Hyundai News:Hyundai's N Division Plans A Fast Crossover, Genesis Models Off the Table

Even though Hyundai's N performance division hasn't launched their first vehicle yet, the i30 N (what we will know as the Elantra GT), they are already planning future models.

Speaking with Australia's Drive, the Head of N Albert Biermann revealed there are plans for to build N variants of the next-generation Veloster, B-Segment car, and even a crossover.

We started with the [i30] C segment and the Fastback [coupe] will follow and we are already working on some other concepts for the B segment [Accent] and SUV also. Right now we are open," said Biermann.

"The fun-to-drive element is not limited to the size and segment of the car; you can create fun cars in every segment."

The SUV in question is the Tucson which makes kind of sense as it is the smallest one in Hyundai's lineup. Biermann also hinted that the upcoming Kona subcompact crossover could get an N version.

What will not happen is any N version of Genesis models according to Biermann. This is a surprising reversal from last year as Biermann said that Genesis vehicles were in the plans for N in the next five years. No reason was given as to why.

Source: Drive.com.au

View full article

I see no reason they should not do this, performance is always wanted. I do disagree that they will not do this to the Genesis line. Stupid.

Yes, what is N?  BMW had M, so N is one better?  Just a stupid name.  At least AMG stands for something.   I just find it hard to believe they can do much in performance with any Hyundai, beyond the turbo 4's they already have that make 270ish hp, because you can't put much more in front driver.  

As for Genesis brand, they an turbo that 5.0 V8 but I don't think they are going to steal sales from the Germans, they are probably better off selling technology and features at a lower price than taking on AMG and M power cars.

V for Victory! That is how I suspect Cadillac see's the V but would be nice to have some heritage behind some of this crazy stupid single, double, or triple letter designation.

25 minutes ago, dfelt said:

V for Victory! That is how I suspect Cadillac see's the V but would be nice to have some heritage behind some of this crazy stupid single, double, or triple letter designation.

V goes back to the V used as part of the Cadillac logo on and off for many years

198c6972d661e666a5d56592762221ae.jpg

1957-White-Biarritz-Article-11.jpg

2e01390bafceaec5c0634c6d00735936.jpg

1930-cadillac-v16-emblem.jpg

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

V goes back to the V used as part of the Cadillac logo on and off for many years

198c6972d661e666a5d56592762221ae.jpg

1957-White-Biarritz-Article-11.jpg

2e01390bafceaec5c0634c6d00735936.jpg

1930-cadillac-v16-emblem.jpg

Very cool that Cadillac has used it on and off, but since it is on their best performing auto that beats the germans, one does have to wonder if they are thinking Victory!

Just now, dfelt said:

Very cool that Cadillac has used it on and off, but since it is on their best performing auto that beats the germans, one does have to wonder if they are thinking Victory!

You pointed out the heritage angle. I was just pointing that out and where the V in V-series originally came from. 

9 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

You pointed out the heritage angle. I was just pointing that out and where the V in V-series originally came from. 

Got it, good point, we do seem to forget the original start of using a specific moniker. Thank you