Nissan News: Nissan Finally Confirms A New Frontier is Coming

William Maley

The current Nissan Frontier has been with us for over a decade and not much has changed with it. It has put Nissan well behind the pack of newer models from GM, Honda, and Toyota. Back in April, Nissan's North America vice president Christian Meunier the Frontier has future, hinting to us that a new model is on the horizon.

Car and Driver reports that Nissan has officially announced that a new Frontier is coming and will be built at the company's Canton, Mississippi plant - currently home to the current model. Nissan also said that the arrival of the new Frontier is more than a year away.

Not much more information was given on the next Frontier. A previous rumor had Nissan using the Navara pickup sold elsewhere in the world. But as we reported back in April, Meunier put a stop to this idea. He explained that the Navara was more of lifestyle vehicle, like a Honda Ridgeline. The next Frontier would be a true truck. Though we're wondering if Nissan's North America office has ever driven the Navara as reviews have it being as capable and riding as well as the Frontier.

Source: Car and Driver

View full article

10 hours ago, dfelt said:

I thought you were, I hear you're taking delivery of your new buggy this week. :P

It doesn't have enough legroom for me.  I have to spread my legs around the horse's hips just to be comfortable.  Like a Bolt.

• Haha 1

I can't recall the last time I saw one..maybe it's because the styling hasn't changed in a long time that they blend in.  I did see a few Titans out and about in Phoenix, knew someone that had one...but they are invisible here in NE Ohio. 

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

19 minutes ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

I can't recall the last time I saw one..maybe it's because the styling hasn't changed in a long time that they blend in.  I did see a few Titans out and about in Phoenix, knew someone that had one...but they are invisible here in NE Ohio. 

Agree, while there are plenty of Nissan dealerships, I rarely see an old frontier let alone a new one. See plenty of CUV / SUVs.

47 minutes ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

It's kinda like seeing a brand new W-Body Impala out there.  You'll never notice it because it looks 10 years old.  They sold 86k of them last year and seem to be on pace to meet or exceed that number this year.  Not too bad for what is essentially a 10 year old vehicle that has two brand new competitors on the market. 

I rarely see any incentives on them either, much to my annoyance, because the current one is actually a decent truck if you accept it for what it is.  They ride well and in the V6 have decent pull.  I've never had one off-road, but I understand they're fairly capable there too. 

53 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

It's kinda like seeing a brand new W-Body Impala out there.  You'll never notice it because it looks 10 years old.  They sold 86k of them last year and seem to be on pace to meet or exceed that number this year.  Not too bad for what is essentially a 10 year old vehicle that has two brand new competitors on the market. 

Kind of like how the Ford Ranger was it's last decade...

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, G34red said:

Would like to see how would they improve the truck parts and accessories and to make it more impressive.

Benchmark the update against the GM twins and as Scout stated keep the price low and they will come.

2 hours ago, dfelt said:

Benchmark the update against the GM twins and as Scout stated keep the price low and they will come.

The GM twins are selling well, but without an interior refresh will start to age quickly.  I'm glad they're keeping the mechanicals up to date with changes each year... but they need to spruce up the interior, pronto. 

• Like 1