2018 Volkswagen Atlas To Begin At $30,500

How much will the new Volkswagen Atlas set you back?

Volkswagen dropped the pricing information for the 2018 Atlas crossover arriving at dealers next month and it is right on the nose of the automaker's promise of starting somewhere around $30,000.

The entry-level Atlas S kicks off at $30,500 and comes with a turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder producing 235 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque. Standard equipment includes 18-inch alloy wheels, LED headlights with LED daytime running lights, rearview camera, 6.5-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, and a six-speaker audio system. A 3.6L VR6 with 276 horsepower and 266 pound-feet of torque adds $1,400 to the price. If you want AWD, be prepared to pony up $33,700 as it is only available with the V6.

Here is how the rest of the Atlas lineup is comprised,

• Atlas S Launch: $33,500 for VR6 FWD, $35,300 for VR6 AWD - Available for a limited time, the S Launch adds a panoramic sunroof, Homelink garage opener, 8-inch infotainment system, and a three-month trial of SiriusXM Satellite Radio.
    • Atlas SE: $33,590 for 2.0T FWD, $34,990 for VR6 FWD, $36,790 for VR6 AWD - Adds automatic headlights, rain-sensing windshield wipers, Blind spot monitoring with cross-traffic alert, push-button start, leatherette upholstery, 10-way power driver's seat, and eight-speaker audio system.
    • Atlas SE with Technology: $35,690 for 2.0T FWD, $37,090 for VR6 FWD, $38,890 for VR6 AWD - Adds adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, forward collision warning with automatic braking, three-zone climate control, power liftgate, and remote start.
    • Atlas SEL: $39,160 for 2.0T FWD, $40,890 for VR6 FWD, $42,690 for VR6 AWD - Adds Easy Open liftgate; 8-way power passenger seat, memory function for driver's seat, Park Distance Control, and an 115V power outlet for second-row passengers.
    • Atlas SEL Premium: $48,490 for VR6 AWD - Adds 20-inch aluminum-alloy wheels, LED taillights, power folding mirrors, 12.3-inch Volkswagen Digital Cockpit system, navigation, Fender Premium audio system, 360-degree camera system, leather upholstery, ventilated front seats, and heated rear seats.

Source: Volkswagen
    Press Release is on Page 2

VOLKSWAGEN ANNOUNCES PRICING OF CHATTANOOGA-BUILT 2018 ATLAS, STARTING AT $30,500

• The thoughtfully-designed Atlas packs a great value, offering generous space, sophisticated driving dynamics and a host of available driver assistance and technology features
    • Pricing starts at $30,500 for the four-cylinder turbocharged 2.0L TSI® S FWD model (late availability)
    • Five trim levels, priced for the heart of the competitive SUV market
    • Two engine options: four-cylinder TSI® turbo or the available powerful VR6®, both with eight-speed automatic transmissions
    • Optional 4Motion® all-wheel-drive system on V6 models
    • Comfortable seating for up to seven adults, with innovative access system for the third row
    • Available interior features include innovative Volkswagen Digital Cockpit instrumentation
    • Only vehicle in its class to offer Automatic Post-Collision Braking System

HERNDON, VA (April 3, 2017) — Volkswagen of America, Inc., today announced pricing of the all-new, seven-passenger 2018 Atlas. With a starting Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $30,500 for the four-cylinder turbo 2.0L TSI® S FWD model (late availability), and $31,900 for the 3.6-liter V6 S FWD model, the Chattanooga-built SUV is loaded with standard equipment and available technology features. For maximum utility and comfort, the Atlas offers a spacious interior, with innovative access to the third row.

Based on the award-winning Modular Transverse Matrix (MQB) architecture, the Atlas is also fun-to-drive, a signature of Volkswagen vehicles. Atlas models will be available with two engine options, both with an eight-speed automatic transmission: the four-cylinder turbocharged and direct-injection 2.0-liter TSI engine, which produces 235 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque (achieved using premium fuel), and the 3.6-liter VR6® engine, which makes 276-horsepower and 266 lb-ft of torque. An optional 4Motion® all-wheel-drive system is available on VR6 models.

