Alternative Fuels & Propulsion RANDOM

$1500-1600 for a set of airless tires is not going to gain much traction ( ;) ) with the 'appliance crowd'.

It's not like the olden days of A Christmas Story, where blowouts are all that common, but let's go ahead and invent problems that require new, hyper-expensive solutions. You know- like cabin air filters. 🤣

• Haha 1

I see your point.  Tires dont blow up all that much anymore. Unless you live in an area where potholes, big potholes exist.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/i-got-scared-cavernous-montreal-pothole-takes-two-drivers-hostage-1.5708859

MONTREAL -- Drivers beware: not one but two motorists say a particularly cavernous pothole on Montreal’s south end left them stranded with blown tires on the same day.

“There are so many potholes everywhere. But this one, I felt it,” said LaSalle resident Angelina Solovieva, who says a patch of chewed-up road leading to Highway 20 West put her car out of commission Friday.

She heard a “boom” sound when she drove over it, she said.

“I got scared,” said Solovieva, “that it was going to turn my car over on its side – that was my biggest fear because I had a (eight-year-old) child in the backseat.”   

She says the hole – located on the westbound on-ramp from Highway 138 to Highway 20 – punctured her tire. She didn’t have a spare.

I dont think its a case of inventing solutions where problems dont exist. Clearly there is a subset of the population out there that wishes that flat tires cease to exist.  I havent had a flat tire in ages to be honest. Last time I had a flat tire, I owned the Olds Alero.  Nail in the tire. That incident took place over 20 years ago. I believe it was in 1999...     Would I be a potential buyer?   Probably not.    If I bought a vehicle that had these, I drive with them, sure, but I wouldnt willfully replace my current air filled tires for these. 

Like a lot of things, you have to balance your fear / chances of getting a flat and being stressed over it vs. an (expected) extremely high price tag every time you buy a new set of airless tires.

The mass aggregate of non-repairable punctured tires per year is meaningless to the individual.

olds- have you ever bought the 'road hazard' coverage when buying new tires?

No...I have never bought any kind of warranty let alone a 'road hazard' tire replacement coverage.   

The reason being is how eloquently you put it: 

"you have to balance your fear / chances of getting a flat and being stressed over it vs. an (expected) extremely high price tag every time you buy a new set of airless tires"  

IE:  NOT WORTH THE PRICE OF ADMISSION.   

By saying that, I get it.  The perceived insignificant amounts of times that air-filled tires go flat may seem it unnecessary to re-invent the wheel, literally. 

But...what if these tires are not as expensive as we say they are.  Maybe, an air-less tire is a way forward? 

@riviera74@oldshurst442 @balthazar

I totally understand what you all say, but I can honestly see these being a big hit with much of the appliance auto buyers.

Hell, my own sisters are perfect candidates. I have never known woman who have run flat and shredded so many tires. Our dad who owned a repair shop always told us you as the driver and auto owner have a responsibility to check your auto for safety.

Check the tires to ensure they are all filled properly, a quick visual check to see that none are low on air. End of fall before going into winter check the air pressure, same with the spring check again to ensure you run at the right PSI.

Pay attention to the sounds your auto make, dad always pointed out about noises from brakes, water pump, etc. Yet both my sisters seem to be clueless and ignore what goes on with their auto's. Lucky they do buy the road hazard insurance as they both have used them multiple times.

With my oldest sister who is also a in home nurse that focuses on open sores healthcare, she is on the road 30K miles a year. I am amazed at how many times she has picked up nails, bolts, etc. in her tires. These airless tires are perfect for her to not have to worry about a flat.

On the opposite side, I wonder how you would recycle a tire like this?

Considering how GM has been testing these on the BEVs, I have to assume prices will be in line with the auto.

Airless – Michelin

Michelin, GM Take the Air Out of Tires for Passenger Vehicles

GM Corporate Newsroom - United States - Images - Airless tires testing on the BOLT

Yeah; we don't have a price yet.  Let's start a pool. 🤪

Every time a new 'revolutionary' replacement for a long-running product appears, it ALWAYS costs more, not less. 
If it's only -say- 20-25% more, that might see a significant take-rate. Here tho it seems like more costly materials & construction methodology, so that's upward pressure. But I'm betting heavy that the 'gee-whiz' factor is going to see a price penalty that's over double.

