Chevy's new NASCAR star previews SS sedan!

ocnblu

You can see in the stickers that this will be more than just a G8 with Chevy grille. It appears the production car will have some of its own sheetmetal... unless the Commodore refresh that we haven't seen yet looks exactly like it.

Not a fan of the nose job! They should have used the headlight treatment from the Sonic and given it a more stylish grill! Perhaps combining the upper and lower grills into one larger and more imposing one reaching to the edges of the more Sonic like headlights! Give it a serious and imposing FACE GM to back up the power!!!

You can see in the stickers that this will be more than just a G8 with Chevy grille. It appears the production car will have some of its own sheetmetal... unless the Commodore refresh that we haven't seen yet looks exactly like it.

Can't really tell from the race car panels, but the Commodore refresh from what I've read may have an updated nose and tail, but the midsection (roof, greenhouse, doors) should be the same as the current model...it's not a total redesign. I assume the Chevy and Commodore versions will differ in the fascias and maybe the hood. Anyhoo, I assume all will be revealed in the next 90 days..

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

It probably could have been better (I was expecting a direct transplant of the new Impala front), but I like it and I'm glad the renderings we've seen are mostly wrong. Glad to see the Coupe 60 side cove make the cut

You beat me to it.

Yes this as close as anyone has gotten to what to expect.

Keep in mind this is the base model and I suspect there may be some even more limted HSV options added to special editions to keep things fresh. GM will not let this car just come and and just sit if they plan to use it as a NASCAR model.

Just do not expect a wagon or coupe. I still hold out hope for a import of some Utes at some point. I suspect this car is not a long term deal and may be replaced with a Alpha or Omega based replacment. We will have to see what Holden plans to see what they do.

The VF is just a evolution of a vehicle that has been pretty well played out to the limit. With out much more investment there is little more they could do without moving hard points. This is why I suspect they will invest in a different platform in a few years.

I think the performance of this car will be the main thing that sets it appart. WIth the Gen 5 engine and optional Magnetic shocks this car will dance circles around the SHO and Charger.

I just want to see this car anchor a place in the line up even at low volume that will spur more development in the second gen of this car. GM is doing the best with what they have and can build on it from here.

This is a long term rebuild of GM and Chevy into this segment.

If anything it is an improvment over the odd shaped car they are presently using. At least the nose and tail really kind of has a much more similar look to it vs the present car. The green house has to be retained as a set shape as they have to keep the brands honest. If not they would come up with some really odd crazy things to gain advantages at would really kill the seires like so many other have died.

As much as I would love run what ever you want the MFG's always go over the top and damage the balance to the point people stop watching and other MFG stop investing. It is the best and worst thing that happens to racing.

With the economy and attendance down controling cost will be very important.

Might note in the video.

Mark stated the car was developed by the ZL1 engineers. I suspect this is GM speak for us to expect more than a SS package on a sedan. Will this mean the Magnetic shocks come standard? Will this mean we will some kind of supercharger? Stay tuned.

I note too this car will be first shown at Daytona in Feb and released 3rd quarter of 2013.

If you have not seen the video take the time to watch there are a few hidden nuggets there.

That's what I was thinking...couldn't remember which magazine had it.. I like that front end.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar