Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Audi News: Audi Employees Are Under Investigation Falsifying Documents

William Maley

Audi finds itself in more legal trouble, but not fully related to the diesel emission scandal.

The Wall Street Journal reports that German prosecutors have opened an investigation into three employees of Audi for possible falsifying of documents to get roadworthiness certifications for vehicles heading to South Korea. Karin Jung, a Munich prosecutor told the paper that the three people are suspected of falsifying serial numbers, and manipulating test and mileage readings.

This investigation stems from raid done by Munich authorities of Audi's offices last year. One of the documents they found was an internal report about an investigation into a situation in South Korea. That situation saw an executive in Audi's Korean office be sentenced for 18 months in prison "falsifying documents to achieve certification of the vehicles for export to South Korea." After looking through the report and the investigation in South Korea, Munich prosecutors began a new investigation.

Jung said there could be more suspects as the investigation continues on.

The is the latest in Audi's misfortunes. Earlier this month, Rupert Stadler was terminated as CEO of Audi. He has been in Jail since June over possible evidence tampering. Sales of Audi vehicles in Europe has been falling as well, with a 56 percent drop in September. Overall sales for the year are down 7 percent.

Source: Wall Street Journal (Subscription Required)

View full article

Maybe they should just shut it down and waive the white flag to Mercedes and BMW.  But VW has crazy money and can survive about anything.  

On another note, the new A7 looks a bit like a Jensen Interceptor which is pretty bad ass.  That is a good looking car.

8 hours ago, smk4565 said:

Maybe they should just shut it down and waive the white flag to Mercedes and BMW.  But VW has crazy money and can survive about anything.  

On another note, the new A7 looks a bit like a Jensen Interceptor which is pretty bad ass.  That is a good looking car.

It is a good looking car. And that is the fate for Lincoln...not Audi.

9 hours ago, smk4565 said:

One's an (ugly) RWD-proportioned coupe, the other is a (passable but generic) FWD-proportioned sedan. Not seeing it. And NO ONE will buy one, so it could look like a Lamborghini or a lawn tractor- doesn't matter.

Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 9.00.32 AM.png

Edited by balthazar
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Interceptor ^ reminds me much more of an AMC Pacer than another slice off the Audi sausage.
It's an awkward, ungainly car.

Which is part of its appeal. While I like to both the Audi and the interceptor there are cars from both eras and markets that are much more compelling I think.

19 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Interesting, yet difficult to fathom.

It is cool in the same way that a Harlequin VW is cool. Just kind of odd and funky. Not everything can be a 60s era Pontiac.  Although I would happily live in a world with nothing but 60s era Pontiacs.

Ohhh I agree with your point of view. There are about four levels of automotive class above the Audi and the Interceptor.  They are like a decent high school Freshman football game. Cars like the GTI and WRX STI and the Ford Focus RS are like a good high school varsity game.

Cars like the Miata are like a good D2 or D3 game....

60's Pontiacs and thirties Fords are like Watching Alabama play Georgia.

Duesenbergs true classics and thoroughbred race cars are like Packers vs Steelers.

I've seen a few Interceptors at events in person, I like the looks...and they have a Mopar 440 engine.  I dig the big hatchback, long hood.     

The 2nd gen Audi A7 is pretty sweet, probably would make a nice daily driver lease.  But I see no resemblance other than that both have 4 wheels.