Jump to content
  • William Maley
    William Maley

    Picture of Window Sticker Gives Us An Idea On Civic Type R Pricing

    Sign in to follow this  

      We have a clue as to how much the Civic Type R will set you back

    It will not be too long before the Civic Type R begins hitting Honda dealers in the U.S. and we now have some idea on pricing.

    A member on the CivicX.com forums came across a lot full of new Civic Type Rs nearby a port. The member was able to get some pictures of the vehicles sitting there along with one showing the window sticker. According to the sticker, the Civic Type R Touring will carry a base price of $33,900 - add $875.00 for destination and you'll end up with a final price of $34,775.

    We don't know if Honda will be doing a lower-trim version of the Type R - Touring at Honda is their designation for the top trim level. If they do, we expect it to be around $30,000 to $32,000.

    Source: CivicX.com
    Pic Credit: Newspress USA

    Edited by William Maley

    Sign in to follow this  


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments

    Seeing the picture of this, it is really ugly from the back end and especially the stupid 3 exhuast pipe with one being smaller than the others is just weird. The back end just looked hacked up.

    Interesting statement about this being performance and that the tires will wear lasting 10,000 miles or less. Also the statement to put on winter tires. This is going to be interesting to see how many get crashed by kids thinking they can be speed racer.

    2017-civic-type-r-sticker.jpg

    IMG_8555.JPG

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    That's a fair MSRP. It will definitely bring the track performance, but driveability and outright speed are not going to be strong attributes.

     

    I might go drive one for giggles.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    12 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

    That's a fair MSRP. It will definitely bring the track performance, but driveability and outright speed are not going to be strong attributes.

     

    I might go drive one for giggles.

    The tires makes ya wonder how fast the first pair will wear out. I bet most get only 5-6K miles on the tires before your having to spend $1,200 on a new set. 20" rims do not have many options for this car. Expensive no matter how you look at it.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    maybe im in the wrong and the people shopping for one of these wouldnt cross shop with a camaro or mustang, but you can get a 2017 ecoboost premium for $33K and a 2lt camaro with the 3.6 for $35k. heck for $37,300 you can get a 1LE v6 camaro which is probably where the markup on the type r starts. you wont have the ring lap record clout but i think id rather have one of those 2 instead.

    • Upvote 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    10 hours ago, balthazar said:

    And people complained the last Trans Am was "overwraught". :rolleyes:

    RIGHT! :o This is the new Trans Am of the 21 century of goddiness overkill. :P 

    Sadly with non of the real V8 power Pizzas in a sardine can that is actually ugly.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    11 hours ago, cletus8269 said:

    maybe im in the wrong and the people shopping for one of these wouldnt cross shop with a camaro or mustang, but you can get a 2017 ecoboost premium for $33K and a 2lt camaro with the 3.6 for $35k. heck for $37,300 you can get a 1LE v6 camaro which is probably where the markup on the type r starts. you wont have the ring lap record clout but i think id rather have one of those 2 instead.

    I doubt it.  I don't see anyone looking at a 4 seat coupe looking at a 5 passenger Wagon.  It is a good price for what you get.  For the kit this will come with stand\ard you would end up with a 40k+ ecoboost or Camaro V6 anyway. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    16 hours ago, FAPTurbo said:

    but the camaro and mustang are for casuals, whereas this is for hardcore track or honda fans

    but its also close to focus rs land as well.

    5 hours ago, Stew said:

    I doubt it.  I don't see anyone looking at a 4 seat coupe looking at a 5 passenger Wagon.  It is a good price for what you get.  For the kit this will come with stand\ard you would end up with a 40k+ ecoboost or Camaro V6 anyway. 

    the prices i quoted for the ecoboost premium and v6 1LE camaro 2LT are straight from the build your own page from ford and chevy. are they top of the line? no, but they arent stripped either. i was just comparing the performance numbers for the price point.

    • Upvote 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    18 hours ago, cletus8269 said:

    but its also close to focus rs land as well.

    the prices i quoted for the ecoboost premium and v6 1LE camaro 2LT are straight from the build your own page from ford and chevy. are they top of the line? no, but they arent stripped either. i was just comparing the performance numbers for the price point.

