A "Would You Rather" Thread

Its been a while seen Ive done this. I thought Id stop being part of the problem and start being part of the solution

So....after watching a few movies and seeing awesome cars and witnessing a few gems on the road as well....maybe its time to do this again.

I saw Beverly Hills Cop II a while back and 2 of my all time faves are front and center in this movie.

So....what would you pick?

Axel Foley's deep undercover car in Detroit?

1986 Ferrari 308 GTS

pdvd_155.8.jpg

i002094.jpg

Or Axel''s deep, deep.....DEEP undercover car in Beverly Hills?

1968 Olds Cutlass S convertible

i006532.jpg

pdvd_311.2.jpg

Just now, Intrepidation said:

Money and maintenance costs no object, the 1986 Ferrari 308 GTS all day every day. To be able to realistically afford to live with? Cutlass.

Yeah, maintaining the Ferrari alone is enough to make me go for the Cutlass. At least I can get Cutlass parts as AutoZone.

I would LOVE to own both actually.

That Ferrari just screams exotic Italian awesomeness even by today's standards when today's Toyota Camry's spank it in almost every performance metric!

But yeah, one needs deep pockets to maintain it. Deeper than buying a new Ferrari even!

Edited by oldshurst442

I love the 80s Ferraris...such as the 308 GTB/GTS, Testarossa, F40, and esp. the GTO....never really liked Ferraris after that era.  I'd love to own one, though I know they are money pits.   The Cutlass is nice, though for a convertible I think I prefer the '70-72 style.   For a vintage Olds, I'd love to have a '66-67 Toronado..what a design. 

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

The Italian. Not an overly big fan of Ferrari, but that is one pretty car.

Actually fairly affordable to operate also, as far as Ferrari's go.

4 minutes ago, frogger said:

Our next door neighbour had a 308 and an XJS in the mid 80's when my parents were rocking an Iron Duke "powered" Gutless Ciera..  So the sentimental side of me has to pick the 308.

Nothing wrong with that either....

1 hour ago, frogger said:

Our next door neighbour had a 308 and an XJS in the mid 80's when my parents were rocking an Iron Duke "powered" Gutless Ciera..  So the sentimental side of me has to pick the 308.

My dad rocked an Iron Duke Celebrity of 1986 vintage.

AM radio...only 2 speakers that were on the dash and a bench seat up front...with column shift!

At least it was a REAL bench seat and I really miss column shifts!

That Iron Duke might have been gutless, but I buried the needle plenty of times..the speedo went only up to 140 KM/H but I did bury it....so maybe we could add another 20 KM/H to that 140???!!!

Not too bad Id say!

Edited by oldshurst442

2 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

There is a local vintage/collector car dealer that just got in a 328 GTS. Such great looking cars. I prefer them to the Testarossa that followed.

Would absolutely love to see that in person.