• Greetings Guest!

CheersandGears.com was founded in 2001 and is one of the oldest continuously operating automotive forums out there.  Come see why we have users who visit nearly every day for the past 16+ years. Signup is fast and free, or you can opt for a premium subscription to view the site ad-free.

Cmicasa the Great

Get YA RED HOT CTS-V!!! Right Ova Here!!! Cadillac CTS-V Configurator is Up!!!

Configed mine.. Loving this new color... $92K. Will go over $100K easy with some of the options. The Carbon Fiber and Lux package aren't my thing.. with the Lux package seeming to focus on the back seat riders.. Eff Em.. I wanted Recaros   29qnuaw.jpg

15pqsxy.jpg

I wonder why they didn't make ceramic brakes and option?  Not that I'd want them, but a lot of high end cars offer that.  Pretty good value on the pricing though considering an E63 starts at $101k which to me seems about $9k too much unless they are going to make driver assistance package and the Bang and Olufsen Stereo standard.

I wonder why they didn't make ceramic brakes and option?  Not that I'd want them, but a lot of high end cars offer that.  Pretty good value on the pricing though considering an E63 starts at $101k which to me seems about $9k too much unless they are going to make driver assistance package and the Bang and Olufsen Stereo standard.

I pretty sure Benz will up the price on the next E63 because it knows that suckers will ante up when they lay fat pipe in them.

To hear Cadillac talk about carbon-ceramic brakes, you'd think the nonmetallic rotors took the engineers' sisters out to a nice seafood dinner and never called them again. (As the company's line goes, there won't be an optional track package because "the CTS-V IS the track package.") Instead, the V makes do with tried-and-true iron brake rotors clasped by six-piston front and four-piston rear Brembo calipers.

Car and Driver

I absolutely love this car. Lickable cars like this don't come often; but when they do; they are mighty fine.

• Upvote 2

I just built one with the luxury and carbon fiber package, sunroof and a few other options, and the price was $99,030.

Yikes.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

The E63 is AWD though.. there is SOME of the 9k.. well in trucks that's usually a 4-5k option.

I absolutely love this car. Lickable cars like this don't come often; but when they do; they are mighty fine.

Yes.

I just built one with the luxury and carbon fiber package, sunroof and a few other options, and the price was $99,030.

Yikes.

Don't get the sunroof. lol Sorry I just hate sunroofs.. I see them as one of the largest wastes in automotive history. More things to go wrong, leaks, and added weight to the worst place possible.

Configed mine.. Loving this new color... $92K. Will go over $100K easy with some of the options. The Carbon Fiber and Lux package aren't my thing.. with the Lux package seeming to focus on the back seat riders.. Eff Em.. I wanted Recaros   29qnuaw.jpg

15pqsxy.jpg

F me, that looks fantastic. All it needs is some tinted windows.. and that's it. There aren't too many vehicles that I can say all they need is tinted windows but this is one. Black wheels, super metalic-y black paint..done.

Price is up there, but it is competitive on the poor man's side so that's fine.

I pretty sure Benz will up the price on the next E63 because it knows that suckers will ante up when they lay fat pipe in them.

To hear Cadillac talk about carbon-ceramic brakes, you'd think the nonmetallic rotors took the engineers' sisters out to a nice seafood dinner and never called them again. (As the company's line goes, there won't be an optional track package because "the CTS-V IS the track package.") Instead, the V makes do with tried-and-true iron brake rotors clasped by six-piston front and four-piston rear Brembo calipers.

Car and Driver

LOL I thought you were quoting yourself..

Yikes.

Are you implying that's overpriced?

This thing is basically a 4-door Corvette Z06 (same engine, same 8-speed automatic, same electronic LSD, same magnetic ride, etc). When you add the CF package, it's damn near Z07-level track prepped. World class performance doesn't come cheap. Can't afford it? There's an ATS-V or CTS Vsport for $60-70k. Can't afford that either? Then you need to choose between luxury OR performance, because you can't have both.

Yikes.