The 2018 Atlas is scheduled to arrive in dealerships in May, and will be available in five trim levels to meet the diverse needs and tastes of U.S. customers.

MODEL LINE UP

Atlas S (Late availability)
    The Atlas TSI S starts at $30,500 and features a standard four-cylinder turbocharged 2.0L TSI engine. Standard exterior features include 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels; stainless-steel roof rails; LED headlights with LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL); and a rearview camera. Inside, standard equipment includes a 6.5-inch Composition Color touchscreen infotainment system with Bluetooth® connectivity for compatible devices, USB port, Car-Net® App-Connect for compatible devices, enabling seamless integration with the three major smartphone platforms—Apple CarPlay™, Android Auto™ and MirrorLink®; 6 speakers; cruise control; and privacy glass. A 3.6-liter V6 S FWD model is available for $31,900. A 3.6-liter V6 S AWD model is available for $33,700.

Atlas S Launch (Limited availability)
    Available at launch, and only with the 3.6-liter VR6 engine, the Atlas S Launch model is available as a frontwheel-drive model for $33,500, and with all-wheel drive for $35,300. This model adds the following features to the S trim offerings: panoramic sunroof; Homelink® garage door opener; footwell lighting; 8.0-inch Composition Media touchscreen infotainment system; and SiriusXM® Satellite Radio with a three-month trial subscription.

Atlas SE
    Starting at $33,590, the Atlas SE builds off of the S trim. Features include heated door mirrors; automatic headlights; rain-sensing windshield wipers; Blind Spot Monitor w/Rear Traffic Alert; foglights; KESSY® keyless access w/push-button start; multi-function leather-wrapped steering wheel; V-Tex leatherette seating surface; heated front seats; rear sunshades; and 10-way power driver seats. The SE trim also features the 8.0-inch Composition Media touchscreen infotainment system with SiriusXM® Satellite Radio; 8 speakers; and 3 additional USB ports. A 3.6-liter V6 SE FWD model is available for $34,990. A 3.6-liter V6 S AWD model is available for $36,790.

Atlas SE with Technology
    The Atlas SE with Technology model starts at $35,690, and includes a slate of modern convenience and advanced connectivity and driver assistance features, including: Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC); Forward Collision Warning and Autonomous Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Monitoring (Front Assist); Lane Departure Warning (Lane Assist), which actively helps the driver steer the car back into its lane if the driver takes his or her hands off the wheel for a defined period of time, or the vehicle crosses a lane marking without use of a turn signal; power liftgate; remote start; Climatronic® 3-zone automatic air conditioning; and an autodimming rearview mirror. A 3.6-liter V6 SE with Technology FWD model is available for $37,090. A 3.6-liter V6 SE with Technology AWD model is available for $38,890.

Atlas SEL
    The Atlas SEL builds on the specifications of the SE with Technology model. For a starting price of $39,160, customers can enjoy even more upscale features: a panoramic sunroof; Easy Open liftgate; 8-way power passenger seat; memory function for driver’s seat and exterior mirrors; front and rear Park Distance Control and a convenient 115v power outlet in the second row (rear of the center console). VR6 models are equipped with a factory-installed tow hitch. A 3.6-liter V6 SEL FWD model is available for $40,890. A 3.6-liter V6 SEL AWD model is available for $42,690.

Atlas SEL Premium
    Available only with 4Motion AWD system and 3.6-liter VR6 engine, the Atlas SEL Premium starts at $48,490. This top-of-the-line model increases the luxury quotient with: the sophisticated 12.3-inch Volkswagen Digital Cockpit, allowing drivers to reconfigure how they view vehicle information; 20-inch aluminum-alloy wheels; navigation; LED taillights; power-folding door mirrors; door mirrors with puddle lights; leather seating surfaces; ventilated front seats; heated rear seats; heated steering wheel; automatic High Beam Control (Light Assist); and ambient lighting. The Atlas SEL Premium also adds the following driver assistance and infotainment features: Parking Steering Assistant (Park Assist); Area View camera; and the Fender® Premium Audio System, with a 12-channel, 480-watt amplifier and 12 speakers.

Option Packages

Captain’s Chairs. Replacing a second-row bench seat, for a total seating capacity of six, Captain’s Chairs will be available in the SE, SE w/ Technology, SEL and SEL Premium models for $625. (Late availability)

R-Line. A performance-inspired R-Line package will be available on Atlas SE and SEL trims for $1,960, and augments the SUV with exterior and interior design elements that give it an even sportier appearance. (Late availability)

Black Wheels. Black 20-inch aluminum-alloy wheels are available on the SEL model for $995 and on the SEL Premium model for $235.

This thing has a strong value proposition in 'S' trim. Especially for anyone placing a higher emphasis on driving dynamics.

S, SE, and SEL Premium seem to be the best trims. I think they should have priced the SEL Premium lower, personally.

4 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

So, for the sake of discussion, what would YOU buy in this class?

I'm going to jump in as I like that question as well.. But this is an Explorer/Traverse sized 3 row SUV, right?

Without much research(only enough to find what else is in this category) I would be driving this VW, and Explorer, and a Durango and choosing from there. I really think the R/T Durango's V8 would talk to me but I think this VW looks the best and being the newest it probably does about everything other than have a V8 the best as well. The only Explorer engine that's truly enticing is the 3.5EB and I think you are forced into a fairly high trim to get that.

CX-9 looks great but the lack of power..no thank you.

Holy sh!t... The cheapest I could built an AWD Durango w/ a 5.7 is 45k. The Explorer is another grand for the cheapest 3.5 EB(Sport model).

I realize the VR6 is no 3.5 or 5.7 but it can definitely be had soooo much cheaper.

CX-9 looks great but the lack of power..no thank you.

I'm a pretty big fan of the Durango myself. I don't think I'd buy a RWD one, though, and wouldn't buy anything under a GT trim. In AWD you're at 40K for a GT with no Nav, Roof, and the V6. I think I'd go one further and say I'd have to have the V8.

Explorer does nothing for me. It's very pretty to look at, but it's driving dynamics are poor, and the short of the EB V6, powertrains are a letdown. Plus, I hate the dash, and the back is cramped and doesn't offer near the flexibility of competitors.

If I were buying a base model, it'd be an Atlas all day. Higher up, the Durango and Highlander become options. Hard loaded, though, I'd probably go Durang R/T or just step up to a Q7.

3 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

Definitely, I feel the exact same. The V8 is what attracts me the most and to get it w/ AWD is at least like 44,600 or so.

4 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

I've honestly never looked that far into them as nothing that large has been on a buying list.

Agreed about the engines though, anything below the 3.5EB doesn't seem worth it but saying that makes the VR6 sound not worth it either when looking at the number similarities.

6 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

I wish the Highlander looked better.. It looks old but not in a good way.

1 hour ago, Frisky Dingo said:

So, for the sake of discussion, what would YOU buy in this class?

Yes, I would take a Ford Explorer over either of these two. I have test drove over the weekend with my son the Explorer Sport and WOW, was very impressive. He is looking to trade in his jeep for the explorer possibly or upgrade to a GC.

58 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

I invite you to test drive a 2017 Explorer Sport Edition. The Sony Premium sound system and instrument is pretty nice. Back seat room is very roomy as my 6'6" tall 280lbs frame was able to sit without my knees hitting the seat in front of me. My daughter and son's girlfriend sat in the third row. Amy, my daughter is 5'8" and had plenty of legroom. Kay is only 4' 11" so tons of room but both thought the third row was very comfy.

Agree that the XLT is a let down, dash design sucks and driving dynamics are Blah. But the Sport with the V6 EB moved and handled aggressive driving with minimal body roll for this SUV. My son and I both agree that the Platinum trim is over priced and not worth it, but the sport trim at $45K was a decent ride and handled so well.

I also like the Durango, but my son is not a fan of the style.

I wish the Highlander looked better.. It looks old but not in a good way.

The VR6 is much more free-revving, sounds better, more linear, and is paired with a much better trans than the V6 Exploder. It's a tremendous difference. That's not even touching the poor ride quality, noise levels, and excessive body motion of the Ford.

I also like the Durango, but my son is not a fan of the style.

I admittedly have not driven a new Sport, but I would cross the Explorer off in general simply for packaging reasons, even if the ho-hum driving dynamics were on par with others in the class.

9 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

So built both a Ford and Dodge and They are pretty close in price, I would rather have a V8 but have to say you get more in the package with the FORD.

2017DodgeRTAWD.jpg

2017FordExplorer.jpg

Honestly, I don't think any vehicles in the segment have much of a driving dynamics. I would rather have some utility and off-road capability, so if I would be buying for myself I probably would look into Durango or Lexus GX460.

However, our family vehicle drives my wife so it will be one of the mommy mobiles.

12 minutes ago, ykX said:

A Durango won't do squat off road with that enormous wheelbase, overhangs, low ground clearance, and big wheels with street tires. Even the GX is greatly hampered compared to what they used to be able to do.

There's no choices outside of the 4Runner and Grand Cherokee if you want something this size with good off-road performance.

1 minute ago, Frisky Dingo said:

I meant one of the three row CUVs /SUVs.  None of them will be real off road rig but capable enough for mild off road/deep snow we get here in the North East.

4Runner or GC will be better then GX460 off road but they don't have third row (theoretically one trim does but I have never seen one)

Durango has decent AWD system and enough ground clearance.

If we look at other CUVs in the segment then Highlander has crappy AWD, so does the Atlas.  They are basically FWD vehicles and only can send limited amount of power to the rear.  I know a number of people who complained that Highlander worth sh@t in the snow.  New Pilot has better AWD system but small ground clearance.

1 hour ago, Frisky Dingo said:

Oh I'm not even talking about ride or any of that stuff as I've never driven them.

Just looking at both weak n/a v6 numbers in 4500-5000lb vehicles.  I'm just not much of a fan of n/a v6's. But if the trans in the Atlas is anything like the DSG then it's got to be class leading. But it won't be a DCT. Is this a transmission that's in something else already?

Yes, it's in Audis.

The price seems pretty compelling if you stay away from the Premium trim.  The SE and SEL still give you a lot and keep it under $40k, which seems good compared to other 3 row SUVs.  VW needs this thing to sell, they have sort of missed out on the crossover boom because the Toureg is more money than a BMW X5 and no one buys it.

10 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

Easily take the Explorer or Acadia (new Version) over this.. not to mention any of the Lambdas.

Explorer yes. New Acadia... eh.  Old Lambda, no. Just get yourself a Tahoe/Yukon, it's just about the same size and you don't have to beat the crap out of the engine just to get the thing to move.  MPG is better too.

Built in Chattanooga?

Yeah...Id rather take a ride on the Chattanooga Choo Choo ...even if its just a song and a tourist attraction going nowhere.

The new Buick Sportsback station wagon is more to my liking. Hey...it is a car.

Edited by oldshurst442

Well I already have the Yukon.. so I was thinking of a change. BTW.. I love the new Acadia. HAve U driven one? Tested out a Denali.. Slick as a Mofo.. and the power was niiiice considering. I would say a TTV6 or V8 would be welcome.. but I say that about the Cruze too.. Yes.. I am saying I would take a Cruze with a LF4 or LT1

Volkswagen's electric car offensive has already started in Europe with the ID.3. The next step is taking on the U.S. with the next electric vehicle, the ID.4 introduced today.
      The ID.4 looks very close to the concept that was first shown back in 2017 with such details as the VW logo smack dab in the middle with a light bar running across; wide air dam for the front,  flowing lines, and a full-length lightbar at the rear. In terms of size, the ID.4 is about 4.6 inches shorter, 1.9 inches lower, and 0.5 inches wider than the Tiguan sold in the U.S. No word on weight.
      For the interior, Volkswagen went minimalist. The driver faces 5.3-inch digital display and is able to change gear via a knob on the right side of bezel - similar to the BMW i3. Either a 10 or 12-inch touchscreen display handles the infotainment duties. Interior space is quite generous with 99.9 cubic feet of passenger space and 30.3 cubic feet of cargo space.
      At launch, the ID.4 will only be available with a single electric motor mounted on the rear axle providing 201 horsepower and 228 pound-feet of torque. An 82-kilowatt-hour lithium-ion battery pack provides the juice. Range is estimated at 250 miles. A dual-motor version with 302 horsepower and all-wheel drive will come out sometime next year.
      For charging, Volkswagen says that on a Level Two charger, the ID.4 takes around 7.5 hours from an empty battery. If you can find a DC fast charger, the recharge time drops significantly: Volkswagen claims that the battery can reach an 80% charge in 38 minutes.
      Pricing for the ID.4 will begin at $39,995 for the base Pro when it arrives at dealers at the end of the year. No mention on destination. But Volkswagen is planning to drop the price of the ID.4 once production begins at the Chattanooga Assembly Plant in Tennessee.

