Sign in to follow this  
ocnblu

No Bigger Than A Jalapeno

Here's a Spark video showing running footage.  The 2013 Chevrolet Spark is a new minicar hitting dealer lots now.  Check one out today! 

:lol:

It is amazing how huge the Sonic has grown since this Little Champion (that was a Spark plug) has appeared on the scene.

Edited by ocnblu

I'm amused by the Spark. And I think it's worlds better than an iQ or Smrt. I hope it does well.

My beef with it is... I wish it came in 3-door as well as 5, as the Beat Concept that won the Chevrolet minicar design contest.

Other than that, after seeing them up close and sitting in one at a local dealer, I think they're cute, in a baby T-Rex sort of way.

Salesguy says they'll be hard to get, with a wait of 4 months for a specific build on one.

Edited by ocnblu

I've not yet looked at this class up close, but the IQ I pass on the highway, sitting hopefully on the dealer lot lawn, is far less offensive to my eye than the spark.

I would think with an iQ, that 2-inch wheelbase would be a punisher over tar strips and the like. I just picture it bucking down the road like those horsey rides that take a quarter in front of WalMart.

I just read where the Spark has more measurable interior room than a Ford Fiesta. And a comment by a 6', 200lb guy that bought a pink automatic for his wife, she loves it, and he wants to get himself a manual. Not sure what color. Maybe white, silver, red, denim blue, or Black Granite? I want to see the Lemonade ones.

Edited by ocnblu

I'd buy a used car first.... when they showed up a couple weeks back it looked like someone spilled a bag of Skittles on the front lawn of the Chavy dealer.

• Upvote 2

I'm pleasantly surprised by the Spark. The changes they made for 2013 are quite an improvement, almost making it resemble a chic European city car.

I wouldn't mind having a few parked in my neighborhood to borrow or, if made autonomous, to ride around in for cross-town trips. Not sure if I'd own a Spark, but I could see myself using one.

Edited by pow

Chevy was projecting something like 1900 sales in its first full munt on the market, but the little sucker has sparked a mini-frenzy, with over 2600 sold.

Hideous, just hideous.

Agreed, saw one in NYC this weekend and I was repulsed. I get the case for a car like this, but does it have to be so fugly?

Look at these hilarious, spicy little peppers!  Cool!  :)

This is another case that shows how much the market has shifted and the love affair with the car is over. . It is more about how much does it cost to buy and how much gas does it use. Oh and can I get a loud audio system.

I too find little to love here but if they can sell a ton of these more power to em.

I think bringing the car here was a bold move from GM. Sure it is underpowered and sure it is hideously disproportionate. But for what it is an utilitarian, city commute appliance with a little fun added to it, the car is better than Scion, Fiat, and Smart. If the car gets the 1.4T for a sport model, it will be a fine pocket rocket.

Conversely I would like to see such bold moves from GM in other areas as well.

I think bringing the car here was a bold move from GM. Sure it is underpowered and sure it is hideously disproportionate. But for what it is an utilitarian, city commute appliance with a little fun added to it, the car is better than Scion, Fiat, and Smart. If the car gets the 1.4T for a sport model, it will be a fine pocket rocket.

I was told quite pointedly this week by some people at GM that the General is working hard at getting all of the volume sellers where they want first before working on the special cars that most of us around here wish for. They want their cars to be at or near the top of each major segment first. Have a good base and then work on the fun stuff.

• Upvote 2

I was told quite pointedly this week by some people at GM that the General is working hard at getting all of the volume sellers where they want first before working on the special cars that most of us around here wish for. They want their cars to be at or near the top of each major segment first. Have a good base and then work on the fun stuff.

That is a sound approach. A company has to get the fundamentals right first.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook