William Maley

Jeep News: Rumorpile: Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk Could Appear At New York

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles' New York showing looks to be all performance. We already know the Dodge Challenger Demon which looks to be even madder than the Hellcat will show up, but there is also the possibility of a high-performance Jeep coming as well.

Motor Authority has learned from a source that Jeep will be showing the Grand Cherokee Trackhawk - the one with the Hellcat V8 - in New York. This follows a report from last year where Jeep CEO Mike Manley said the model would debut sometime in 2017.

The Trackhawk is one of the worst kept secrets in the past few years. Various spy photos and videos have shown Grand Cherokee mules of all sorts running around with key changes to indicate a more powerful engine - larger vents and brakes for example. A number have also reported the distinctive sound of the Hellcat V8. It is still unclear if the Trackhawk will get the full 707 horsepower or be detuned.

Source: Motor Authority

View full article

I would take one for some play time fun! :metal: 

Well, they have Trailhawk for their off-road tuned models, so Trackhawk for the paved road performance models...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Similar Content

• By William Maley
      Since last August, we have been calling Jeep's upcoming Wrangler pickup the Scrambler. But a new report says that the name of the truck will be Gladiator.
      The Jeep Scrambler Forum obtained a screenshot of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles' media site titled “2020 Jeep Gladiator.” Reportedly, this page included mentions of the Sport, Overland, and Rubicon trims. The page has since been deleted. A source told the forum, “I actually went to the media site and saw the page. I saw it on my iPhone browser and on Google Chrome.” 
      A Jeep spokesman declined to comment when asked by Automobile.
      While most people will know the Gladiator name from the 2005 concept shown at the Detroit Auto Show, the Gladiator name was used on Jeep trucks from the 1960's.
      We'll find out if Gladiator, Scrambler, or something else appears on the truck at the LA Auto Show on November 28th.

View full article
    • By William Maley
      Since last August, we have been calling Jeep's upcoming Wrangler pickup the Scrambler. But a new report says that the name of the truck will be Gladiator.
      The Jeep Scrambler Forum obtained a screenshot of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles' media site titled “2020 Jeep Gladiator.” Reportedly, this page included mentions of the Sport, Overland, and Rubicon trims. The page has since been deleted. A source told the forum, “I actually went to the media site and saw the page. I saw it on my iPhone browser and on Google Chrome.” 
      A Jeep spokesman declined to comment when asked by Automobile.
      While most people will know the Gladiator name from the 2005 concept shown at the Detroit Auto Show, the Gladiator name was used on Jeep trucks from the 1960's.
      We'll find out if Gladiator, Scrambler, or something else appears on the truck at the LA Auto Show on November 28th.
  • My Clubs