This thing is basically a 4-door Corvette Z06 (same engine, same 8-speed automatic, same electronic LSD, same magnetic ride, etc). When you add the CF package, it's damn near Z07-level track prepped. World class performance doesn't come cheap. Can't afford it? There's an ATS-V or CTS Vsport for $60-70k. Can't afford that either? Then you need to choose between luxury OR performance, because you can't have both.

Could not have said it better myself. The price seems steep until you realize what it is and what it has while undercutting the competition by a substantial amount. 

Edited by surreal1272

Yikes.

Could not have said it better myself. The price seems steep until you realize what it is and what it has while undercutting the competition by a substantial amount. 

U folks don;t realize that what Wings wants is for us to enthusiasts to forgo the VSeries.. and go straight to the Fusion.. er.. MKZ

Don't get the sunroof. lol Sorry I just hate sunroofs.. I see them as one of the largest wastes in automotive history. More things to go wrong, leaks, and added weight to the worst place possible.

Yeah... Umm.. Caddy.. I'll take my VSeries in the Ultraview Sunroof option.. 

Edited by Cmicasa the Great

Excellence of execution ain't cheap. There are other brands for those who desire Costco luxury. Cadillac is going big with this car. Good for them.

ummm, all these supposed devious accusations and implications is lame.

Can't a person just be genuinely shocked at the $100K price of a CTS.  Regardless of engine.

• Downvote 1

Can't a person just be genuinely shocked at the $100K price of a CTS.  Regardless of engine.

Not if they kno what the M5 and E63AMG cost. Then again.. they might be shocked in seeing that they are getting what seems to be a superior  super-sport-luxury for a much better price than they would be getting those aforementioned rides.

Thanks I was just going to ask you can always go buy the Lincoln competitor of this car? That is if they ever build one.

My bosses new Z06 was priced about the same here so the claim is  true on pricing. The only real difference is one had two more doors and the other has ceramic brakes.

In this day and age where the average 4 cylinder sedan is over $35K this is still a good price for the segment. If you want cheaper there are the standard CTS and CTS V sports that are available. The V sport is a bargain of the segment.

An ignorant person could say that, sure, but YOU said it because you're Wings and you can't say anything about GM without a passive aggressive comment or thinly veiled criticism. It's why you don't get banned, yet still have -40 reputation points accrued in a month.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

When you seem to be pretty ignorant as to why it costs that kind of cash, yes.

• Downvote 2

An ignorant person could say that, sure, but YOU said it because you're Wings and you can't say anything about GM without a passive aggressive comment or thinly veiled criticism. It's why you don't get banned, yet still have -40 reputation points accrued in a month.

really?

REALLY????

All I did was make a simple shocked statement on price.

All the rest is dust and nonsense for which you have contributed twice now.

As for my negative points, a mod confirmed that nearly all of them are from one person who adores me so much that he makes sure you subtracts in every one of my posts, regardless.

I will try to move on with my life though.

Edited by Wings4Life
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Was that person the one who called you a disease elsewhere, or one of the three guys who've called you out here, or the guy who...

We all have ways of pointing out the obvious, is what I'm saying. You singling out one source of it just makes it funnier.

Now, onward: this Cadillac, being the best sport/luxury sedan in the world, has a price commensurate with its abilities. This is shocking how, exactly? :P

Edited by El Kabong

really?

REALLY????

As for my negative points, a mod confirmed that nearly all of them are from one person who adores me so much that he makes sure you subtracts in every one of my posts, regardless.

Cue the victim commentary. We've heard it before, over and over again. You're so surprised when people get tired of your 1-dimensional contributions. If you want to "move on with your life" why did you follow us to C&G? The internet is VAST, and you show up within a week of us migrating from MT.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

really?

REALLY????

Cue the victim commentary. We've heard it before, over and over again. You're so surprised when people get tired of your 1-dimensional contributions. If you want to "move on with your life" why did you follow us to C&G? The internet is VAST, and you show up within a week of us migrating from MT.

Ahhh, the victim card is thrown, even though I started nothing.

Anyway, back to product and price.

I was surprised, and a title wave ensued, complete with accusations of ignorance.

Did I miss anything in between?

Nope

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Sunroofs aren't that bad. I didn't have one in my Camaro because it ruined the double-bubble roofline. But I've had them in both my trucks and my old HHR and they were dead-nuts reliable.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.