AUGUST 2013 CAR SPOTTERS THREAD HERE!!!

ocnblu

1961 Merc Comet 4-dr, primer grey, rough

1961 Ford Falco 4-dr, black, decent shape, regular driver

1961 Ford Falcon 2-dr sedan, white w/ red interior, 44K original miles, no rust or damage, nice survivor.

1957 Lincoln Premiere coupe, green w/ green interior, 76K, all there but had issues, still; very seductive.

All in same driveway, all for sale.

DSC02612_zps5c6306c5.jpg

WOW, that is a nice Cougar. It amazes me how people will spend money to buy something nice like this and then trash it.

Could be an in-progress resto..they've spent the money for bodywork and paint first, haven't spent it on the interior yet...I've seen plenty of cars like that.

Saw a homemade 'Avalanche' on the freeway this morning...a worn out red '90s era Suburban was driving along, with the rear roof behind the C-pillars cut off, no tailgate and an open bed with an open rear cab w/ the rear seat visible...weird...

Out driving last Sunday, a closed down Buick-Cadillac dealer not far from Philly. I forgot about this place. Strange because it's like a time capsule, with the signs and everything still up (good for a collector...) just no cars and lots of dust:

IMG_4948_zps89215429.jpg

Then not far from there, a topper. A topper in the way of a gold Pontiac G6 with brown cloth top. How classy.

IMG_8050_zps2d08fc47.jpg

Those cloth covered cars just need to die and go away. How ugly.

Sad for the dealership. Seems Buick was a bigger focus than cadillac based on the signed one sees. Thanks for posting, always interesting to see what has become of the older dealerships that closed down. Guess just dust bunnies.

I like your demo driver spotted there in the picture; nice upgrade from the usual Acuras you get to choose from :P

What dealer was this? How long ago did they close? Boy, the building design screams late '60s/early '70s with an '80s-inspired add-on. Just Buick & Cadillac? No GMC :scratchchin:

Two area Chevy dealers closed at the end of January. One has completely emptied the building of anything Chevy-related; the other still has their 30-40 year old large neon C H E V R O L E T sign on the building and the showroom is full of sign boards, posters and other sales stuff. I'm tempted to contact the owner to see if he's planning to give the stuff away before he hauls it out for garbage.

Out driving last Sunday, a closed down Buick-Cadillac dealer not far from Philly. I forgot about this place. Strange because it's like a time capsule, with the signs and everything still up (good for a collector...) just no cars and lots of dust:

IMG_4948_zps89215429.jpg

Then not far from there, a topper. A topper in the way of a gold Pontiac G6 with brown cloth top. How classy.

IMG_8050_zps2d08fc47.jpg

Saw a G8 Sportwagon at a local body shop this afternoon here in Tempe....looked like a G8 front clip on a Holden Commodore wagon body, under construction (had the glass out of it, no paint except on the front clip).

Saw a G8 Sportwagon at a local body shop this afternoon here in Tempe....looked like a G8 front clip on a Holden Commodore wagon body, under construction (had the glass out of it, no paint except on the front clip).

and you didn't get pics?!

and you didn't get pics?!

I was on the opposite side of a busy 6 lane street in traffic... but it's only a couple miles from my office, so maybe I'll swing by there tomorrow and try a snag a pic...

I heard a while back about a Phoenix area outfit that was converting G8s into Sportwagons and Utes a while back... can't remember the name or if they're still in business. Maybe they've got something to do with this sighting. :scratchchin:

I heard a while back about a Phoenix area outfit that was converting G8s into Sportwagons and Utes a while back... can't remember the name or if they're still in business. Maybe they've got something to do with this sighting. :scratchchin:

Hmmm...could be..this was on University in Tempe just south of the airport, west of 143...

Hmmm...could be..this was on University in Tempe just south of the airport, west of 143...

I read about it on some website a couple years ago but never got around to swinging by when I was in the area. I can't for the life of me find the link, might have to dig it up; I want to say that the place was either in south Scottsdale or maybe somewhere around Park Central but my memory could be flawed.

Drew, I always thought the same as they look like Chrysler cut the second set of doors off and welded it. But that is how they came.

Saw an old Lime Green Ford Ranchero. Looked to be stock over all with the faded paint and the old guy driving it with his stogie. :)

I like your demo driver spotted there in the picture; nice upgrade from the usual Acuras you get to choose from :P

What dealer was this? How long ago did they close? Boy, the building design screams late '60s/early '70s with an '80s-inspired add-on. Just Buick & Cadillac? No GMC :scratchchin:

Two area Chevy dealers closed at the end of January. One has completely emptied the building of anything Chevy-related; the other still has their 30-40 year old large neon C H E V R O L E T sign on the building and the showroom is full of sign boards, posters and other sales stuff. I'm tempted to contact the owner to see if he's planning to give the stuff away before he hauls it out for garbage.