Source: Volkswagen
      Press Release is on Page 2

Volkswagen unveils the all-new 2021 ID.4 electric SUV
      Sep 23, 2020
      Reservations for the ID.4 start online today with 50-state launch in early 2021 MSRP starts at $39,995 for ID.4 Pro before potential $7,500 Federal tax credit Estimated 250 miles of range on ID.4 1st Edition Compact SUV will be available in rear-wheel drive 201-hp 82 kWh (launching first) and all-wheel-drive 302-hp 82 kWh configurations Three years of fast charging with Electrify America at no additional cost Modern design pairs with high-tech features, like DRIVE® advanced driver assistance technology and a smart infotainment system, using voice and touch Localized production in Chattanooga, starting in 2022 with anticipated MSRP around $35,000 Herndon, VA — Volkswagen of America, Inc. revealed the all-new ID.4 electric SUV today—the brand’s first long-range EV to be sold stateside. This compact SUV will offer all the best features of Volkswagen’s current lineup—hallmark driving dynamics, bold design, and advanced technology—along with long-range EV capability and three years of fast charging with Electrify America for no additional cost, to customers in the largest segment in the U.S., all with a price point aimed at the heart of the segment.
      “The ID.4 was engineered, loaded and priced to win the hearts of SUV owners who are simply ready to go electric—and fall in love with Volkswagen again,” said Scott Keogh, CEO, Volkswagen Group of America. “It drives like a GTI, it has the packaging of a Tiguan and the purpose of the Beetle. All the best things about VW in one package.”
      Powertrain & Charging
      The ID.4 electric compact SUV is based on the modular electric drive architecture (MEB). While it is the brand’s newest platform, it also represents a return to Volkswagen’s roots, with the electric motor located at the rear, just like the original Beetle.
      The heart of the ID.4 is a battery pack comprised of 288 pouch cells in 12 modules, positioned in the underbody to create a low center of gravity for optimal driving dynamics as well as extremely well-balanced weight distribution. It is housed in a lightweight aluminum structure that is bolted to the frame, helping to improve rigidity.
      At launch, the vehicle will be offered with an 82kWh (gross) battery and a rear-mounted AC permanent-magnet synchronous motor with 201 horsepower and 228 pound-feet of torque. Volkswagen estimates that the ID.4 82kWh RWD 1st Edition models will have a range of 250 miles with a full charge on the EPA cycle. A powerful, electric all-wheel-drive variant with 302 hp will follow later in 2021.
      The ID.4 also comes with three years of fast charging with Electrify America at no additional cost, helping to reduce range anxiety. The ID.4 can be charged with both alternating current (AC) and direct current (DC) fast-charging capability. The 11 kW onboard charger allows the ID.4 to charge the battery 33 miles in about one hour, and charges to full in around seven and a half hours at a home or public Level 2 charger. At a DC fast-charging station, with 125 kW charging, the ID.4 can go from five to 80 percent charged in about 38 minutes.
      Chassis
      The ID.4 is designed to be strong, yet agile. The chassis and body are made from steel. The front suspension is a strut-type with lower control arms, coil springs, telescopic dampers and anti-roll bar. In the rear, the ID.4 uses a multi-link rear axle with coil springs, telescopic dampers and an anti-roll bar. With 3.5 turns lock-to-lock and a stellar curb-to-curb turning radius of 33.5 feet, the ID.4 feels nimble, especially among other compact SUVs.
      A combination of brake types is used on ID.4. It features disc brakes on the front wheels and drum brakes on the rear—the difference being specific to electric vehicle needs. As EVs rely on regenerative braking, disc brakes on the rear can be less effective than drums after long periods of not being put to heavy use.
      Exterior
      Like the platform, the design of ID.4 represents a move towards the future with a nod to the past. At the front, the Volkswagen logo is able to be positioned centrally because there is no radiator grille, as it was on the Beetle. Large LED headlights flow backwards, hinting at the aerodynamic nature of the car, while a sculpted front bumper with large intake-like scoops and honeycomb accents give the car a powerful presence. Models fitted with the Statement package add an illuminated Volkswagen logo and an illuminated light line that stretches outward from it, creating a striking light signature.
