Canyon gets GM badge but not Colorado

BlkHhr104

Yeah... I think Pontiac's website is still using 2004 GP pics. So do base this kind of stuff off of those pics. See the vehicles in person... as I did. Also, Josh, would 06 Silverados have the GM badge? Because there's a whole shipment of them sitting at my dealer without them. And they were definitely 06s unless the dealer put the wrong spec sheets on them all... I'll have to check again just to be sure, though. My memory sucks... :P

I've seen no stinking badges on the GMT800s or 360s. Question is: WHO CHOOSES which models get the badge and which don't? It seems to me they ought to be proud enough of EVERY vehicle they make to stick the badge on. It's an "all or nothing" proposition, imo.

I've seen no stinking badges on the GMT800s or 360s.  Question is:  WHO CHOOSES which models get the badge and which don't?  It seems to me they ought to be proud enough of EVERY vehicle they make to stick the badge on.  It's an "all or nothing" proposition, imo.

[post="11732"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

They're proud of the newer models. Outgoing lame-ducks like the current GMT-800s don't get the lovin'.

I've seen no stinking badges on the GMT800s or 360s.  Question is:  WHO CHOOSES which models get the badge and which don't?  It seems to me they ought to be proud enough of EVERY vehicle they make to stick the badge on.  It's an "all or nothing" proposition, imo.

I assume they are chosen by the corporate wide badge-engineering committee... they meet every Thursday, 10am I think... :)

I think it would have to do with how close the vehicle is to cancellation.

[post="11779"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, it is all an image thing, so in 5-6 years they don't want people to look and see a crusty trailblazer with a GM on the side, because at that point most trailblazers will be running out of life.. see one with the badge and there goes the image!

Mark my word, they will only have the badges on cars for about 5 years, similar to what chrysler did in the early 90's! (remember the spirit and the intrepid had them on the lower part of the passenger side front fender!

Yeah, it is all an image thing, so in 5-6 years they don't want people to look and see a crusty trailblazer with a GM on the side, because at that point most trailblazers will be running out of life.. see one with the badge and there goes the image!

Mark my word, they will only have the badges on cars for about 5 years, similar to what chrysler did in the early 90's! (remember the spirit and the intrepid had them on the lower part of the passenger side front fender!

Chrysler had a single fender pentastar badge on Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth models for at least a decade or more from the mid-60s to the mid-70s...

some of the '90s cars that did it had them on both sides, like the Grand Cherokee (embossed in the plastic cladding).

The silverados (and such) aren't getting them because quite a few where built a while back, and just being released now...they rushed to get a bunch out there, cause the plants will be shut down for a while during change over. I think if you wanted to order one, you have to do it before x-mas... Aveos get them in 07.... CSVs should have them, if they don't- they will. I wouldn't waste the badges, but whatever...

I thought they were going to slowly roll the badge out with new launches, not retro-fit all the old programs with badges, but alas that seems like what they're doing.