2021 Camry wears a 235/45-18 (26-in overall diameter). At Firestone, that's a $190-200 tire.

A Michelin 26-in tall airless tire for lawn equipment is $640, or over triple the air tire. Now upgrade that to hold the weight & speeds of a Camry. They might be $850 each.

I also have always declined a road hazard uncharge.  I've had I think 3 punctures on my 2500HD over 150K miles, (plus I think 1 on my wife's car in the same time) but the tire was never scrapped, but plugged (which I do myself).

- - - - -
This pro race driver agrees that it's very likely they'll be too expensive for mainstream use.
As currently proposed, the airless tire would be sold pre-mounted on a wheel, so if you like your OE rims, you're not going with an airless tire. What this means is 1000s of bolt patterns & offsets - all increasing Michelin's development costs by a HUGE margin.

He also brings up another significant criteria- these are likely to increase unsprung weight- the enemy of good handling. 

• Thanks 2

@balthazar Some good points you bring up. Course if Michelin is able to bring high strength Plastic to the rim portion, we could like the Ford Carbon Fiber Rims see a low weight.

Current aluminum rims average 33lbs compared to Fords Carbon Fiber rims @ 18lbs each. 

If they can product this airless tire with the rim and keep it at half the weight of the Aluminum or steel rim, then I see no issue with unsprung weight.

They seem to be on track per their web site to have them on multiple OEM autos in 2024.

IAA Munich: Michelin’s view of tomorrow’s mobility – Michelin

So, in reading more, it appears that GM is vested in these tires with Michelin, and they will be rolled out on a series of BEVs starting in 2024 with GM and other OEMs.

Airless – Michelin

Quote from their web site: The UPTIS prototype will be fitted to a fleet of vehicles in Las Vegas, where it will be tested for two years through intensive use in real-world conditions. The fleet was chosen because it met the testing requirement of vehicles with high daily mileage, exposed to high-temperature driving conditions.
This development phase comes on top of the tests initiated several months ago in Greenville, South Carolina.

Fitting prototypes to vehicles for real-world testing is the final test round to which Michelin tires are regularly subjected. The data collected by engineers during this period will enable them to perfect the prototype in preparation for its market launch.

The tires are fitted onto Aluminum rims, so it would appear that you can have your OEM rims with these tires.

Re-watching and he shoots his own reasons for failing by pointing out the continual improvements in tire technology that has allowed autos to improve decade over decade. His UNSPRUNG Weight is an Excuse as I see it to say that the new tech is not as good as the old tech.

Interesting is how he is focused on generation one that did have its own rim built into the tire. Yet Michelin own web site states the tires can go onto aluminum rims.

He constantly talks about Racing and how they are an unknown quantity. He makes some very good points, will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

I do like the one point he is clear on and Michelin website I had to go into the small details which was the ability to put on a new tread once the wheels were worn out. Great reduction in waste.

56 minutes ago, balthazar said:

A GT500 front carbon rim cost $7015.82.  

Each.

- - - - - 

Interesting real-world experience :

Yes, they are expensive, I never said they were cheap. I was only talking about weight as an example. Quantity of scale is not there to bring the prices down yet.

The Video of this guy shows he is anything but tech friendly and clearly set in old man's ways of not learning anything new. :P 

Yup let him have his ICE, Future and Technology is not him.

Let's be honest, ICE was just as confusing and had haters and resistant users in the early days too. Why replace a Horse, easier to use, handle and deal with than a complicated ICE auto?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, David said:

The Video of this guy shows he is anything but tech friendly and clearly set in old man's ways of not learning anything new.

He already owned an electric Honda E, so he did 'learn something new', he just didn't like it. 

As stated here before; the automobile really didn't replace the horse.

8 hours ago, David said:

Yes, they are expensive, I never said they were cheap. I was only talking about weight as an example. Quantity of scale is not there to bring the prices down yet.

🤣 Auto industry is making more production carbon fiber than ever before, yet a set of GT500 rims is still about $25,000.

Edited by balthazar

It bums me out that Mercedes' design language for their EVs is...this...

EQE, it also has a terrible name. 