      Front to back, clean, flowing lines alternate with crisp edges for a refined, yet futuristic look. A softly molded side section curves under the crisp rising shoulder line and flush illuminated door handles. The low greenhouse runs out into a strong C-pillar—a classic Volkswagen design feature—and into a long spoiler. The ID.4’s aerodynamically refined exterior helps it achieve an excellent drag coefficient of 0.28.
      The ID.4 sits squarely in the middle of the compact SUV segment, size-wise. It is 4.6 inches shorter than the Volkswagen Tiguan, at 180.5 inches, with a 0.9 inch shorter wheelbase at 108.9 inches. It is 1.9 inches lower than Tiguan at 64.4 inches high for the rear-wheel drive model, and 0.5 inches wider, at 72.9 inches.
      The ID.4 will available in six exterior colors—Glacier White Metallic, Mythos Black Metallic, Moonstone Grey, Scale Silver Metallic, Blue Dusk Metallic and King’s Red Metallic. All models come with a body color roof, black roof rails, and 19-inch aluminum alloy wheels. The Statement package adds a panoramic fixed-glass roof, premium LED projector headlights with Volkswagen’s Adaptive Front-lighting System (AFS) and power-folding side mirrors with puddle lamp signature, while the Gradient package (sold on top of the Statement package) upgrades to 20-inch wheels, black roof, and silver roof rails and accents.
      Interior
      Volkswagen’s first fully-electric SUV features ample space and a modern design. Passenger volume is similar to the Tiguan despite the overall smaller footprint, with 99.9 cubic feet total. Legroom is a comfortable 41.1 inches for front passengers and 37.6 inches in the rear seat. Cargo volume is 30.3 cubic feet behind the second row, and 64.2 cubic feet with the seats folded.
      The interior of the ID.4 mirrors the futuristic look of the exterior, with functionality almost completely controlled by touch or voice control. The 5.3-inch ID.Cockpit (digital driver display) replaces the traditional instrument cluster and is operated with touch-sensitive controls on the leather-wrapped multifunction heated steering wheel. Three tiles show the most important information, with the display for battery status and range underneath. The traditional gearshift is replaced by a large rocker switch on the right of the ID.Cockpit, and a control panel to the left of the steering wheel integrates the lighting functions, including automatic headlights.
      A 10-inch Discover Pro touch infotainment display is located in the middle of the dash panel, angled slightly towards the driver. This screen can be configured to driver preference, and manages the standard navigation system, all telematics, entertainment, driver-assistance systems and vehicle settings; it is upgraded to a 12-inch Discover Pro Max infotainment display with the Statement package. Menus can be moved using gesture control, simply swiping one’s hand in front of the screen. Sliders for volume and temperature adjustment are located on the inclined surface below the display.
      “Hello ID.” natural voice control is standard in the ID.4. The car follows the instructions spoken by the driver and passengers and is capable of understanding many commands from everyday language, such as “Hello ID., I’m cold” to turn up the heat.
      The ID.4 will feature ID. Light—a light strip below the windshield to support drivers in a host of situations with intuitive lighting effects in different colors and sound prompts. For example, ID. Light signals to the driver that the vehicle’s drive system is active and that the car has been unlocked or locked. It accentuates information issued by some of the driver-assistance and navigation systems and signals, both visually and acoustically, details like charge status indicator, braking prompts and incoming phone calls.
      The steering wheel, steering column, and the housings for the display and control panels in the doors are finished in Piano Black. Seats in the ID.4 are finished in black cloth on entry models and Lunar Gray or Galaxy Black leatherette on models with the Statement package. Entry ID.4 models feature six-way adjustable seats with power recline, while the Statement package adds 12-way power seats, with massage lumbar and memory, as well as 30-color ambient lighting.
