Man, there's probably a beast under that hood. Better put a blower on the LS7 Vette and call it SS ZL1 Blue Devil or something. If the LS7 did have a blower that Viper would probably be left in its dust.

(you know if those air vents were a half inch bigger it'd make 3 more hp)

From about 1992 to 1997 I thought the Viper was awsome.

Then later, esp. after the 2001 Corvette Z06 was released

I have not thought highly of them anymore. In the ealry

1990s the Viper was relevant & cool, now it's just kind of

a four-wheeled stereotype. The Z06 kicks its ass with one

run flat tire tied behind its back....

I'm really over with that Dodge grill. I think their whole lineup looks all too similiar up front. It would be like putting a Tahoe grill on the Corvette so that people had to know they were both Chevrolet's.

Those tailights look chintzy too.

Edited by pontiac1

Why would you build a test mule for the next Viper out of a Viper? Seems like a great way to draw attention to yourself. I'd hide the engine inside a Ram or something and test it out there.

Why would you build a test mule for the next Viper out of a Viper? Seems like a great way to draw attention to yourself. I'd hide the engine inside a Ram or something and test it out there.

Why not? They'll get speculation going and others guessing at what's under the hood.

Z06 is getting all the attention and everybody's forgotten about Viper. Except me haha.

I think that this powertrain-prototype is just a way for Dodge to say that they aren't going to let the new "Blue Devil" beat the SRT-10 Viper 's ass any harder than the Z06 did, so they want to tell us that they too are going to have a 600hp Viper to challenge the "Blue Devil".

• 1 month later...

See what I'm not getting is how everyone in that article is bashing the Vette for making 500 horses. Think about this boys and girls, the Vette is making 500 horses naturally aspriated and with TWO less cylinders than a Viper....c'mon, I know that you can crank a ton of power out of a V-10, but still, there is a point where you can cede some kudos to GM for doing the same as your V10, but with less displacement. I was a fan of the first-gen Vipers, but after about a year I discovered this little thing called the "small block chevy" that can produce equal amounts of power and do it smoother.