ocnblu

MARCH 2013 CAR SPOTTERS THREAD*******

44 posts in this topic

ocnblu    733

Well, it seems time is Marching on. Spring is coming, yes it is! Post your noteworthy car spots RIGHT HERE, hombres and hombresses!

Nice spring day today, 82 degrees...saw a gorgeous black '67 Coupe de Ville out and about...rolling on vogues and wire wheels. Saw a clean dark blue '71 Cutlass Supreme convertible, top down.

Checked out the first MKZ in town at a local Lincoln showroom. Styling is quite nice in person and the retractable glass roof is super cool but otherwise not really impressed. For real wood the trim on the dash feels cheap, the plastics aren't nice either. Not up to the quality of the XTS or even the ATS. Barely padded dash with not great texturing. Seats not significantly different on a $45k MKZ from a $25k Fusion. For the money the new CTS will be better value.

ocnblu    733

Traveling at "only" 75 mph yesterday morning on the way to work, behind an F-250 pickup in the left lane.

Was wondering what his issue was... until a maroon '63 Valiant 2-door sedan came into view as it switched into the right lane from in front of the Ford.

As I went by, I could hear the sweet sound of a mildly tuned V8 engine at cruising speed.

Saw a silver V6 5th gen Camaro w/ what looked like a set of 5 spoke steel wheels that I didn't recongnize...did they change the base wheels for '13? These had bright spokes instead of black ones.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

dfelt    1,774

Saw a brand new Abarath 500 today on the way into work. Both man driving and lady passenger were really big people and look uncomfortable in that little ugly auto. Still not impressed with it.

caddycruiser    50

Saw a silver V6 5th gen Camaro w/ what looked like a set of 5 spoke steel wheels that I didn't recongnize...did they change the base wheels for '13? These had bright spokes instead of black ones.

All 2013 Camaro wheels are new, except for the base LS's black steel wheels.

Different spokes and shapes. Maybe they were the new silver LT spokes.

All 2013 Camaro wheels are new, except for the base LS's black steel wheels.

Different spokes and shapes. Maybe they were the new silver LT spokes.

I was perusing the Camaro website yesterday, saw the new wheels...maybe someone painted the spokes on the black steel wheels..these had the trim rings, but w/ silver spokes. This was in a parking lot near my office, maybe I'll see it again..

Lamar    72

Driving to campus today, saw a car (maybe 300 feet away) that reminded me of a Maserati from the front and a Jaguar from the back.

Turns out it was a Tesla Model S. Property of a professor or an administrator, I'm certain.

Saw a silver Fisker Karma in my grocery parking lot, next to a white Camaro ZL1...both of which I think I've seen around before...

GMTruckGuy74    228

I saw a black 2012/2013 Chevy Caprice PPV 9C3 (Detective) car on Route 1 today. Had tinted windows but did not appear to be a police vehicle (license plate was garden-variety letters/numbers, no special MG, SG or NF plates). I still like this design and don't see the Caprice PPV on the road much. The only Chevy dealer I knew that stocked them closed at the end of January.

Saw a really clean black '69 Camaro SS on the 202 freeway this morning. Looked completely stock w/ Rally wheels...nice example w/o visible mods.

Pontiacs this morning...saw a clean gray G8 GXP at my coffee shop, then a clean bright red '69 Firebird on the freeway, then a worn-out but still running 6000 STE in a parking lot...wasn't sure if it was primer gray or faded from some other color.

NeonLX    40

1974 Chrysler Newport sedan. Turd brown. Was still (barely) moving under its own power. I think its once-mighty big block V8 was down to five cylinders.

ocnblu    733

Some kind of efficiency system on the new Datsuns. Mazda has "Skyactiv", Datsun has "Pure Drive". I dunno.

caddycruiser    50

Meteor Gray (dark gray) new 2014 Mazda 6 decently dirty, leaving Naval Academy in Annapolis, MD while we were touring around.

SUCH a great looking car, right color and wheels especially. Definitely stood out in traffic amongst the blah.

balthazar    1,882

'71 LeSabre 4-dr sedan, silver, very clean, police impound yard.
'51 Chevy sedan, black, solid, missing hood & wheels, awaiting the hammer at the scrap yard, but sitting out front like a lawn ornament.

ocnblu    733

Black Solstice with red and orange Trans Am screaming chicken decal on the hood.

caddycruiser    50

Near Annapolis, MD on Wednesday afternoon, a black Cadillac XTS outside a Bob Evans fully covered...

...in a black cloth top, Vogue wheels, Vogue tires, peel & stick chrome trim, and gold emblems. Oh what a looker.

IMG_5894_zps0b3d1c8f.jpg

IMG_7211_zpse8a1e942.jpg

IMG_0872_zps17a74aba.jpg

Saw an eclectic mix this afternoon....yellow '80s VW Vanagon double cab pickup, aqua '57 Chevy Bel Air convertible, top down, and a silver '66 Olds Starfire I hadn't seen in almost 2 years..

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.