      ID.4 offers a range of comfort and convenience features found throughout the rest of the brand’s lineup. Standard features include rain-sensing wipers, auto-dimming rearview mirror, dual-zone Climatronic® climate control, and KESSY® keyless access. To manage cold temperatures, the ID.4 features a standard heated steering wheel, heated side mirrors and washer nozzles, and, on all-wheel-drive models, a heated windshield. The Statement package adds SiriusXM® satellite radio with a three-month trial, an adjustable trunk floor, and a power tailgate with Easy Open & Close.
      To complete the high-tech package, ID.4 offers standard wireless mobile charging, wireless App-Connect, and Volkswagen Car-Net® with in-car WiFi capability when you subscribe to a data plan. Car-Net Hotspot allows passengers to access the internet with up to four connected devices simultaneously, including tablets, smartphones, laptops, gaming devices, and more—all at 4G LTE-enabled speed.
      Safety & Driver Assistance Technology
      To help protect occupants, the ID.4 provides a combination of both passive and active safety systems. It features six airbags as standard—front and side airbags for front passengers, and side curtain airbags for outboard seating positions. Additionally there are a number of electronic safety systems, such as an Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and Electronic Stability Control (ESC).
      With regards to the battery, an extruded aluminum frame protects the battery system against damage in the event of a crash, and a replaceable aluminum underbody panel protects the battery against the road. Additionally, the battery is also disabled if the vehicle is involved in a serious accident.
      With the standard IQ.DRIVE® advanced driver assistance technology, all ID.4 models include Forward Collision Warning and Autonomous Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Monitoring (Front Assist); Blind Spot Monitor (Side Assist); Rear Traffic Alert; Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC); Lane Keeping System (Lane Assist); Travel Assist; and Emergency Assist. In addition to IQ.DRIVE features, the ID.4 includes Dynamic Road Sign Display; Park Distance Control; and High Beam Control (Light Assist).
      Pricing & Sales
      Pricing for the ID.4 starts at $39,995, for the rear-wheel-drive ID.4 Pro (available in the first quarter of 2021), before a potential Federal tax credit of up to $7,500 is applied. With those credits, the entry price of ID.4 is on par with the 2021 Tiguan SEL.  For highly qualified customers through Volkswagen Credit, the monthly lease payment for a 36-month lease with 10,000 miles a year, is $379 per month with $3,579 due at signing, excluding tax, title, license, options and dealer fees.
      Starting later in 2021, the ID.4 AWD Pro ($43,695) will be available. Both Pro models carry largely the same equipment, with AWD models putting out 302 hp, and adding a heated windshield and tow hitch. These models can be additionally outfitted with two packages—Statement ($4,500), and Gradient ($1,500), which is only offered with Statement.
      The ID.4 launches with a limited-run ID.4 1st Edition (MSRP $43,995). The 1st Edition models feature the same content as the Pro model, and Statement package (minus illuminated VW logo) and Gradient package come standard. These models also include unique features including accelerator and brake pedals with “play” and “pause” logos, the steering wheel and column, radio bezel and door island finished in Electric White, 1st Edition badging, black mirror caps, and a tow hitch.
      Volkswagen plans to offer the ID.4 electric vehicle across all 50 states, and throughout its network of more than 600 dealers. A reservation platform debuts today on VW.com, allowing customers to reserve an ID.4 before it hits dealer showrooms, with a fully refundable $100 reservation fee. As vehicle production starts, reservation holders will be invited to confirm their order with an additional fully refundable $400 vehicle deposit. From placing a reservation, to production and through delivery, the customer can see where they stand and when they can expect their ID. 4 to arrive at their preferred local VW dealer in a simple, transparent process. At that time, the customer can transact with their dealer and complete their purchase.

