Buick News: Spying: That's A Buick (Regal GS)

We know a fair amount about the upcoming Buick Regal GS such as what it might look like and a possible powertrain. Thanks a spy photographer, we have got our first look at what is in store for the U.S.

The most apparent item that the photos reveal is that the U.S. version of the Regal GS will mostly mimic the one China. Both models feature the aggressive front end with narrow headlights, revised waterfall grille, and large vents in the bumper. The U.S.-spec GS differs from the Chinese one as it will only come in the sportback variant - China gets the sedan. Another key difference is the wheels. Whereas the Chinese-market looks to be sporting some five-spoke wheels with a dark finish, the U.S. model gets one with split spokes.

There are still a couple of details up in the air. First is how much power the 3.6L V6 will produce. Some outlets believe it will boast 335 horsepower like in the Camaro, though our hunch is around 306 since the Holden Commodore will be using the same engine. Second is when Buick will reveal it. We think it might be later this year as a 2018 or 2019 model.

Source: Autoblog, Left Lane News

View full article

If they want to be mentioned in the same breath as the Fusion Sport, it better be maximum output and crack into the 13s. Another mid 14 second GS is not going to cut it. A 9-speed Malibu 2.0T recently ran a 14.3 for Motor Trend, and people just shrug at that car. This needs to be faster in a meaningful way and deliver a balanced luxury package.

Personally, I think it's a mistake for GM not to offer the 3.0T as Buick's top engine for the Regal GS, an AWD Lacrosse Grand National flagship car, or an Enclave Super/GS/Avenir trim.

While I too want a 3.0T, I don't think it will matter that much.  The Fusion Sport is fast, but it's not a great handler (for the price). The current GS handles very well but doesn't have the engine to match it. Even just the 3.6 would probably be sufficient in reality.

I don't think the 3.0T will be used though, but if they do offer it, watch for it to show up in the XTS and XT5.

4 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

While I too want a 3.0T, I don't think it will matter that much.  The Fusion Sport is fast, but it's not a great handler (for the price). The current GS handles very well but doesn't have the engine to match it. Even just the 3.6 would probably be sufficient in reality.

I don't think the 3.0T will be used though, but if they do offer it, watch for it to show up in the XTS and XT5.

The 3.0T can't come soon enough for the XT5 as well! Should have been ready from the get go, whether as a simple engine package or a V-Sport brand, it seems like a no brainer to push ATP higher and steal sales from higher-end established luxury crossovers.

1 minute ago, cp-the-nerd said:

The 3.0T can't come soon enough for the XT5 as well! Should have been ready from the get go, whether as a simple engine package or a V-Sport brand, it seems like a no brainer to push ATP higher and steal sales from higher-end established luxury crossovers.

Agreed.  Should be an option for the Enclave Avenier also.... (god that name is so clunky)

On 6/5/2017 at 3:18 PM, A Horse With No Name said:

Yes, please....Buick so has it going on from a styling and interior standpoint...

Me thinks this may be the car where the hatchback catches with the public

https://www.km77.com/fotos/Opel/Insignia_2017/Turismo-Interior.html?division=carroceria&carType=1&photoType=2&limit=99

5.jpg

5.jpg

5.jpg

5.jpg

5.jpg

5.jpg