Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Neuron EV - Newest Challenger to Tesla

The Rivian pickup is a single configuration, as is the Highlander.  So I could see a Ford EV truck on the Rivian platform in a single configuration.  Make sense??  I don't think I ever said F150 specifically...I just said 'Ford truck'. 

i was just speculating.  I don’t know what’s going to happen. 

Obviously from the context of the thread I'm talking about the upcoming Ford EV truck, not the ICE F-series that's their moneymaker..that's not going to go away...

Edited by Robert Hall

1 hour ago, balthazar said:

^ Again, that would depend on if the Rivien platform was capable of providing all the wheelbase/ cab mounting combinations. It would be marketing stupidity to offer the BE version on only a single configuration.

The Amazon Vans are much longer than the R1t / F150 base truck. RJ is on record that due to the motors being mounted between the front and rear wheels, it allows them to stretch the platform for any length including any size battery pack.

This to me says they could easily handle an HD King Crew Cab with 8' bed with ease plus give you a 300kWh battery pack for say 500 to 600 miles.

• Agree 1

Robert: I don’t remotely see Ford marketing an EV pickup outside of the F-150 line, esp after showing the electrified F-150. Only makes sense, if Ford remotely sees a future of all EVs— that it be incorporated into the #1 selling model line rather than ‘competing’ with it. But you’re right: time will tell.

Dfelt : I’m curious to know the structural competitiveness of a BE skateboard vs. a boxed perimeter frame in a full-size truck. Not saying it can’t be built to the same standard at all, just curious if there are major engineering hurdles to overcome.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Robert: I don’t remotely see Ford marketing an EV pickup outside of the F-150 line, esp after showing the electrified F-150. Only makes sense, if Ford remotely sees a future of all EVs— that it be incorporated into the #1 selling model line rather than ‘competing’ with it. But you’re right: time will tell.

Dfelt : I’m curious to know the structural competitiveness of a BE skateboard vs. a boxed perimeter frame in a full-size truck. Not saying it can’t be built to the same standard at all, just curious if there are major engineering hurdles to overcome.

Got a meeting to be in, but agree that would be interesting to look into.

Something GM has ready right now...a BOF BEV truck that can handle the weight, utilizing the BT1XX platform (based off of the T1XX) launching in May with Hummer EV by GMC. Gonna be interesting!

image.thumb.png.26028a571582b37bac7e3167f3ab5ad0.png

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, balthazar said:

I wasn't aware they had shown an electrified F-150..but maybe I haven't been paying attention..I knew they were working with electric F150 mules at one point.   

I found this, hadn't seen this article from a couple days ago...

https://insideevs.com/news/395662/render-ford-electric-pickup-truck/

Edited by Robert Hall

3 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

I wasn't aware they had shown an electrified F-150..but maybe I haven't been paying attention..I knew they were working with electric F150 mules at one point.   

I found this, hadn't seen this article from a couple days ago...

https://insideevs.com/news/395662/render-ford-electric-pickup-truck/

I have posted videos of their F150 EV Concept that pulled 1.25 millions pounds.

Edited by dfelt