Would You Rather: New NSX vs 458 Edition

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which Would You Buy With 220K?

• New NSX
    • Used 458

So since the last thread went well, this was another series I used to do over at MT. Speaking of which, they made this an easy one with their main piece over there being a kinda-comparison of the new Acura supercar to the much-loved 458 Italia.

For those interested- http://www.motortrend.com/news/new-acura-nsx-or-used-ferrari-458/

So the premise is simple, if you have ~220K burning a whole in your pocket, which do you buy, the new NSX or a used 458 Italia?

If you want to throw in an alternate answer in ADDITION to your pick, feel free to do so, but at least answer the topic question. Thanks.

Edited by Frisky Dingo

For me, 458 all the way. More alluring, more direct and pure, better looking, and more prestige. Easy choice for me.

That said, if I upwards of 200 grand to drop on a supercar-lite, I'm buying a 6MT Gallardo 550-2, which can be had for well under 200 these days. I've always loved the design, I love the analog nature of it, and the rarity is just the cake on top.

lol I saw your post over at MT and thought the same thing..bring'r here!

The 458 is just a gorgeous car that makes wonderful sounds. It was instantly one of the prettiest cars I've ever seen and I think its looks will always be there for me. The NSX looks a little too computer generated and less sculpted. 

Love the baseball pic CCAP!

Busch Stadium is nice...

OK...on to the question at hand.

Klassen-iD-Ferrari-458-Italia-2015-Front

THAT is what Id rather own...a used Ferrari 458.

Viva Italia!

But when this eventually happens:

74120081_Ferrari_49509c.jpg

Ill take the insurance money and get me one of these:

ford-gt40-2015-wallpaper-xptp4pob.jpg

with an engine transplant

002voodoo-1.jpg

To have my very own flat plane crank V8 sound...but made in America, not Italia...because those that come from Italia seem to burn to the ground...

Love the baseball pic CCAP!

Busch Stadium is nice...

OK...on to the question at hand.

Klassen-iD-Ferrari-458-Italia-2015-Front

THAT is what Id rather own...a used Ferrari 458.

Viva Italia!

But when this eventually happens:

74120081_Ferrari_49509c.jpg

Ill take the insurance money and get me one of these:

ford-gt40-2015-wallpaper-xptp4pob.jpg

with an engine transplant

002voodoo-1.jpg

To have my very own flat plane crank V8 sound...but made in America, not Italia...because those that come from Italia seem to burn to the ground...

Thanks, Olds! I got the idea from your...AT&T park..pic. lol 

Just a little bit of baseball heaven! 

While I would never want my 458 to burn to the ground..if I could replace it with a NEW GT and surgically plant a 5.2 in there I would take that in a heartbeat. Yes, it may ruin the dynamics of the car or something like that.. but I'll never take it to a track and I'd rather be able to just start it up in my garage and rev the piss out of it and hear the 5.2 over any V6 ever. 

I think, personally, I'd leave the 5.4 in that gen ( ^ ) GT. Still sounds great. 

Funny how that works...

I was loud about hating an ecoboost V6 in the new GT...but I have since calmed down...and Im quite docile about it.

I would still want a Flat Plane Crank in there, but the thing is, I would rather own the 2005 generation...and while the 5.4 liter V8 may still sound great, I feel that a Ford GT NEEDS a Flat Plane Crank V8, and my choice would be the 2005 generation....restomodded to 2016 levels of goodness. Yeah...it has only been a decade, not really needed to be restomodded, but hey...it is a dream garage type thread, isnt it?

I can tell these aren't going to work over here. Oh well, I tried.

Why do you think that, I love these concepts and thinking of what you would do or not do differently.

Do NOT give up. I think you have some great threads.

I can tell these aren't going to work over here. Oh well, I tried.

Why do you think that, I love these concepts and thinking of what you would do or not do differently.

Do NOT give up. I think you have some great threads.

As you already know, I love them! Therefore, I agree with dfelt. 

:thumbsup:

I'd take a 90s Ferrari 355 over an NSX.  The NSX is lame, always was lame.  I'll pass on a $200,000 car with a turbocharged Accord V6.

Yeah..Id take a F355 also.

f355_challenge_19_3tlg_ma.jpg

But I heard that the repairs on this is truly a nightmare. Extensive and expensive. Not very reliable...

One area where the NSX of those times showed them Eye-Talians how its should be done...

So...the NSX does have a place in history....even if its only the 1st generation NSX.

Edited by oldshurst442

So at the moment, I am the lone person who would take the current NSX. Mostly because I find Ferrari's current lineup a bit ugly.

Now if it was NSX vs. F430... then that would be a more difficult choice.

Also, I would totally roll in a 90's NSX instead of a Ferrari of the same era.

So at the moment, I am the lone person who would take the current NSX. Mostly because I find Ferrari's current lineup a bit ugly.

I HATE the 430/F430 Scuderia and the 360 Modena...so for me...if the question was for those...Id EASILY choose the new NSX.

Edited by oldshurst442

I HATE the 430/F430 Scuderia and the 360 Modena...so for me...if the question was for those...Id EASILY choose the new NSX.

Sorry Bill, Have to agree with Olds here both are rather ugly to me, so if I had to choose them or the new NSX, I would take the NSX but not before I tried to work it to get the cash so I could buy what I really like.

Sorry Bill, Have to agree with Olds here both are rather ugly to me, so if I had to choose them or the new NSX, I would take the NSX but not before I tried to work it to get the cash so I could buy what I really like.

Eh, it's ok. I find it more fun to be the contrarian in a number of things.