Hi, a new guy here.

Hello, everyone. My name is Tyson. I was encouraged to join the forums here after lamenting the loss of one of my old car forum homes on my Twitter page. I drive a 2008 Mazda3 S Touring hatchback, which I purchased in August of 2009 with 12,200 miles. As it sits today, it has 55,350 miles. I love it just as much today as I did the day I purchased it.

I've always been into cars, even as a toddler. I had plenty of action figures and such but all I ever wanted to play with was toy cars. The more realistic they were, the better. I got my driver's license in May of 2006 and the obsession has continued to grow since. My first car was a base model 1992 Chevrolet Beretta with the painfully slow 2.2 liter four-cylinder and 3t40 three speed automatic. I added OEM Beretta GTU wheels, an OEM Beretta GT spoiler and a full ground effects kit from a Beretta GTU (the sporty version of the car built from '88-'89). I liked my Beretta very much but time took its toll and it began to have one or two major problems each month and eventually, we were forced to get rid of it before I moved away to college.

My second car was a 1999 Pontiac Grand AM GT1 coupe, affectionately named "Arnold" by me. This car was slick. It had every option available and was immaculate when I bought it in August of 2007 with 103,000 miles. I cared for it and kept it in absolute mint condition before trading it for the Mazda in August of 2009. The first few weeks of owning the Mazda, I deeply regretted giving up my beloved Grand Am. It wasn't the best car in the world, but it felt like it to me. I had a lot of fun with it, but it had 131,000 miles, a slipping transmission and a clogged catalytic converter when I sold it.

With my automotive history in check, I'll leave you with a couple car pictures.

Mazda (It has a MazdaSpeed 3 catback exhaust, tint, HID low beams and foglights, red vinyl interior accents, stubby antenna, color-matched headlight eyelids and Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs):

C398D4B5-0EDA-4151-A774-F5D424BFA7D7-662

Grand Am (didn't mod it much, just some blacked-out headlights and tacky stickers):

2009Detail003.jpg

Beretta (when I first got it and right before I sold it):

Beretta4.jpg

Beretta24.jpg

Sweet little red hatch! Welcome to the forums, it was me you were twittering with earlier today. Take a look around, we've been here over 12 years and have a motley crew of car guys.

edit: and nice job on updating the Beretta, keeping it looking stock while greatly improving its appearance.

Welcome to C & G, Great group of guys with passion for all types of Auto's. Nice little Mazda. Love what you did with the Beretta, yea they were not the best built, but I still love the looke especially of the GTU. The work you did really makes it look sharp. Pontiac were sweet for their time and we all have a special place in our heart for those cars.

Welcome again, will look forward to your posts and getting to know you and debating with you about the auto world. :D

Welcome to Cheers and Gears!! This place can get addictive quick but you will more than likely enjoy the show that unfolds before your eyes.

Great looking cars you've had/have... I had a '99 Grand Am GT1 Sedan in bright red new, leased it for 2 years. My best friend bought a new '95 Beretta Z26 in black that I always liked (I agree about them not being the best built cars, but in GTU and GTZ/Z26 guises they sure did look sharp!).

Thanks, everyone. You all seem really cool. I'm excited to have a car forum to check up on again. I was on a Mazda3 forum, but it was mostly jerks who pretty much laughed me off the site. And of course I am still on my old apontiac/GM forum, but I feel a little out of place since I now drive a Mazda haha