JUNE 2013 CAR SPOTTERS THREAD HERE***

It was like overnight, June walked in and took over the calendar. It says in the fine print that cool and unusual vehicles must be on full display this month, so post your spots here in this thread, if you've got 'em!

Edited by ocnblu

• 2 weeks later...

Brand new 2014 red Impala LTZ last night at Target:

IMG_3239_zps0fd2091b.jpg

IMG_0588_zps566a3b05.jpg

Out driving today, a newly arrived Summit White 2014 GMC Sierra Crew at the dealer my Regal came from:

IMG_1134_zps816d7f1a.jpg

IMG_1134_zps816d7f1a.jpg

Then next door at Cadillac, interesting to note what an XTS that has sat un-ran too long looks like with a drooping rear as the air shocks let out a puff:

IMG_5100_zps908123a4.jpg

IMG_0123_zps154d8337.jpg

Within a mile last night I saw a dark red Tesla Model S w/ dark titanium wheels, a white Fisker Karma, a dark red Chevy Volt, and a silver Nissan Leaf. On the electric theme, one of my colleagues at work is getting a Ford C-Max Energi to replace his 250k mile Focus wagon..

All today:

1973 Eldorado convert, whote over white, top up, nice shape, parked by the local upholster shop.

1971 Buick Riviera, gold, split bumper treatment, super sano, 22" donks, parked.

1970 Cadillac deVille convert, white on white, top down, great shape, rollin.

1968 Buick Skylark 4-dr sedan, silver, a bit rough, rollin.

1966 Ford Mustang convert, black over yellow, minty, some sort of circular sticker on the doors, rolling, right behind a

1970 Buick full size convert, maybe a Wildcat, gold, minty fresh, some sort of circular sticker on the doors, rolling, right behind a

1956 Chrysler Newport 2-dr hardtop, turquiose-y over white, super minty, some sort of circular sticker on the doors, rolling.

Today I saw a 2011 Impala LT, white with orange stripes down the hood and trunk like the 1969 Indy 500 Camaro Pace Car.

In Derek's pictures you really see that contrast between the XTS and the '14 Impala in the rear there, I think the Chevy team paid way more attention to how the lines on their car concluded. I've always found the styling of the XTS to be a little unsettling, esp. from the B-Pillar to the Trunklid, although I wish they carried over the very heavily defined taillamps from that model to the new CTS as well.

Pasing me in the opposite direction on the way in to work this morning was a newer Nissan NV200 van, done up for commercial business as it had a ladder rack with an aluminum ladder on the roof. This is the first of these vans I've ever seen outside of a car show. Kinda funky looking; wondering how I'll feel about the Chevy version?

Attended a fire police meeting last night at Bordentown City's Station 601 (Consolidated). They still have in working order, with its original patina, their 1947 Mack pumper. It mainly sees parade and show duty nowadays:

IMG_20130626_184337_053_zps922aaa01.jpg

IMG_20130626_204433_495_zps3b65cb68.jpg

IMG_20130626_204405_853_zps3c9bd8cb.jpg

One of the younger fire fighters told me that it doesn't get driven as much since many of the members don't know how to drive stick! :lol:

My couple doors down from me neighbor, the one that has a metallic blue '10 Dodge Challenger R/T, now has a bright yellow Corvette sitting in the Dodge's spot in the driveway. Prior to the Dodge he had a 2007 Cadillac CTS Sport (I can't remember what he had prior to the Caddy; he's been my neighbor since '04). His car is his weekend/evening toy, as he drives an early-2000's NJ State government issued Chevy Impala for work.

Speaking of the final 9-5s, there were two of them in the Saab class at Colorado Concours de Elegance show I went to a couple weeks ago..kinda visible at the top center-left of this photo of Lotuses..

935915_10201350765521008_553219526_n.jpg

Got to ride in a coworker's new silver blue Chevy Volt today....seemed smooth and comfortable, albeit on a short trip on suburban streets. Also got to see a Blink charging station in use up close, in a client's parking garage...two Volts, a Leaf, and a Tesla roadster all charging up during the work day..