Hello!

I'm Texas8709, Tex, Blackstallion, whatever you want to call me. I had an account at MT for while, cancelled that to focus on school (just transferred to a new university), and now that I'm ready to do some foruming again I've heard everyone is coming here. 

A little about me: I currently split my time between Austin and San Antonio working for a design and automation company. I graduated from the University of Texas, with a degree in Mechanical engineering. 

My current vehicle is a 2013 f150 FX4, with the 5.0.  As far as modifications, it has 2" leveling spacers, 305/55 Nitto Terra Grapler tires (33" tall) on the factory 20" wheels (I'd like throw on some Raptor wheels with 35" BFGs, maybe next time), AFE cold air and tune from 5 star performance, flowmaster dual exhaust (factory resonator retained) and then a Badlanz electronic cutout before the resonator and muffler (it sounds damn good!). As for the interior, I've just replaced the door speakers with kicker ones using a line-ouput converter and amp to run them.

I'd love to get a sporty car again, and plan to once my truck is paid off (2.5 years to go!). What that car is depends completely on what's going on between the Mustang and Camaro. A gently used gt350 would be ideal, but realistically the normal Stang should be getting a small refresh by then. So it'll be between that or a Camaro, most likely.

That's about it for me, glad to be back on a forum!

Hi Texas8709!

Hey, bud.

How have you been?

zz%2Btop%2Beliminator.jpg

Why a pic of ZZ Top's Eliminator?

Because Texas! And because we both have a love affair with music...we could share music again!!!

Welcome back to posting!

And what else do I love about Texas?

300x300.jpg

We could share stories about dem Cowboys again!

Big changes I heard have started already...

And the time you shared your story about your neighbor's

442_olds_cutlass_fender_emblem.jpg

We could share good talks about cars again!!!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Today's Birthdays

1. gmfannyc
      gmfannyc
  • Similar Content

• By William Maley
      If the Volkswagen diesel emission scandal hasn't swayed you from wanting one, then you'll be happy to hear Volkswagen will once again be able to sell brand-new 2015 model year TDI models. Green Car Reports says near 11,000 TDI models will soon be back up for sale once they are updated with new software, making them legal.
      Volkswagen does caution those interested in picking up a new TDI to call their nearest dealership to see if they have any in stock.
      But that's not all. Volkswagen is offering some massive discounts on these models. CarsDirect reports that Volkswagen is offering 0% APR for up to 72 months and $5,000 cash bonus if you decide to buy. Interested in leasing one? Volkswagen will offer a cash bonus of $8,500. 
      There are a couple of caveats to this offer. First, you need to have an excellent credit history to qualify for either offer. Second is that Volkswagen isn't advertising this offer.
      "We will not be advertising the available incentives from our financing arm as they [sic] vehicle availability will vary per dealership," said Volkswagen spokeswoman Jeannine Ginivan.
      Source: Green Car Reports, CarsDirect

View full article
    • By William Maley
      If the Volkswagen diesel emission scandal hasn't swayed you from wanting one, then you'll be happy to hear Volkswagen will once again be able to sell brand-new 2015 model year TDI models. Green Car Reports says near 11,000 TDI models will soon be back up for sale once they are updated with new software, making them legal.
      Volkswagen does caution those interested in picking up a new TDI to call their nearest dealership to see if they have any in stock.
      But that's not all. Volkswagen is offering some massive discounts on these models. CarsDirect reports that Volkswagen is offering 0% APR for up to 72 months and $5,000 cash bonus if you decide to buy. Interested in leasing one? Volkswagen will offer a cash bonus of $8,500. 
      There are a couple of caveats to this offer. First, you need to have an excellent credit history to qualify for either offer. Second is that Volkswagen isn't advertising this offer.
      "We will not be advertising the available incentives from our financing arm as they [sic] vehicle availability will vary per dealership," said Volkswagen spokeswoman Jeannine Ginivan.
      Source: Green Car Reports, CarsDirect
    • By William Maley
      Porsche has been tasked with developing a new V8 engine for the Volkswagen group and the first fruits of the program have been announced at the Vienna Motor Symposium this week.

Car and Driver reports Porsche unveiled a new twin-turbo V8 engine that will be used in the next-generation Panamera and Cayenne. Loosely based on Audi's new turbocharged 3.0L V6, the V8 engine produces 550 horsepower and 568 pound-feet of torque. Compared to the current 4.8L V8, the new V8 can consume 30 percent less fuel thanks to a cylinder-deactivation system. Porsche says the V8 engine has been designed to accept stop-start systems and hybrid systems.

The V8 is expected to be used in vehicles underpinned by either Audi's MLB (front-wheel drive) or Porsche's MSB (rear-wheel drive) platforms.

Source: Car and Driver, Vienna Motor Symposium

Click here to view the article
    • By William Maley
      Porsche has been tasked with developing a new V8 engine for the Volkswagen group and the first fruits of the program have been announced at the Vienna Motor Symposium this week.

Car and Driver reports Porsche unveiled a new twin-turbo V8 engine that will be used in the next-generation Panamera and Cayenne. Loosely based on Audi's new turbocharged 3.0L V6, the V8 engine produces 550 horsepower and 568 pound-feet of torque. Compared to the current 4.8L V8, the new V8 can consume 30 percent less fuel thanks to a cylinder-deactivation system. Porsche says the V8 engine has been designed to accept stop-start systems and hybrid systems.

The V8 is expected to be used in vehicles underpinned by either Audi's MLB (front-wheel drive) or Porsche's MSB (rear-wheel drive) platforms.

Source: Car and Driver, Vienna Motor Symposium
    • By dfelt
      G. David Felt
      Staff Writer Alternative Energy - www.CheersandGears.com

2016 Toyota Tacoma, Butt Ugly or just my take on their design style?

MSN reposted a story from The Street about the all new 2016 Toyota Tacoma.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/new-toyota-tacoma-aims-to-regain-us-market-share/ar-BBlBQ9s?ocid=ansfinap11

I can see that they are going for a very butch look on their trucks / SUV's / CUV's but I am not a fan of this body style, the nose is clearly taken from the (Personal Opinion) BUTT UGLY 4Runner. 

With that said, I will say that the military looking side of the truck is nice and I am sure current Tacoma owners will love to upgrade to this.

I wonder as the story says, can Toyota recover their lost market share since our modern Great Depression that hit the US and will this steal sales from the GM twins? Will they add a Diesel to the power train lineup like GM is doing? This should be an interesting battle to watch between Toyota and GM. Hopefully Drew or Mudd will get one ASAP to test drive.

What is your thought on this?
  • My Clubs

• Who's Online (See full list)

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook