Cadillac News: 2020 Cadillac CT6 Makes Big Price Moves

Yes, I bought a California car because I was living in Arizona.  Arizona dealers get a lot of California vehicles.    I needed it to drive cross country to my house in Ohio.  Wouldn’t have made sense to buy it in Ohio...

1 minute ago, Robert Hall said:

Yes, I bought a California car because I was living in Arizona.  Arizona dealers get a lot of California vehicles.    I needed it to drive cross country to my house in Ohio.  Wouldn’t have made sense to buy it in Ohio...

Geez...I wonder why it wouldnt make sense for you to buy a used car from Ohio?

\

I understand the lure of buying new. I did it once, my father almost always bought new, his father always bought new. There's appeal there; in a full warranty, in the 'untouched' nature, in everything clean, yes; in the new car smell. I've been looking at new trucks on the lot for most of this year, I would like to own one, I can afford one… i just refuse to pay the cost of one.

If you can afford it with no lifestyle penalties and you want to buy new- go right ahead! but you DO 'pay' for that, and significantly. 

Just now, Robert Hall said:

And I didn’t downvote you because you said Quebec cars rust,  but for your $h!ty attitude and the inaccurate assumptions you make.  And your long, rambling incoherent posts.  

Its simple...dont read them...

Yet you do.

No...you downvoted because I touched a nerve.

I bruised your fragile ego about used cars and depreciation.

• Disagree 2

47 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

Geez...I wonder why it wouldnt make sense for you to buy a used car from Ohio?

\

Do you have any comprehension of geography?  It’s over 2000 miles.  I wasn’t going to buy something in Ohio, ship or drive it to Az then drive it back to Ohio..

.I hadn’t sold the house in Az yet, had to move the dogs to Ohio and needed a new vehicle..my old Jeep had 170k and I didn’t trust it for the long drive that was looming in my future....I had had it 17 years, got my money’s worth. (I had bought it new, by the way.)  

No point trying to explain anything to you, you can’t understand.   Different reality context..I had a unique situation...it works for me...

Edited by Robert Hall

1 minute ago, balthazar said:

I understand the lure of buying new. I did it once, my father almost always bought new, his father always bought new. There's appeal there; in a full warranty, in the 'untouched' nature, in everything clean, yes; in the new car smell. I've been looking at new trucks on the lot for most of this year, I would like to own one, I can afford one… i just refuse to pay the cost of one.

If you can afford it with no lifestyle penalties and you want to buy new- go right ahead! but you DO 'pay' for that, and significantly. 

And not once did I say you dont pay for it.

Alls I said is that new car depreciation does NOT affect me as I AMORTIZE a new car purchases PROPERLY...

Everything depreciates...even properties...(this is where @dwightlooi told me his story about some people he knows that have bought big homes because properties usualy appreciate in value but they cant afford said huge home so they sleep on matresses on the floor and eat wet from water noodles...) 

All this rambling because I CHOOSE to buy NEW cars...

Its OK to refuse to buy new...and only to buy used. Its an economic stupidity for NOT taking advantage of this era of used market...

Yet Balthy, you dont seem like the type to try to one-up your neighbour by buying a used Bimmer showing him up and other shallow souls...

@Robert Hall  also doesnt seem like the shallow type to do this.

I dont know @dwightlooi, but his story of his acquaintances about sleeping on the floor on matresses and eating noodles JUST to be in a big house for appreciation purposes actually sounds shallow to me...

And THAT does not impress me...

And yes...in Quebec...or Michigan for that matter, 

Buyer beware when it comes to buying used luxury vehicles... 

Its the rust that'll get ya!  Short lifespans for cars. We could talk about depreciation all we want ...but regular maintenance on high diva Bimmers on such mundane shyte like ABS brake sensors or what not take a toll on the wallet, and these things tend to breakdown more easily in bad weather areas more often than say...California...

Chevy Malibus have those same ABS brake sensors like those fancy shmancy Bimmers...

Except, a new, or used Malibu costs you mainstream Chevy prices to fix 'er  back up.

Bimmers...even 2 Series Bimmers, costs you diva prices...

On a car that will NOT last you a lifetime...unlike if you were living in...CALIFORNIA!!!

13 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Do you have any comprehension of geography?  It’s over 2000 miles.  I wasn’t going to buy something in Ohio, ship or drive it to Az then drive it back to Ohio..

.I hadn’t sold the house in Az yet, had to move the dogs to Ohio and needed a new vehicle..my old Jeep had 170k and I didn’t trust it for the long drive that was looming in my future....I had had it 17 years, got my money’s worth.

No point trying to explain anything to you, you can’t understand.   Different reality context..

I got all night...

Why dont you do like I do...right a paragragh or two...

I wont complain...unlike what you do about my posts...

That makes 2 people in here that have complained about my tooo long of posts...

Is there a secret word count Im not aware of...

Its OK...

I wont be posting in here much longer.

Normally I dont advertise that... 

I dont need the sympathy...or the 

"Good, dont let the door kick you in the ass when you leave" speeches either.

Have a nice life guys...

• Sad 1

LOL... a great American... uh... Canadian... novel worth of posts later it comes down to this.

• Oldhurst442 lives in Canada and is worried about corrosion in used cars.
  • Because of import laws, he doesn't have access to cars from south of the border.

Doesn't change the fact that a certified 3 year old will have ZERO CORROSION and ZERO ACCIDENTS or it could not have been certified. BTW, I am sure canada has no restrictions of Quebec folks buying cars from British Columbia.

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, FAPTurbo said:

i once used a bike pump to induce farts and popped my inner tube 

Must have been a poor quality Nissan inner tube. After all this is a Cadillac thread so you can only talk about inducing farts on quality inner tubes.