EQE.thumb.jpg.82dde84e8af36bb548d17db9e4c7fa97.jpg

10 hours ago, David said:

I totally understand what you all say, but I can honestly see these being a big hit with much of the appliance auto buyers.

I can tell you've never sold tires to the appliance-buyer. 

They are NOT in the market for anything close to $1000, let alone well above that. 

There is a very small subset of appliance buyers that just take their stuff to their dealership and say "give me the best". 

2 hours ago, ccap41 said:

It bums me out that Mercedes' design language for their EVs is...this...

EQE, it also has a terrible name. 

EQE.thumb.jpg.82dde84e8af36bb548d17db9e4c7fa97.jpg

I can tell you've never sold tires to the appliance-buyer. 

They are NOT in the market for anything close to $1000, let alone well above that. 

There is a very small subset of appliance buyers that just take their stuff to their dealership and say "give me the best". 

And you're missing the point, eventually prices come down and the appliance auto buyers do get the low maintenance items they desire.

I totally know that an appliance buyer will not pay $1,000 for tires. I get it, I see these people all the time buy those cheap $400 advertised tires, do nothing and then cry when one blows out due to low air pressure, potholes taking out the tire, running over stuff in the road and not even trying to avoid it.

These lemmings cause plenty of problems and so if they can be moved onto a product that does not have them being s lane blocking disabled auto, then better for it.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, David said:

do nothing and then cry when one blows out due to low air pressure

This isn't a cheap tire issue, this is a user issue. 

20 minutes ago, David said:

running over stuff in the road and not even trying to avoid it.

Also not a cheap tire issue. 

2/3 of your reasonings have nothing to do with cheap tires. Do you REALLY see that many people on sides of the road with blown out tires? My commute is 31 miles each way to work and it's not a common occurrence to see people on the side of the road with flat tires, to downtown STL. Plus, you claim to have been working from home and not going out places so I have high doubts you're not exaggerating here. 

Also, $400 set of tires isn't necessarily the cheapest. It depends so much on the vehicle they're going on. If it's a 15" wheel, that's not a super cheap tire. If it's a 20" truck tire, that's extremely cheap. My Nitto Motivo tires (235/50R18) were $135/tire and I believe about $650 with install + tax. That's definitely not cheap, but also far from $250/tire Michelin Latitude Tour with mediocre reviews.  

Edited by ccap41
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, balthazar said:

When I read some of David's posts, I'm reminded of one of the Star Trek movies (the one with James Cromwell), where one of the people upon first seeing the Enterprise asks 'How much money did all this cost?' and Picard chuckles and replies 'We don't use money anymore.'

Yes, I love Star Trek, but I am a realist with a Positive glass half full attitude that we can eventually get people onto better technology that give a better quality of life. 

I leave the rich to buying up the initial early adoption stuff at crazy prices as I know I cannot afford it without saving for a long time. Yet that does not mean I do not desire driving a nice ride.

I see plenty here that complain, make excuses and bitch about the good old days. 

You're welcome to them to live in the past. Life is about making things better, better quality for all. I see ways to merge the past with the future as to why I think restoring an older auto you love with a modern electric powertrain is a smart way to go. Yes like all things new, they are expensive and yet prices do come down as economy of scale kicks in.

Perfect example is the cost of VHS and Beta players in their initial early years. DVD and Blu-ray in their early years, all new technology is expensive at first as companies work to recover the costs of R&D. That does not make it wrong or bad. The consumers will eventually choose what they want and hopefully with proper information, the consumer will understand the benefits of moving forward with new technology.

Currently it seems there are plenty of positives for buying EV over ICE based on studies of owners and non-owners.

What makes people buy a Tesla? Not CEO Elon Musk's popularity, says survey (hindustantimes.com)

Survey Reveals The Main Reason People Buy A Tesla (and It's Not Elon) (drive.com.au)

'Economies of scale' is in no way guaranteed to A. happen fast enough to offset inflation, B. be enough to see a significant drop, and C. no assurance such economies will ever be passed down to consumers. It's an unreliable assumption.

11 minutes ago, David said:

Life is about making things better, better quality for all.

This is where people "bitch" about the past - general overall quality of many many consumer products isn't getting any better, just more expensive.

15 minutes ago, David said:

buying EV over ICE based on studies of owners and non-owners.

