loan payment amount

balthazar

Just curious.
If you recall, post your first monthly car loan payment amount, and your most recent (assuming the two are for different vehicles).

1994 : $231/month : '94 F-150. Sticker price was $16,016.
current : $141/month : wife's '11 Jeep (bought in Feb).

Edited by balthazar

Currently $359 for a Jetta TDI, but that does not really count as I get what I laid for back when I turn it back into VW for the settlement.  So every payment made is money in the bank, given that it is a zero percent loan. 

Only other cars I had payments on were my Mini which was about $250 a month and the Miata which was $190.  Paid both cars off after a couple of years, do not like car payments.

Balthazar...what happened to the wife's Malibu?  When I suggested a Chrysler product  back in the day I was hoping for a Challenger.

And yes, almost all of my cars have been cash deals, I really dislike banks.

10 hours ago, balthazar said:

She's still driving it, up to 110K. Jeep is a 3rd vehicle.

Nice to have a choice of vehicles in the household....glad the Malibu is working out well!

11 hours ago, loki said:

my mazda's was like 479 for ~25K, 5 years

refied down to ~356 for 5.5 years, but am at pace to pay it off in the original 5 years.

Good, I hate car payments.  Glad that is working out well for you also...!

8 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

My Cutlass Convertible - $220

My CTS - $335

My Avalanche - $465

My Encore - $348

Lot of car for the $ with the Encore, glad that seems to be working out well for you and Albert.

First loan was in 98, 150 a month for a 93 Thunderbird 5.0 LX

Most current:

280 for the bug

260 for the Camry

Ridiculously high interest rate, but have had some issues over the years and hope to refi in a year or 2 for a lower interest rate/payment. 

2004 Mustang GT - Loan was $10,500 - $198/month

2006 Mercedes C350 - Loan was $12,000 - I think it was around $225/month

2003 Mach 1 - I don't remember the loan but I believe I paid around $250/month I only paid 12,500 for the car so I'm not 100% on the rest of the numbers. I just remember my payments have slowly been scaling up for larger loans. It might have only been a 4 year loan for that payment. I know I didn't get a loan for $12,500 either. The loan was probably more like 10k.

2013 Ford Escape - Loan was $15,000 - $278/month 2.89%

44 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

2004 Mustang GT - Loan was $10,500 - $198/month

2006 Mercedes C350 - Loan was $12,000 - I think it was around $225/month

2003 Mach 1 - I don't remember the loan but I believe I paid around $250/month I only paid 12,500 for the car so I'm not 100% on the rest of the numbers. I just remember my payments have slowly been scaling up for larger loans. It might have only been a 4 year loan for that payment. I know I didn't get a loan for $12,500 either. The loan was probably more like 10k.

2013 Ford Escape - Loan was $15,000 - $278/month 2.89%

The 03 Mach is a very nice car, kind of jealous you actually got to own one. Thinking of finding a Mustang of that era used, but my wife is not into Mustangs.

11 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

The 03 Mach is a very nice car, kind of jealous you actually got to own one. Thinking of finding a Mustang of that era used, but my wife is not into Mustangs.

Thanks, I loved it! It just wasn't practical in any way.. I'm glad I owned it while I did and I definitely want another 99-04 Mustang some day down the road. They're definitely not the fastest cars but they're the last of the small-ish Mustang and they're still a pretty raw car. No interior amenities and safety things. Just car and a switch to turn off the traction control.

This was mine. 9C7F8F3A-8FB3-446D-9EE9-5DAF16D64D18_zps

• Agree 2

Gorgeous!  I always wondered what would have happened if Ford had continued the modern design language with the 2005 Mustang.  The 99-04 cars are the most Modern/Contemporary Mustangs, and also have the fantastic modular v8 exhaust note.

They are a hard thing to not fall seriously in love with.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, ccap41 said:

Thanks, I loved it! It just wasn't practical in any way.. I'm glad I owned it while I did and I definitely want another 99-04 Mustang some day down the road. They're definitely not the fastest cars but they're the last of the small-ish Mustang and they're still a pretty raw car. No interior amenities and safety things. Just car and a switch to turn off the traction control.

This was mine. 9C7F8F3A-8FB3-446D-9EE9-5DAF16D64D18_zps

Beautiful!  i still love this gen Mustang.  Would love a Terminator, Mach 1, or Bullitt.