October Auto Spotter

Robert Hall

And here's one more.  This is the '82 to '8? Pontiac Firebird.  It didn't say how much they wanted.  Or if it ran.  Wasn't this platform the most troubled of any generation of Firebird?  I know that a rare few came with an Iron Duke 4 and that some came with a 2.8 V6?  That was nothing to brag about.  However, I definitely took notice of this nicely maintained '80s Firebird amidst the fall foliage.

KIMG2839.thumb.JPG.809c9f0542acb6a4b88e8a71b46e28e0.JPG

3 minutes ago, riviera74 said:

That is a Subaru Baja, the spiritual successor to the original BRAT from the 1970s.  Produced between 2003-2006.

Ha.  Both 4 letter B words.

Edited by trinacriabob

8 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

And here's one more.  This is the '82 to '8? Pontiac Firebird.  It didn't say how much they wanted.  Or if it ran.  Wasn't this platform the most troubled of any generation of Firebird?  I know that a rare few came with an Iron Duke 4 and that some came with a 2.8 V6?  That was nothing to brag about.  However, I definitely took notice of this nicely maintained '80s Firebird amidst the fall foliage.

KIMG2839.thumb.JPG.809c9f0542acb6a4b88e8a71b46e28e0.JPG

With those rub strips on the front fascia, I'd say it a base trim '86-90.   Interesting how it's parked up on a raised platform...car dealer? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Robert Hall said:

With those rub strips on the front fascia, I'd say it a base trim '86-90.   Interesting how it's parked up on a raised platform...car dealer? 

Used car dealer, IIRC.  I like the alloys on the front wheels.  I don't even know how to describe that color.  As for the engine, I don't know which engine it had.  I remember that, if they had a 4 cyl., they inscribed it on the door handles for a couple of MYs ?!?

12 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

Used car dealer, IIRC.  I like the alloys on the front wheels.  I don't even know how to describe that color.  As for the engine, I don't know which engine it had.  I remember that, if they had a 4 cyl., they inscribed it on the door handles for a couple of MYs ?!?

That detail I don't remember...the color reminds of Firethorn. I think they dropped the 4 after '85...late 80s-early 90s a 2.8 V6 was the base engine IIRC.

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Thanks 1