Those were 2 (very unscientific) polls on Elon Musk, not on electric cars.

Remember the poll referenced here recently that said the percentage of folk who would buy an electric car as their next vehicle was 5%??

48 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

This isn't a cheap tire issue, this is a user issue. 

Also not a cheap tire issue. 

2/3 of your reasonings have nothing to do with cheap tires. Do you REALLY see that many people on sides of the road with blown out tires? My commute is 31 miles each way to work and it's not a common occurrence to see people on the side of the road with flat tires, to downtown STL. Plus, you claim to have been working from home and not going out places so I have high doubts you're not exaggerating here. 

Also, $400 set of tires isn't necessarily the cheapest. It depends so much on the vehicle they're going on. If it's a 15" wheel, that's not a super cheap tire. If it's a 20" truck tire, that's extremely cheap. My Nitto Motivo tires (235/50R18) were $135/tire and I believe about $650 with install + tax. That's definitely not cheap, but also far from $250/tire Michelin Latitude Tour with mediocre reviews.  

I am going to agree to disagree.

Cheap tire issue with low air pressure is a user issue, but also a cheap tire issue, any tire issue of flatness that can be resolved if the so-called airless tires are cost effective, perform right and resolves a failure point for people. 

Again, running over stuff is a user issue, but also an issue if you cannot afford a more durable tire that can handle road trash.  I know not everyone can afford BF Goodrich tires that have Kevlar in the sidewall to be puncture resistant. If you have an airless tire like this, running over stuff that would cause not only a loss of air pressure but also tire damage that could possibly cause an accident is a safety benefit of the airless tire. Again, built in quantity so that price is low to be on all autos, but especially appliance type autos just improve safety and reliability for all.

Yes, Yes, I do see plenty of people on the side of the freeway system here as I do the grocery shopping and deliver food, medicine, etc. to the grandparents and great grandparents on both side of the family that are staying as safe as possible due to Covid.

Here we have a massive Lite Rail system being installed along I5 from Lynnwood Washington to Federal Way Washington. These 45 miles has terrible road debris from all the construction. Seems nails, screws, etc. are all over and as such I see plenty of Appliance Auto's alongside the road getting help due to tire issues. 

image.png

Probably a difference in regions, but the advertising here is always cheap tires mounted and balanced for $399. Considering how I view safety for my family and friends that ride with us in our auto's, I have never paid under a $1k for a complete set of tires. I do run Michelin Defender LTX M/S tires on all my auto's. They are expensive, but the safety is worth it to me. Quiet, solid dependable tires, better than the Bridgestone that used to be on my SUVs.

End result is that if we could have a solid performing airless tire that could handle what would be possible tire damage to a traditional tire from road debris would be great to reduce auto's that end up causing traffic issues on the roads imho.

55 minutes ago, balthazar said:

It appears not: 

Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 12.14.19 PM.png

Cool picture, thanks for posting had not seen this before. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Does Michelin become a rim/tire provider for the auto OEM companies if they go this way?

Seems Bridgestone is also targeting Airless tires for 2024/2025 on auto's.

Airless Tires (bridgestonetire.com)

image.png

Hankook Tire exhibits futuristic airless concept tire i-Flex at CES 2022

image.png

Seems there are 3 approaches to the airless tire that the tire industry is looking at:

• Bonded tires where they are chemically attached to a rim.
  • Press on Tire, where the tire is stretched as it is pressed onto the rim.
  • Segmented Tire considered the best where they have a series of bolts attaching to the rim. Rim is reusable when needed or changeable as the tire is bolted to the rim.

Michelin is currently using a segmented approach for the tires, Hankook is using Press on Tire and Bridgestone is currently using Bonded.

Seems according to Wiki that in 1938 a patent was given to J.V. Martin for airless tires.

Airless tire - Wikipedia

This story says Michelin has been working on the Uptis tire for the last 21 years.

Airless tires get their public test drive (freethink.com)

Course plenty of both no you do not and yes you do want this tech as here is another story on yes you want this tech.

Airless tires: Why you'll want this game-changing technology - Roadshow (cnet.com)

This might be the Story @balthazar is thinking of about airless tires.

