakersdozen LS