Hmm.

The dealer was Ferraro Buick-Cadillac in Springfield, PA. Not sure when it closed. I just don't understand why the classic light up brand signs got to stay...or why they haven't been scarfed up. Usually that doesn't happen. This place just looks like they left and that was it, after the cars were gone, no one touched. Strange.

Wednesday I saw a Buick-GMC-Cadillac store in Milford, DE torn down flat, that used to be in existence until recently. Now spot will be another new drug store. Even before, though, the signage was gone when the dealer ended. They are usually leased items, at least the tall standing signs out front. The letters on the building are usually not, and kept separate.

Saw a brand new Black Diamon Edition Avalanche today. Did not realize they came in Blue. For some reason I thought they were truly just a black paint version.

post-12-0-95681300-1376265928_thumb.jpg

Saw this old car in the neighborhood driving by, not sure what it is but clearly a project car.

post-12-0-86637700-1376266056_thumb.jpg

dfelt: The 2013 Avalanche was offered in five colors - Fairway Metallic (dark green, discontinued pretty quickly), Silver Ice Metallic, Black, Blue Topaz Metallic and White Diamond Tricoat (extra charge). Here's the meaning behind the name:

Celebrating 12 Years of Verified Versatility
“Black Diamonds” have been long known as the most challenging and rewarding of downhill runs for skiers. Being a pickup known for appealing to those with a zeal for adventure, it’s only fitting that the last run of Avalanche is named after such a feat. It’s the vehicle that can transform from an SUV into a pickup truck quicker than you can plan your next destination. With the split-folding rear bench seat down and the Midgate® lowered, you’ve got the capability of a full-size pickup truck with the comfortable interior of an upscale SUV. From everyday travels to chasing adventure, the 2013 Black Diamond Avalanche is there to let you take it all on.

I looked this up a couple of months back when I was looking at leftover '13 Av's. Seems a lot of the ones I looked at in June are still sitting on dealer's lots. I really like the Fairway Metallic, but that is a hard to come by color (was even back in June). The Blue Topaz Metallic sure does look sharp on a LTZ model Avalanche :yes:

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

In 2 days, saw 3 brand new Nissan NV200's. They do look like a cool little slab sided utility van with some length zipping around. The latest I actually got a picture of was a black one on 76 here in Philly:

IMG_5005_zpsb81e43d4.jpg

I've already seen more of these than the bigger NV's in a while. May be a popular size.

Checked out some freshly arrived 2014 Camaro V6's at a local dealer.

First up a 2LT RS, and then a base (or 1LT, not sure), without RS. Interesting to see some other small differences like the thin chrome trim (looks GREAT) across the front end on the RS, in addition to the spoiler and halo lights.

I go back and forth on the new taillights, but the car looks newer and I like the look in person.

IMG_6497_zpsa23ea557.jpg

IMG_8764_zpsbf71e7fe.jpg

IMG_8543_zps939bb665.jpg

IMG_6075_zps00ad00e3.jpg

IMG_9017_zps8da934e0.jpg

IMG_6938_zpsf9fb1623.jpg

IMG_9035_zps100325a9.jpg

IMG_9810_zps49e54971.jpg

IMG_6544_zpse2d1b61e.jpg

Great look. Nice lights and details.

• Agree 1

I agree Cubical, it is pretty cool to see the differences of the two auto's. I personally do not like the chrome stripes they are throwing around everywhere. I tend to like my performance cars monochromatic. Only the rims should be chrome or black chrome depending on the color of the car.

New Camaro RS looks good! I like the bright trim. Chrome was used in the 60's on the highest-performance cars, it fits fine.

Today on the way home on the 4-lane highway, a brand new silver Beetle TDI convertible passed me, slammed suspension and the retro wheels (must have been RETRO-fitted, ha), top down with a scruffy, cute young guy driving.

Last Weekend I was at Doug's Cadillac Customer appreciation BarbeQue, food drive and Old Auto Show competition. I have to say, tons of food was collected to help out those less fortunate, the country western band was really good, food outstanding, but the stars of the shows was for me from new to old auto's. Here is just a taste of what I saw. I will create a new thread and build a album of all the pictures I took.

One surprise for me was that Cadillac sells a special Matte Silver paint job for the V edition of the CTS Coupe.

post-12-0-92269400-1377190854_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-78171700-1377190858_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-37019400-1377190862_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-44782400-1377190866_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-00879500-1377190870_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-41919700-1377190875_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-54799800-1377191007_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-39510100-1377191011_thumb.jpg