Industry News: Trump's Tariff Threat Turned Out To Be A Farce

2 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

The 737 Max issue was human error in terms of making optional a safety feature that should have been standard. 

I'm sure the B-52s have seen a lot of updates.... but like I mentioned, they're not building new ones. 

One of the things that Trump scrapped was the replacement for the KC Tankers.  It was going to cost some ungodly amount to replace them with a new design when the current ones work perfectly fine and the AF likes them.    Why not build new ones of the same design then?

The Boeing 737 was a Boeing error. This is already been established. Boeing screwed up big time. 

Regarding the B-52, yes they aren’t building anymore. Maybe they should because past attempts to replace with garbage like the B1 Bomber have been failures. The B-52 is a rare case of “if ain’t broke, don’t fix it” (or try to replace it). All that money wasted to replace could have been rerouted towards making more and making than even better. 

• Agree 3

43 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

FINALLY

Stop being a baby unless you want me to start changing words in your posts. This is just dumb. I do want to thank you for proving that you really aren’t capable of having an adult discussion about anything you don’t like. Just level 11 jackassery. 

1 hour ago, surreal1272 said:

The Boeing 737 was a Boeing error. This is already been established. Boeing screwed up big time. 

Regarding the B-52, yes they aren’t building anymore. Maybe they should because past attempts to replace with garbage like the B1 Bomber have been failures. The B-52 is a rare case of “if ain’t broke, don’t fix it” (or try to replace it). All that money wasted to replace could have been rerouted towards making more and making than even better. 

Damn autocorrect. That should read “making THEM even better”. 

Edited by surreal1272
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, ykX said:

I think it is a bit early to recycle the Abrams fleet while our opponents increasing substantially their armored forces.  Abrams proved that it is far from obsolete and we still might (and I think most definitely) will require it in the future.  It is much easier to maintain and upgrade than to build something from scratch, especially if you need something like a tank in a big hurry.

The point being in the links I posted, the Military has clearly stated they have more than enough tanks and no need to update the earlier Abram tanks in the High desert for the nearly half a billion dollars compared to using that money on other things they need like body armor for the soldiers, lite attack vehicles, etc.

This is not scrapping the whole Abrams fleet, just the older ones, aka 2000 first and second generations that would be reworked with new engines, electronics, etc. to get them up to the current version they are building and buying.

Recycle the older ones, spend the money on the newer tools that are used in todays Gorilla warfare. 

• Agree 2

Well I was feeling cute.  I thought it was funny, a nice twist to suit my objective at the time.  The original post is still intact and fully functional.  Surreal, you should be able to hit the "edit" button and fix any typos, I use it sometimes.

12 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

I’m sure it will be, at almost triple the initial cost estimate. 

I know how government projects are done and there are a lot of waste, but to be fair, expanding boundaries of new technology, and making one plane working for all three branches is not an easy task, and expensive at that.

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, ykX said:

I know how government projects are done and there are a lot of waste, but to be fair, expanding boundaries of new technology, and making one plane working for all three branches is not an easy task, and expensive at that.

There are reasons we still lead the world in a lot of areas...it ain't easy.

And if waste is our cri8teria...tons of waste in peoples personal lives and in the private sector as well.

Edited by A Horse With No Name
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

And if waste is our cri8teria...tons of waste in peoples personal lives and in the private sector as well.

People are free to waste as much of their OWN money as they want. But when you waste OTHER’S money, that’s theft in my book.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

This was published a year ago, but so on point as it explains the REAL REASONS Tariffs Threaten Our Economy and what it will do to our $20.85 Trillion in Debt we need to be paying down on.

https://banyanhill.com/announcement-on-tariffs/

Worth the read for those that want to be informed.

• Anouncement on Tariffs
  • The Elephant in the Room
  • Relationship of Opposites
  • Repercussions of Tariffs
  • Trump's Greatest Asset - Our Economy

Outstanding read and clearly a year later you can see where the administration has clearly FAILED America while the Trump Faithful will only see Positive!

• Disagree 1

https://www.politico.com/tag/tariffs

Companies are pleading with Trump to stop the Tariff War as the hits set in with higher prices and much more goods sitting on shelves and warehouses.

Interesting to read how across the pond they see our Tariff war with the world!

https://www.independent.co.uk/topic/trade-tariffs?CMP=ILC-refresh

Interesting the story on the FART ACT by Trump to allow him to Abandon the WTO pack. :palm:

Had a Container ship come in over the weekend and they loaded up stuff, but nothing really was dropped off. This morning, it is amazing how empty the port is now and the trucks lined up to pick up containers is few compared to the backup they usually have. Clearly freight shipments are way down.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, ocnblu said:

Well I was feeling cute.  I thought it was funny, a nice twist to suit my objective at the time.  The original post is still intact and fully functional.  Surreal, you should be able to hit the "edit" button and fix any typos, I use it sometimes.

It was trolling and not even close to the topic of tariffs. 

1 hour ago, ocnblu said:

Got some sensitive Sandys.

• Thanks 1
  • Disagree 3

18 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Got some sensitive Sandys.

No... It was a trolling post about EVs that had nothing to do with the topic on hand. 

8 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

The thread already flew far off course.

If you're going to troll, since you love to troll, since at least 50% of your posts are now just EV trolling, at least troll on topic. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

The thread already flew far off course.

Nope just you and another.

I see your brain has gone south even more while on vacation, not even able to post anything related to tariffs, just down votes. Got it, I hear your Budweiser calling you. 🍺

I really like those two dfelt posts above, with a nice mix of personal attacks on the POTUS, in addition to a slant to suit his running, negative narrative on this administration.  Beautiful photography too.

dfelt... airplanes?  Have you read this thread?