Popular Science - Google Books

image.png

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, David said:

Cheap tire issue with low air pressure is a user issue, but also a cheap tire issue, any tire issue of flatness that can be resolved if the so-called airless tires are cost effective, perform right and resolves a failure point for people.

This is not a cheap tire issue. It's a lack of maintenance issue. Low tire pressure isn't because the tire is cheap. 

You're running a run-flat tire on your vehicles then, right? I'm sure they have run flats for Escalades. 

23 minutes ago, David said:

Yes, Yes, I do see plenty of people on the side of the freeway system here as I do the grocery shopping and deliver food, medicine, etc. to the grandparents and great grandparents on both side of the family that are staying as safe as possible due to Covid.

I'm sorry you live in such a homely place. I guess I should have known because Seattle is #3 in the nation in homeless population. Come to the Midwest. There's hardly ever vehicles on the side of the road. 

26 minutes ago, David said:

. I do run Michelin Defender LTX M/S tires on all my auto's. They are expensive, but the safety is worth it to me. Quiet, solid dependable tires, better than the Bridgestone that used to be on my SUVs.

Is there any proof that this specific tire is safer than others? Or are you just saying this because it's expensive and sounds like a good way to justify the cost? 

^ that’s quite a bit older than 60 years.

If the above info RE rims is accurate, people will have to also dump their OEM rims to go airless. As I suspected- because part of the securing of pneumatic tires on rims is via air pressure (duh). Also, the inner surface of any pneumatic rim if far from a single plane. Boom- another price hike.

Wonder if someone will calculate up the potential weight of all the scrapped factory rims. 😉

I’ll add to my earlier comment RE flats. All 3 on my 2500HD occurred in my driveway, IE; I ran over a nail/bolt on the road, never knew it at the time, drove home, and found the flat the next morning. Never stranded.

I very seldom notice people with flats on the road, it’s not a common problem from my observation. But NJ spends a LOT of money on road repair/maintence.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

This is not a cheap tire issue. It's a lack of maintenance issue. Low tire pressure isn't because the tire is cheap. 

You're running a run-flat tire on your vehicles then, right? I'm sure they have run flats for Escalades. 

I'm sorry you live in such a homely place. I guess I should have known because Seattle is #3 in the nation in homeless population. Come to the Midwest. There's hardly ever vehicles on the side of the road. 

Is there any proof that this specific tire is safer than others? Or are you just saying this because it's expensive and sounds like a good way to justify the cost? 

Reviews have shown people want cheap tires and a tire that does not go flat, plenty of stories on how people want less maintenance, that is the point.

No I do not have run-flat tires on my SUVs and you know that cause the Michelin tires I have stated are not available in run-flat. Reviews and tire testing has shown the defender M/S tire to be one of the best and safest out there.

Yup, Seattle does have a homeless problem, but that has nothing to do with this discussion. As a area that has high job growth, income growth you end up with more traffic and more people who seem to not take care of their auto's and then mix in debris from construction and boom, tire issues.

I am grateful for the Midwest and the farmers but would never want to live there. Been there due to a ton of family that lives in Missouri and hate the heat on top of it being way too flat for my tastes and no skiing. Love my lifestyle here. Will retire and die here.

Michelin Defender LTX M/S Tire Reviews | Mavis Discount Tire (mavistire.com)

Michelin Defender LTX M/S Tire Reviews | Updated 2022 (worldtirereview.com)

Michelin Defender LTX M/S Review: 2021 Analysis - Drive55

Michelin Defender LTX M/S Review - Truck Tire Reviews

Michelin Defender LTX M/S [T] tire - Consumer Reports

Michelin Defender LTX M/S| Tirebuyer

For the most part, the buying public have rated these top tires and even professional reviews also have rated them at the top for a tire.

8 minutes ago, David said:

Reviews and tire testing has shown the defender M/S tire to be one of the best and safest out there.

Do you have a link to this test showing it as one of the "safest out there"?

8 minutes ago, David said:

Yup, Seattle does have a homeless problem, but that has nothing to do with this discussion.

Having money to buy expensive tires is 100% relatable to this conversation. 

More homeless = more people with less money to spend on tires.

Seems everyone is talking about the next Chevrolet EV that will be important for GM to hit as a homerun and that is the Chevrolet Tahoe. 

