While Jaguar has been busy with the likes of the F-Pace and brand new E-Pace, the XJ flagship has been languishing away. There was the thought that the XJ could go to the great junkyard in the sky. But Jaguar has brought some new updates for the 2018 XJ.
Let us focus on the big news first, the XJR575. Serving as the performance flagship model for the XJ, the 575 uses a supercharged 5.0: V8 with 575 horsepower (up 25) and 516 pound-feet. An eight-speed automatic routes power to the rear wheels. 0-60 takes 4.4 seconds and the XJR575 will hit a top speed of 186 mph.
To help it stand apart from the standard XJR, the 575 comes with a new aero package, hood vents, 20-inch gloss black wheels, red brake calipers, and two colors created by the Special Vehicle Operations division; Velocity Blue and Satin Corris Grey.
All XJs will benefit from a new 10-inch touchscreen, 4G LTE with Wi-Fi capability, emergency braking, blind spot assist, lane keep assist, and park assist.
Pricing details for the 2018 XJ will be announced at a later date.
Press Release is on Page 2
GONE IN 44 SECONDS - NEW JAGUAR XJR575 HOSTS 186MPH INTERVIEW
- Jaguar designer Wayne Burgess answers questions at top speed to mark launch of new performance saloon
- Wayne Burgess, Production Studio Director and SVO Projects at Jaguar, quizzed by TV presenter and racer Amanda Stretton, at top speed in the back of the new 2018 Jaguar XJR575 (1)
- 186 mph XJR575 has more power than any previous XJ (1)
- Full-size performance sedan accelerates from 0-60 mph in just 4.2 seconds – and reaches top speed in just 44 seconds (1)
- 5.0-liter Supercharged V8 engine produces 517 lb. ft. of torque
- The XJR575 continues a heritage of luxurious refinement and interior comfort for Jaguar sedans featuring upgraded performance and unique design touches
- Electronic Active Differential enables fine control of power delivery and maximizes traction
- Two new available paint options from Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) division ensure XJR575 is more unique than ever
- Enhancements to Jaguar Touch Pro Infotainment system include addition of a larger 10-inch touchscreen and available 4G Wi-Fi2, (3)
- Intelligent driver assistance measures include Emergency Braking, Lane Keep Assist, Blind Spot Assist, Park Assist and Driver Condition Monitoring (4)
Jaguar has launched its latest full-size super sedan, the new 2018 XJR575, with a high-speed interview starring Jaguar designer Wayne Burgess being questioned by TV presenter and race driver Amanda Stretton as the performance sedan accelerates to its top speed of 186mph.1
Lasting just 44 seconds – the time it takes the fastest iteration of the XJ sedan to reach its top speed – Burgess gave a quick-fire insight into the development of the potent new model.
The high velocity interview was almost over before it began, but the unrelenting acceleration of the new XJ flagship did not stop Burgess, Production Studio Director and SVO Projects Director at Jaguar, from providing a unique take on the performance sedan.
"I have done plenty of short interviews in my time, but nothing quite like this! It might have been a bit of fun but doesn’t it just demonstrate perfectly the extreme performance of the new XJR575. I could barely finish answering those quick-fire questions before we hit 186mph and then it was all over! Can we go again?"
- WAYNE BURGESS, PRODUCTION STUDIO DIRECTOR AND SVO PROJECTS, JAGUAR
The XJR575 is the new performance flagship for the XJ range; its 5.0-liter supercharged V8 engine benefits from a healthy 25 horsepower increase – from 550HP to 575HP – which delivers a 0-60mph time of just 4.2 seconds1. Coupled with 517 lb. ft. of available torque, the new addition to the XJ range effortlessly accelerates from a standstill while drivers benefit from Jaguar’s characteristic interior refinement.
Customers will be able to choose between two bespoke exterior color finishes created by Special Vehicle Operations – Velocity Blue and Satin Corris Grey – while additional tailor-made exterior details include a rear spoiler, side sills, front bumper and lower air intakes featuring gloss black surrounds.
Updated exterior badging and twin hood louvers distinguish the vehicle from the rest of the range, as do the red brake callipers that accompany the 20-inch 5 Split-Spoke 'Style 5044' gloss-black wheels. Bespoke embossed tread plates alongside intaglio and diamond-quilted seating add a final flourish to the interior of the XJR575.
"This is a performance vehicle, but that doesn’t mean we have had to cut any corners when it comes to comfort or design. Jaguar is the standard bearer for interior refinement and the XJR575 is no different. It can go very quickly, but it does so with the serene comfort customers expect from a Jaguar saloon. That makes this a very special car indeed."
- IAN CALLUM, DIRECTOR OF DESIGN, JAGUAR
Further announcements for the rest of the core 2018 Jaguar XJ range and U.S. pricing will follow later this year. For additional information please visit www.JaguarUSA.com or your local retailer.