More New C7 pic's

hyperv6

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/09/19/this-is-your-best-look-yet-at-chevys-c7-corvette/

GM has really gone to lenghts to hide this car with camo even on the dash.

The things to take here are the seats are seen. Also the Steering wheel and the C7 is next to a ZL1 to better judge the size.

There is a shot of the rear hatch that looks like a more flat rear hatch with no wrap around to the opening part.

The large rear center pipes with the 4 outlets are a nice touch.

We should see more soon as this is following the same patter of GM photo leaks and bring the cars out to tease.

The Changes will be much more than just the skin for one.

New engine, tranny interior, size and other new features. They are fixing the things that needed fixed for a lot time.

This also is planned to be short term just to address the needs in the car as they are already working on the C8 with will bring the greatest changes we have seen since 1963. What changes/ The entired platform will change.

It was either ther short term C7 fix or sit and wait a few more yeats with dropping sales for the new more radical changes. In this day and age they could not wait that long anymore.

• 4 weeks later...

No games with the fuel on the Vette. They are not going to play the hybrid game with the C7. Now it may be considered with the C8 with the moves of the recent Ferrari and Porsche.

From what I have seen of the new car this car is a moderate evolution. There are more changes here than we have seen in a while. Like already stated the Driveline is all new. The materials used in the body are all new. The interior is a level we have never seen in a Vette. The rear window and hatch are much more different than the past wrap around window. The tail lights will change some from the round lights.

I expect this car to still look like a Corvette but with a little more Euro/C7R race car look for the street.

I expect the handling that is already good will be re engineered to take even better advantage of the new Magntic shocks. I also expect some weight loss too.

This is not just going to be a restyled C6. While the base is still the C6 it will make the changes they could not have done over the last many years due to the lack of funds.

No games with the fuel on the Vette. They are not going to play the hybrid game with the C7. Now it may be considered with the C8 with the moves of the recent Ferrari and Porsche.

Wonder if such a hybrid setup wouldn't be better introduced in a NG XLR before it makes its way into the Corvette... The old "nothing can touch Corvette performance" needs, perhaps, to be redefined...

• Agree 1

First off until Cadillac is the leader in each class with a sedan and what ever coupes leave the sports car rest. A class leading ATS, CTS and LTS will do more for them than a sports car. Now do I think Cadillac should make another attempt at a sports car, Yes. But now is not the time and they have a lot of work to do first. The way I see it they have one legitimate shot at a sports car and if they have class leading sedans it make the sports car all that much easier to accept.

I think the Corvette is in for some major changes in the C8. We are to the point I would expect the Transverse springs will finally be replaced and other major changes. I also would not be suprised if there is two Vettes. One regular and one Supercar type. I think Chevys move to the Daytona Prototype series may have been a signal they may do a second level car or at least they are still like always consdiering it. The economy and the state of GM will have more to do with that when the time comes.

I think what would make them make this move with the Vette are several things.

FIrst off how much and how good of a system is out there when it is time for the C8.

Second how well did the other Hybrid Sports cars do and did Porsche and Ferrari filter parts of these systems to other lower priced models.

Third will this system not only help the image but will it improve performance in some major way as it improves MPG.

Fourth This kind of system may be more important in Europe than anywhere. WIll Chevy be at a point where they will try to re enter Europe with the Vette. With the European Econonmy in the tank now I do not see that being done for a little while. just dealing with Chevy as it is and Opel is tough enough.

The bottom line a Hybrid system is something I think they should consider and be ready for but not do now.

Also The Vette is the car to do it in. The Vette is a name that is almost a brand unto its own. To most it is a Corvette by Chevy not a Chevy Corvertte. The Vette has almost out grown Chevy but that is where it is and it is not going anywhere,

The next Cadillac 2 seater needs a lot of though and care. While the XLR was not a bad car it was too much like a Vette but more expensive. I think the Cadillac image needs to improve more if they plan on a expensive sports car. To be honest I think a smaller less expensive one like the small BMW sports cars would be a better fit for them. You would sell more of them and people would see them on the road more often enhancing the image vs a XLR that was seen rarely. A Z4 like car on a ATS platform could be interesting. Imagine a small nimble sports car with that chassis? Then style it to a level it makes you say wow. The last thing Cadillac needs is a expensive rarely seen a Mid Engine right now.

Give it 4-5 years here and see where all this leads and then we will know if the hybrid is a needed move. The market will answer this one.

Guest oklahoma wayne

how about a ragtop CTS coupe SKin on a vette chassis wow, with electronic FWD assist

a refined exhaust note that says that was a cady. i know a vette roar, a mustang growl, a porsche note, ferrari zing, a harley rumble

i mean a song in the KEY of Cadillac mmmmmm-swosh

maybe this new GM V8 will reset the threshold, in efficiency ( it is smaller ) and how could you be more dependable. look at the all the ten year old vettes still on the prowl.

a guy can pick a c-style and then pick engine generations, ( ie C4 cross fire, tuned port, lt1, lt4/ C3- LS2/3/6/7/9 hard top coupe, conv 427 grand sport, ZR1, Z06

the only question is which one will become the collectors 67 split window the 90's Z06, the 2007 Z06 or the new 427 conv,

i wish i had a time machine, i would by one and just make the payments, till i could collect the capital gains in 40 years. i imagine there are a few sitting in garages awaiting some one with more money than age, to say i wish i could find an classic Z06 in daytona blue, black wheels, old school navigation, with one of those CD thingys. my dad still has a few. i like how the exhaust opened up at 3500RPM , sure beats the quiet electric whistle, and the vehicle tracking system that stops me from wandering out of my taxed area of road.

it would be nice to pass this guy but my car wont let me because it thinks im too close and auto stops me when i want to drift at the closed outlet mall parking lot.

sorry i was asleep at the wheel again thank GM for the auto pilot in my C8 tri powered ( gas/ plug-in/ nuclear-optioned) Joystic / sports car simulator

CTS coup or convertible on a Vette platform would be a total wreck. The CTS is moving to the world class Alpha platform and would just fine there with a bump in V power.

As for collector cars there are few post 1978 Pace Cars that will have much value. Too many of the limited editions were made including the 78 Pace Car. The fact is also too many are just trim packages than hardware.

Even cars with the changes in hardware are too many in numbers or they get passed up with the next model change that makes them less than desireable. Case in point the first ZR1 and I expect the present special 427 convertible to be passed up with the new Gen 5 engine and the C7 platform.

The days of the 1 of 7 or 1 of 50 made went away with the COPO cars of the 60's and early 70's. Even the present ZR1 will be out muscled at some point and no longer the king of the hill. The limited cars will call for a little more value over the standard model but the new cars will never see the prices of a ZL1 or 67 L88 unless Chevy changes and does some very limited models like the COPO Camaro.

Though you may have something in high demand with that 67 Split window. LOL!

The next Corvette will have composite body panels, have just TWO seats, and be powered by a V8 engine. You read it here first!

Such insite how do you do it? You risk taker you. LOL!

Are you going to go out on a limb and predict a Manual and Automatic version along with a convertible too? LOL!

Looks pretty much like the same car, with the same formula. Somehow after 25 years of complaints, they will still mess up the interior so they will only sell these to the same group of 55+ year old males that are loyal to the car. The Corvette is like the Cadillac Deville of sports cars, GM is so afraid to change it because they don't want to alienate the "traditional buyer" yet sales keep dropping until one day it becomes irrelevant.

Looks pretty much like the same car, with the same formula. Somehow after 25 years of complaints, they will still mess up the interior so they will only sell these to the same group of 55+ year old males that are loyal to the car. The Corvette is like the Cadillac Deville of sports cars, GM is so afraid to change it because they don't want to alienate the "traditional buyer" yet sales keep dropping until one day it becomes irrelevant.

To bad reality is not that simple.

Yes, I will go so far as to predict a manual transmission version. COMPLETELY UNLIKE the '53 model. And if my Magic 8 Ball is correct... look for a folding top model, sometime after the hardtop debuts.

Ok are you ready, here is a tough one. Will they offer it in red?

Yes, I will go so far as to predict a manual transmission version. COMPLETELY UNLIKE the '53 model. And if my Magic 8 Ball is correct... look for a folding top model, sometime after the hardtop debuts.

"All Corvettes are Red"

It's going to be interesting to see what the final product looks like..from the speculation, spy pics and speculative illustrations, in sounds the C7 like the could be the most change to the profile in decades, if the C-pillar and hatch area is moving away from the solid C-pillar and wraparound rear glass look it's had since '78.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

It's going to be interesting to see what the final product looks like..from the speculation, spy pics and speculative illustrations, in sounds the C7 like the could be the most change to the profile in decades, if the C-pillar and hatch area is moving away from the solid C-pillar and wraparound rear glass look it's had since '78.

1968-1977 C3 inspiration, maybe???

1968-1977 C3 inspiration, maybe???

I think they have injected a little hint of Pinnifarina since this car will go a little more global.

The C pillar change makes for a longer and more flowing design vs the 90 degree chop of the roof halo. I think this is one change that will go over well.

The complaints will come from the new tail lights but they will get over them just as they did with the non pop up headlamps. I also am not sure on the side cut and the trim on it. While the things I have seen were about 90% correct the small details like this could have changed. Also it may look better in person.

"All Corvettes are Red"

Even the blue ones.