    Problem with that Focus RS and those, is that why they are decently equipped, they are not fully loaded.  Touring in Honda trim is fully loaded.  LED headlights, leather, Nav, etc, etc.  All 3 will be in the 40k range once equally equipped, if they even can be.  hond has some neat gear that is even standard on your bread and butter LX or SI, that these don't even offer such as neat camera in the passenger side mirror which activates when you turn on your left turn signal, or full LED lighting in touring models. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 5/31/2017 at 10:29 PM, balthazar said:

    And people complained the last Trans Am was "overwraught". :rolleyes:

    The Civic Type R takes stoned Pokemon styling to a whole new level...

    On 5/31/2017 at 10:22 PM, FAPTurbo said:

    but the camaro and mustang are for casuals, whereas this is for hardcore track or honda fans

    It will have its hard core fans....but the Honda fanbois are so annoying that most of my sons friends pretty much verbally eviscerate Honda every chance they get....

    There is a certain negative prestige with this car. An older gentleman could drive an Ecobosot Mustang, WRX/STI, GTI, ST, RS, BRZ, Camaro or the like without looking stupid...but this car just screams "old man wants jailbait female for companion."

    On 5/31/2017 at 5:23 PM, Frisky Dingo said:

    That's a fair MSRP. It will definitely bring the track performance, but driveability and outright speed are not going to be strong attributes.

     

    I might go drive one for giggles.

    I have a paper bag you can wear when you do so...Drew really doesn't like duplicate accounts but I might suggest one if you write a review.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 5/31/2017 at 4:35 PM, dfelt said:

     This is going to be interesting to see how many get crashed by kids thinking they can be speed racer.

    2017-civic-type-r-sticker.jpg

    IMG_8555.JPG

    My son and daughter both work for insurance companies.  We have interesting dinner table conversations about this very subject...

    As a guy who once loved (but no longer loves) Mustangs, it was painful to see how many 5.0 mustangs were augured into solid objects by testosterone poisoned young males back in the day.

    • Upvote 2

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    8 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

    My son and daughter both work for insurance companies.  We have interesting dinner table conversations about this very subject...

    As a guy who once loved (but no longer loves) Mustangs, it was painful to see how many 5.0 mustangs were augured into solid objects by testosterone poisoned young males back in the day.

    Right! With the latest Fast and Furious, which I hope is the last. Good movie but I think the franchise has run it's course. I see lots of ricer fans buying these and plowing them into things due to stupid decisions.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    Just now, dfelt said:

    Right! With the latest Fast and Furious, which I hope is the last. Good movie but I think the franchise has run it's course. I see lots of ricer fans buying these and plowing them into things due to stupid decisions.

    So long as they are plowing them into inanimate objects and not other vehicles, that's not entirely a bad thing.  Given the visual aesthetic of the Type R, the human tree of life could use a little self pruning for those wiling to drop coin for that...

    • Upvote 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    Just now, A Horse With No Name said:

    So long as they are plowing them into inanimate objects and not other vehicles, that's not entirely a bad thing.  Given the visual aesthetic of the Type R, the human tree of life could use a little self pruning for those wiling to drop coin for that...

    So very True! :thumbsup:

    Time for some human pruning while sad, ya do have to clean up the DNA tree from time to time. We seem to have some very stupid peeps in society from the top down in this country and around the world. :facepalm:

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    Just now, dfelt said:

    So very True! :thumbsup:

    Time for some human pruning while sad, ya do have to clean up the DNA tree from time to time. We seem to have some very stupid peeps in society from the top down in this country and around the world. :facepalm:

    Perhaps their is an aesthetic link....people who drive the Type R probably wouldn't a mind a president whose hair looks like cotton candy spun from goat piss...

    • Upvote 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

    Perhaps their is an aesthetic link....people who drive the Type R probably wouldn't a mind a president whose hair looks like cotton candy spun from goat piss...

    :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    A buddy of mine in Denver bought a new Civic hatchback (may have been an Si) the same day I bought my Jeep at the end of March.  His is gray with the rear wing in red and other trim in red..definitely 'distinctive' looking..

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

    They are truly hideous.

