Beautiful Cars Appreciation Thread

oldshurst442

Im into Lexus LFAs too ever since the C8 Z06 was revealed. I revisited the sound of that V10, revisited the engineering aspects of it and decided that I miss this car.  This one is a case of dont know what you got 'til its gone.   I always liked it, but never loved it. Now I love it.

It does lack some sensual lines.  It kinda looks generic to be honest. But at least the Toyoter designers didnt put unnecessary curves on it just to have curves.  It is styled with a purpose and it looks the part of meaning business without any unnecessary boyracer cues on it.  It might not have been the fastest when it came out, and I think this is the reason why it failed in the market place, but many people, including myself, missed the point entirely about this car. Being the fastest was not the reason for this car. The engineering behind it was.  The C8 Z06 made me cement that thought about this car.  Anyway....less blah blah and more pics please!

2012 Lexus LFA

$645K Will Buy You The Only Pearl Brown Lexus LFA In The World

We Ride in the Lexus LFA! 5 Things We Learned from the V-10 Supercar

lexus-lfa-black-2 –

Yellow LFA | Lexus lfa, Lexus, Lexus cars

• Agree 1

I like the LFA....I also really like the LC-F...more down to earth...like an SL but with reliability.  The Lexus predator grille works on this car, IMO...it's something I think I would very much enjoy for a fall drive along the coast and to the beach, with a few windy back roads.

2022-Lexus-LC-500-Convertible-Redesign.jpg

lexus-lc_100741948_m.jpg

2020_Lexus_LC_Inspriation_Series_f34_NR-1500x900.jpg

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Like 1

And then Jay Leno's Garage has invited the new Mach 1 on his youtube channel and my Camaro love dissipates again (slightly, because I did do a 180 degree turn on the Camaro and I have started to adore it) to love the Mustang more than the Camaro.   Its just a fresher design even though this generation Mustang is also getting old.  The error that Chevy done was to keep the same design language of the Zeta Camaro for the Alpha Camaro.   With that being said, Im kinda hypocritical as I prefer the Challenger over both and the Challenger has an even OLDER design language than either...   

It is what it is!!!

In 1969, Ford Mustang Mach 1 "Hitman" by Classic Recreations had 1,000  horsepower - Technology Shout

1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Twister Special | Motor1.com Photos

Ford Mustang Mach 1 buyers in Australia get $4,000 discount after brochure  error

• Like 1

I find many appealing aspects of all 3 (Mustang, Challenger, Camaro) along with the Charger.  Among the last of the front engine V8 RWD American cars, in a market that has left cars behind and moved to generic CUVs, SUVs and trucks…the last of their kind.  It will be a sad day when they are gone…I want one sooner or later…

• Like 1

I never had an issue with the Zeta Camaro.  I loved all three (almost) equally.  I started thinking  the Camaro was too big and heavy towards the end of the Zeta generation.  And by that time, I wanted the Camaro to start a new design language. 

When the Alpha Camaro came out, I was disappointed with its looks as Chevy didnt make it look significantly different from the Zeta. 

There are several things that bother(ed) me about the Camaro.

1. For far too long, it has looked the same. It doesnt have that Challenger mystique about it (Hellcat/Demon) to get away from the stale, long in the tooth styling.

2.  The Zeta Camaro was big and heavy. 1st gen Camaros (1969) were small and nimble.  The year the Zeta and Alpha Camaros are supposedly inspired from.   The Alpha Camaro makes a perfect retro for the 1969.  The Zeta, not so much.    So that bothered me towards the end of the Zeta run.  The Challenger historically was always a tad bigger than the Camaro and Mustang. Just a tad smaller than mid-size. This is why I like the Challenger over the Zeta Camaro.  Chrysler nailed it.  As has Ford...

3. I should have loved the Alpha Camaro sooner as that is the perfect size for a 1969 retro Camaro. But repeating myself, Chevy needed to change up the styling.  Ford did.  The 2005 doesnt look at all like this gen, and both generations have the 1st generation as inspiration and look like the 1st gen Mustang yet both latest generations of Mustangs look nothing alike.  

4. The Challenger punched through with a 707 HP beast of an engine and a very cool name. Hellcat.  They doubledowned with an 800 plus HP version with an even cooler name. Demon to start a war not only in the pony car market, but with the entire automotive world touching not only expensive exotics, but with the elctric car revolution...   

5. Chevy was but a follower...

6. But, like you said @Robert Hall

1 hour ago, Robert Hall said:

Among the last of the front engine V8 RWD American cars, in a market that has left cars behind and moved to generic CUVs, SUVs and trucks…the last of their kind.  It will be a sad day when they are gone

The Alpha Camaro is a stunningly good looking vehicle. A GREAT performance sports car.  Rivaling and BEATING German sports cars no matter what the price range is of those German sports cars.   

I took my hater glasses off as I too, realized that the Camaro's days are numbered.  If the nameplate will live on, it will be an electric vehicle, and a CUV at that kinda like the Mache E.   At least Ford will continue on with the Mustang as an EV coupe...   I dont think Chevy will do the same....

And yes, me too, would want one sooner than later.  As of now, sure I prefer the Challenger, but Id take any of of them. With a  V8 of course.  

• Agree 1

On 11/11/2021 at 12:37 AM, oldshurst442 said:

HD chevrolet pontiac gto wallpapers | Peakpx

That is entirely hot. 

On 11/12/2021 at 9:10 AM, balthazar said:

Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 12.05.35 AM.png

Pontiacs of the era always looked so fantastic in White. 

More 70's love, bonus Pontiac content behind. 

May be an image of 2 people and outdoors

Fastback!

May be an image of 8 people, car and road

Petty

May be an image of 1 person and car

More vintage pic love...

May be a black-and-white image of 2 people and people standing

Some good looking FOMOCO product at Riverside

May be a black-and-white image of road

Iroc...

May be an image of car

This is badass...

May be an image of car and outdoors

• Agree 1

^^^

What car is that?  Im guessing 1971 Pontiac GP.  But the beak looks like it comes from a '69 or '70.

What kind of restomod stuff was done to it if you know?   Im assuming modern stuff was done to it just because fo the headlights. 

Are there other pics of it?

I really really like it! 

Edited by oldshurst442

On 11/21/2021 at 10:07 AM, balthazar said:

Such nice linework / surface transitions ~ 

Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 9.13.15 PM.png

Sorry but gotta disagree with ya, this is a meh car to me and forgettable. Did not like this style at all.

• Haha 1

Ferrari's latest V12

ferrari-daytona-sp3-celebre-magazine-world-5-800x525.jpg

Which is basically this one

Ferrari Doesn't Have A Problem With The 2035 Combustion Engine Ban Proposal

but is in the company's latest mid-engine supercar.

Ferrari Daytona SP3, nata la ny Icona with V12 with 840 CV

New Ferrari Daytona SP3 revealed: behold Maranello's V12 tour de force |  CAR Magazine

See and Hear the New Ferrari Daytona SP3 at the Track, Alongside the Iconic  330 P4 - autoevolution

I dont find it stunning anymore.  My love affair lasted a whole 24 hours. When I first saw it on the interwebs yesterday,  I was awed.   I had time to take it all in but now I realize, it just a blob.  I like the bulbous fenders, but that is all I like. 

That V12 though   

Red Hearts GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1