Cruze Station Wagon

ocnblu

Plus it is way better looking than the current 5-door hatch, which we also don't get here in GM's home country. A Cruze diesel wagon with 6 speed manual would shirley give Volkswagen a run for its money... it's a GM product, so it is serviceable at many more dealers than Volkswagen, let alone more places to buy the car.

I understand the reluctance.

Accord wagon

Passat wagon

Nissan wagons

etc

Non are daily sights on the road.

Wagons in this class just do not sell. If they felt there was a market for it they would do it but today the small SUV's are hard to keep on the lot.

Again this is a case where a car that a small group of enthusiast like to see will not make it as the general American public has little love of it.

I would love to see it here too as it is a sweet looking car!

I have one co worker that has a Passat with a W8 engine in it. He got it for a steal as they dealer could not unload it. Also it is a very rare cars as I forget the number but there were few imported with the W8. Neat little car.

The new Nox is coming built on the Delta II platform and I suspect GM feels it will fill the need for any small SUV or wagon market and I have to say they are going to be right.

I don't understand the decision to NOT tell this here. It's not like they need to design anything.... build it and sell it.

Yep...

Actually I can totally understand the reason for not selling it here, most people like their comfort you find in a CUV over a wagon and the marketing has built a market segment that generates millions of dollars in profits. The cost alone will not justify the tooling to build this auto.

blah blah blah

Sorry if reality hurts.

I like this wagon too but you have to base reality on the real market and the average buyer.

The reality is if Toyota is not moving a lot of small wagons no one will. Like it or not the appliance buyers control the market. I for the life of me wonder what they see in a Camry but they keep right on buying them... sedans that is.

I blame Clark Griswold and his Wagon Queen Family Truckster for the decline of the wagon. It was just never the same since that movie. Hmm what if they offered a Family Fun pack standard in the Cruze?

Remember "If you hate now just wait till you drive it" What a slogan LOL!

Edited by hyperv6

• 3 months later...

While I'd jump for joy that GM offered a station wagon for the masses, my wife would shoot it down in a heartbeat (pun intended). She is not a fan of car-based wagons, though CUV/SUV wagons are great in her book.

I too think it is a shame that GM doesn't offer the Cruze or Regal in wagon form in the US. If the Holden Commodore wagon was currently offered in the States, I'd forgo my Envoy and a future Sierra for it (even in Chevy guise). Such a shame that we get the Encore instead of a real car-based wagon. That's marketing for you - always trying to find the new trendy way to sell something!

chevy will build captivas and send them here, will send a pittance few caprices. They really could sell 5,000 of these here. If anything make em rentals and fleet cars......sell about 5,000 at retail and sell about 10,000 of them as rentals....they'd have no trouble moving 5,000 of them retail. The rental volume would justify selling them here and would not water down sedan sales.

An Eco wagon or hatch with a 6 speed would be cool.

I still think Buick needs to sell the other Astra versions too.......

If GM wants to stay toe to tow with VW they need to raise the profile here of some of the more Euro offerings they sell, here.

Nice thing about the Cruze wagon is it won't have tight rear head room like the sedan.

Edited by regfootball