ZO6!

Dave

I could never quite understand why the vette could never surpass 200mph...all I gathered was that it was drag limited...Isn't the vette pretty aerodynamic? If the new M5 can surpass 200 mph, and it is a much heavier car, with about the same hp and less trq, then what's the deal? Then again, it does have a 7-spd...but that doesn't have to do with drag... Edited by Nick

yea, that color reminds me of the orange they had for the CTS for like the first year...then they dropped it which was a bumemr because I really liked that color...

[post="763"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I saw a CTS in that color the other night, it looked good. Hopefully they offer it again. I really think it made the CTS look a little better, the color really went well with the lines.

a cars weight does not affect theoretical top speed. Aerodynamics and gearing do.

[post="6991"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

good point...all weight has to do with is the momentum...once you git er goin then you have nothing to worry about...but the 5 series has always had a pretty low drag coefficient (I know the e39 had .31 I believe)...what is the vette's?

it probably has to do witht he fact that the M5 is a DOHC so it makes mroe of it power at higher rpms...I am pretty sure the Z06 is drag limited but even if it is in higher rpms it wouldn't be pushing as much as the M5 would be in the same range...