Happy New Year

I’m using one of my “my site, my rules” tokens to say: Fuck off 2020!

If you haven’t done so recently, please take this post as a reminder to check your fire extinguishers, buy more to keep around the house, and check all of your smoke alarms.

I had a house fire today and it all happened in under 3 minutes. I saved my house but I got 2nd degree burns on my hands and spent the morning in the ER. 

5436DC3E-F128-4400-844E-FCB0CA98FAEF.jpeg

E5EE84D3-19EC-42B6-AB9F-8995FF96162C.jpeg

A stray broken match head ignited my shower curtain and destroyed my bathroom. Albert had a robe hanging in there and it refused to stay out even after multiple hits with a fire extinguisher. I managed to grab it and fling it into the tub and finally got it doused with water.

At some point the heat shattered a glass doorknob and I apparently stepped on it and cut my foot. I bled all over the bathroom floor and into the rest of the house.

DEFE26C5-F460-483F-9853-1914680C438D.jpeg

151001E5-6510-4CB4-A826-5CDE8D69719A.jpeg

24618647-A38A-4836-B0B4-1DADE4CECA59.jpeg

Hope you all have a great holiday and stay safe.

• Sad 5

We can thank the turn of events that you were not permanently harmed and that the fire was contained.

What a year indeed, so many of us would wish to light a fire to end it... and here is the message that fire is dangerous, please do prepare for it and never consider it something to play with.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

HOLY PHOQUE, DREW!!!

The damage done looks like the fire was intense...    The way you described it, had you not done what you done, it seems to me the whole house would have been destroyed in 15 minutes.   

I dont know you or Albert, but man I feel your pain and Im glad you guys (and your home) are alright! 

Lets all keep safe and healthy and let us put 2020 in the rear view mirror!

Happy 2021 everyone!

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Wishing you a speedy recovery Drew and glad to hear you and Albert are safe. Guess it is time for that bathroom remodel you been postponing. ;)

Not trying to make lite of the incident, but only trying to be lite of the crazy terrible year 2020 has been. Glad to hear your safe and can mend into the new year.

Wishing Albert and You a much better 2021. If there is anything any of us can do please let us know. Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

HOLY PHOQUE, DREW!!!

The damage done looks like the fire was intense...    The way you described it, had you not done what you done, it seems to me the whole house would have been destroyed in 15 minutes.   

I dont know you or Albert, but man I feel your pain and Im glad you guys (and your home) are alright! 

Lets all keep safe and healthy and let us put 2020 in the rear view mirror!

Happy 2021 everyone!

Yeah, it was intense. That was about 3 minutes of burning. The heat was so intense that plastic pieces of a light fixture in the next room melted.

it melted the window frame. Brand new window too, put them in back in October.

its been an intense day. I just changed my dressings about 30 minutes ago.  The left hand isn’t too bad and will heal quickly. The right hand is pretty bad and from my palm to the tip of my thumb is going to be a problem. 

the nurse told me that burns get worse over time and the next 48 hours  (from 10:30 this morning) will be the worst of it.

Thanks all for the well wishes.

• Agree 3

Keeping you in my thoughts as you heal Drew.

As my family eats Korean New Years soup, we send out positive thought and wishes for a better 2021 for all.

20210101_095248.jpg

• Thanks 1