Since GM has always tied the looks of the trucks to SUVs, seems the artist have been busy at work here:

Why The Electric Chevrolet Tahoe Will Be An Important Model | CarBuzz

953847.jpg953848.jpg

Then we also have this from the Instagram account for GM Design

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYnHDMmMaYd/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

image.png

• Agree 1

^ basically the Silverado EV styling adapted to an SUV...I like it.  I like the slim lighting trend we are seeing w/ EVs, going away from massive bulging light clusters that became so common on so many vehicles over the last couple decades. And no huge grille. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Robert Hall said:

^ basically the Silverado EV styling adapted to an SUV...I like it.  I like the slim lighting trend we are seeing w/ EVs, going away from massive bulging light clusters that became so common on so many vehicles over the last couple decades. And no huge grille. 

I agree, a very nice and much needed change in the auto styling. I am also excited to see how much more space they can get on the inside of these BEVs. As you know, space is always important for this guy. :P 

Ford is nailing it also with their Electric Pro Version of the transit van. They have started shipping to customers and are on track to build and deliver at least 10,000 electric vans this year alone and will contribute to Ford delivering 600,000 electric autos in 2023.

Built for America, Ready for Work: Ford Pro™ Begins Shipping Electric E-Transit to Customers, Works to Boost Production | Ford Media Center

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, balthazar said:

I don't hate the Silverado EV's styling (tho it's less appealing in the above renders as a Tahoe), but I don't know it will have mass appeal to the Silverado demographic. I doubt it will be widely embraced.

Still waiting for the BE pickup reveal..... 😶

Yes, we shall see if there is much market acceptance for either EV once released.

5 minutes ago, balthazar said:

I don't hate the Silverado EV's styling (tho it's less appealing in the above renders as a Tahoe), but I don't know it will have mass appeal to the Silverado demographic. I doubt it will be widely embraced.

Still waiting for the BE pickup reveal..... 😶

Are you talking about the GMC EV Reveal?

Seems Smart brand now that it has gone all EV is growing up as it readies a first 4 door cuv EV for the global markets.

smart officially unveils name for its new generation of all-electric vehicles

Seems to be a Mini Competitor. Worst Idea ever is that Mercedes thinks they have hit on the best naming ever as this will be the first in a new series of BEVs using the new portfolio naming system. The Smart BEV you see here is officially the #1 and other models will follow as #2, #3, #4, etc. 🙄

Snag_f7c2b74.png

• Haha 1

Seems with the upcoming VW ID Buzz electric minivan that VW is working with 3rd party groups to offer life style applications and this one some feel steps up over RIvian for camping.

Volkswagen Gets One Up on Rivian Camp Kitchen (cleantechnica.com)

Excited for Buick this year as the summer will have BEV Reveals for the brand.

EVs, but this summer we will show you our dreams of a groovy electric future. ️ We’re sure a mastermind who makes his own quasi-futuristic clothes will be impressed. 🤯

https://t.co/e1XzwFEVsJ

Latest Fly over of Giga Texas, one big ass building. Yet if Tesla Solar is so superior and great, why is there no solar panels on the plant to help be green in capturing energy?

Tesla Electric ATV is another unneeded distraction from building quality autos.

Review: Tesla Cyberquad for Kids is so much more than an electric kids toy (electrek.co)

Very interesting that the CEO had a live question and answer session on Reddit.

Seems we could still see an electric truck and beetle as he left those doors open, but currently the emotional microbus is the first focus point.

Diess: Electric Pickup In US Is A "Good Idea," Beetle EV Possible (insideevs.com)

• 3 weeks later...

Very Cool that Kia has updated their roadmap to have 14 BEVs out by 2027 and two of them will be pickups.

Kia Global Media Center : Kia presents 2030 roadmap to become global sustainable mobility leader (kianewscenter.com)

image.png

Very cool if true, from pre-production and mule building to actual production on the Cadillac LYRIQ.

2023 Cadillac Lyriq Enters Regular Production On March 21: Report (motor1.com)

On 2/8/2022 at 9:42 PM, balthazar said:

He already owned an electric Honda E, so he did 'learn something new', he just didn't like it. 

As stated here before; the automobile really didn't replace the horse.

Honda E was a compliance Electric which he also failed to clarify. That was not a global mass-produced EV.

• Agree 1