    Good science fiction inspiration for a bug species that invades earth and destroys all human life...cockroaches and Civic R's can be the only life left, and the Civic R will still be the ugliest thing on the planet.

    1 minute ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

    A buddy of mine in Denver bought a new Civic hatchback (may have been an Si) the same day I bought my Jeep at the end of March.  His is gray with the rear wing in red and other trim in red..definitely 'distinctive' looking..

    Please tell me when you ride together you take the Jeep....

    • Upvote 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    27 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

     

    Please tell me when you ride together you take the Jeep....

    Haven't seen it in person yet, may this summer when I go out to Denver to visit friends...

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Seems these are built for the F&F crowd that is now a decade older, and yearning for the old days, but doesn't have to time to build that fart cannon of doom like they used to. One thing I have heard is that these are easier to build on if they want to customize (and you know some will), so it is a good start for those who want to build on. And besides the fact they belong in speed racer, it's not a bad thing at all.

    Who knows, we might be surprised by this crowd, or there are going to be a bunch of youtube vids of accident prone Civics.......

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    9 hours ago, daves87rs said:

    Seems these are built for the F&F crowd that is now a decade older, and yearning for the old days, but doesn't have to time to build that fart cannon of doom like they used to. One thing I have heard is that these are easier to build on if they want to customize (and you know some will), so it is a good start for those who want to build on. And besides the fact they belong in speed racer, it's not a bad thing at all.

    Who knows, we might be surprised by this crowd, or there are going to be a bunch of youtube vids of accident prone Civics.......

    If they become as accident prone as Mustangs leaving car shows I am going to invest heavily in futures for curbs, light poles and shrubbery.

    Edited by A Horse With No Name
    • Upvote 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

    If they become as accident prone as Mustangs leaving car shows I am going to invest heavily in futures for curbs, light poles and shrubbery.

    Tis is true....

     

    And airbags and tow trucks!

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites


    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
    Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

    Guest
    Add a comment...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Similar Content

    • By Drew Dowdell
      Honda is continuing its global pull back of production by announcing it will cease automotive manufacturing operations in Argentina next year.  This is after announcing the closure of its Swindon UK plant  and the pull back of production in the U.S., mainly of the Civic and Accord. Honda is in the midst of consolidating production to fewer facilities and using fewer platforms to produce their vehicles. 
      Honda said it's plant in Campana, which produces the HR-V will focus solely on manufacturing motorcycles. Honda is in talks with the local union to potentially offer buyouts to those who will be affected by the cessation of automotive production. The total plant population is over 1,000 workers. Honda has been building motorcycles in Argentina since 2006 and automobiles since 2011.
       
       

      View full article
    • By Drew Dowdell
      Honda is continuing its global pull back of production by announcing it will cease automotive manufacturing operations in Argentina next year.  This is after announcing the closure of its Swindon UK plant  and the pull back of production in the U.S., mainly of the Civic and Accord. Honda is in the midst of consolidating production to fewer facilities and using fewer platforms to produce their vehicles. 
      Honda said it's plant in Campana, which produces the HR-V will focus solely on manufacturing motorcycles. Honda is in talks with the local union to potentially offer buyouts to those who will be affected by the cessation of automotive production. The total plant population is over 1,000 workers. Honda has been building motorcycles in Argentina since 2006 and automobiles since 2011.
       
       
    • By Drew Dowdell
      The minivan is not quite dead yet and the Honda Odyssey, one of the five remaining minivans still in production, is entering its 25th year on the market. Since its launch in 1995, the Odyssey has sold more than 2.7 million units. Honda is quick to point out that most of these are retail sales and not fleet.  The Odyssey has been the number one retail seller in the segment for 9 years running.
      For 2020, all Odysseys will be upgraded to a new 10-speed automatic transmission. This is mated to the existing 280 horsepower 3.5 liter V6 driving the front wheels. 
      Also for 2020, Honda is offering a $1500 25th Anniversary package that includes a chrome roof rack, body side moldings, chrome rear bumper protector, extra 25th Anniversary badges, illuminated sill plates, and for an additional $1,300, special 19-inch wheels.
      The Honda Odyssey is built in Honda's Lincoln Alabama manufacturing plant alongside the Pilot, Passport, and Ridgeline. 

      View full article
    • By Drew Dowdell
      The minivan is not quite dead yet and the Honda Odyssey, one of the five remaining minivans still in production, is entering its 25th year on the market. Since its launch in 1995, the Odyssey has sold more than 2.7 million units. Honda is quick to point out that most of these are retail sales and not fleet.  The Odyssey has been the number one retail seller in the segment for 9 years running.
      For 2020, all Odysseys will be upgraded to a new 10-speed automatic transmission. This is mated to the existing 280 horsepower 3.5 liter V6 driving the front wheels. 
      Also for 2020, Honda is offering a $1500 25th Anniversary package that includes a chrome roof rack, body side moldings, chrome rear bumper protector, extra 25th Anniversary badges, illuminated sill plates, and for an additional $1,300, special 19-inch wheels.
      The Honda Odyssey is built in Honda's Lincoln Alabama manufacturing plant alongside the Pilot, Passport, and Ridgeline. 
    • By Drew Dowdell
      Honda is cutting back on production at two of its U.S. plants in anticipation of a slide in sales.  The Marysville, Ohio plant and Honda of Indiana are the two plants being affected.  The cuts primarily come to the Accord and Civic built in Marysville. Marysville operates two lines and one shift at Marysville on Line 1 will be suspended temporarily. That line produces the Accord, CR-V, ILX, and TLX, but the cuts there will mostly impact Accord.  Acura production is unchanged at this time.  The CR-V is also produced in Indiana so some production can be shifted from Marysville to there. This news comes after the announcement of the closure of Honda's Swindon UK manufacturing plant which builds the CR-V for Europe and the Honda Civic Hatchback and Civic Type-R for the U.S.
      Honda sales are down 0.9% for the year, but the Accord has slipped 5.9% July YTD, and the Civic which is Honda's second most popular model has slipped 2.1% July YTD. CR-V, which is Honda's biggest seller is also down 0.9%, but a light refresh is in the works for the CR-V and should debut soon.
      Honda says these adjustments are to help maintain Honda's sales discipline and to flex to the shift in market demand away from sedans. Honda has already announced they are looking to trim fat from their model lineup and have fewer regionally specific models. They will also be reducing the number of variations available to one third of what they are today.  These plans are to be completed by 2025.

      View full article
  • Posts

    • Honestly @balthazar covered it pretty damn well. The resident hater, that never offers anything to an EV discussion other than snarky remarks and trolling, should read that three times before joining in an adult discussion again. 
    • I don’t give two $h!s what you think I remember. No AWD or 4WD option equals tall wagon. Again, regardless of the ONE GM page you found said, their own window stickers say “Wagon” and they were not once marketed as a CUV. And your reading comprehension is lacking as usual  I said that it “looks like a CUV” not that it was a CUV and that CUV buyers will not look twice at it SINCE IT IS NOT A CUV! Understand it now? Big difference there that even a five year old could figure out.   And comparing a car that’s half the price of the Bolt (your Kicks reference)? That takes a special kind of stretching to say the least.    Just keep that level of ignorance to yourself next time.  Wtf does my previous job have anything to do with this conversation? The answer is “nothing”. Personally I find it sad that you’ve done it for 26 years yet come off as spectacularly ignorant towards a huge subsection of cars but that laugh fest is for another time.   For the record though, I’ve worked at three different dealerships in two states in the last eighteen years, two of those in sales. Doesn’t change any facts mentioned here so keep that condescending BS to yourself.   Speaking of “how many times”   How many times do we need that you hate EVs? You talk the talk but sure as hell cant walk the walk. Just more juvenile snowflake bull$h!. 
    • reminds me of what it will be like at the admissions office into a nursing home
    • Nissan Kicks (FWD only CUV of small stature) 2019 YTD through the second quarter:  29263 Chevy Bolt (FWD only CUV of small stature) 2019 YTD through the second quarter:  8281.   Surreal, don't think I don't remember when you dug in your heels insisting the Bolt IS NOT a CUV... now you say it is. LOL so you were a lot jockey at a dealership for five minutes last year.  How many times do we need to hear this.  I've worked at dealerships every working day since March, 1993.
  • Social Stream

  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • My Clubs

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

×
×
  • Create New...