Source: Volkswagen
      Press Release is on Page 2

Volkswagen unveils the all-new 2021 ID.4 electric SUV
      Sep 23, 2020
      Powertrain & Charging
      Chassis
      Exterior
      Interior
      Safety & Driver Assistance Technology
      Pricing & Sales
      Volkswagen unveiled an updated 2021 Arteon tonight. Now you might be thinking this is a quick turn around as the Arteon has been on sale in the U.S. for only a year. But you need to keep in mind that Volkswagen has been selling the Arteon in Europe since 2018, so a refresh was in the cards.
      Changes for the exterior are subtile with a more prominent grille, new lighting, updated Volkswagen badging, and new choices for paint and wheels. The interior is a bit more dramatic with updated dash featuring revised air vents and climate control system with touch controls. A new steering wheel with touch controls, improved materials, and the 10.25-inch Digital Cockpit becoming standard on all Arteons finishes off the changes.
      Power for the U.S. will remain the turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder with 268 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque. This is paired with an eight-speed automatic that routes power to either the front or Volkswagen's 4Motion all-wheel drive system.
      There are some versions we'll be missing out on such as a new Shooting Brake (aka wagon), a 315 horsepower R model, and a plug-in hybrid powertrain.
      No word on pricing, but you'll be able to pick up a 2021 Arteon at your Volkswagen dealer sometime in November.
      Source: Volkswagen
      Press Release is on Page 2

2021 Volkswagen Arteon world premiere

Jun 23, 2020
      Brand halo is updated inside and out—a new front end impresses with sharpened design elements and available illuminated grille, while inside, a new cockpit offers greater levels of refinement Digital Cockpit standard across lineup European offering includes new Arteon Shooting Brake, as well as plug-in hybrid (160 kW / 218 PS) and Volkswagen R-developed performance (235 kW / 320 PS) powertrains Herndon, VA — The Arteon is Volkswagen’s Gran Turismo—marrying the sleek design of a premium coupe to the space of a midsize sedan. For 2021, Volkswagen is introducing an extensive product line update to the brand halo, including sharpened design elements, interior refinements, and intelligent comfort systems. In Europe, Volkswagen is enhancing the product line with a second version—the new Arteon Shooting Brake—alongside new powertrain options including a plug-in hybrid drivetrain generating 160 kW (218 PS) and Arteon R versions with 235 kW (320 PS).
      For 2021, the U.S. market Volkswagen Arteon features a simplified trim lineup—SE, SEL R-Line, and SEL Premium R-Line.
      Exterior
      The refreshed Arteon features a refined front end with sharpened design elements. The long, wide hood stretches across the entire front profile to the wheelarches to form the shoulder section. At the front it reaches far down into the grille, emphasizing the ample width of the Arteon with its crossbars. It’s not just avant-garde, it’s also aerodynamic—with a drag coefficient of a mere 0.265.
      For the first time, the Arteon can also be configured with an illuminated grille. On midrange models, new LED daytime running lights (DRLs) connect to form a central light bar in the grille, surrounding the new Volkswagen logo and using light as the new chrome. Consequently, the Arteon has been given a new and unmistakable daytime and night-time lighting signature.
      The lower section of the front profile, the front apron, has also been modified. Up to now, this area featured four chrome bars. These have now been transformed into three significantly more striking chrome bars. The outer and bottom segments of the front apron are always the same color as the vehicle’s paintwork (except the lateral air intake grilles). How the equipment scopes differ: the SE trim now has two additional, separate air intake openings in front of the front wheels, as well as a chrome bar that has been integrated above the front spoiler. In contrast, the R-Line features one larger, continuous, bottom air intake above the front spoiler that is surrounded by a C-shaped section on the outside in front of the front wheels, which has been painted in the main vehicle color.
      As drawn, the character line runs around the entire car. It visually presses the body’s volume downward to the ground, giving it a dynamic appearance. The character line starts in the radiator grille at the front and runs smoothly across the silhouette up to the tail light clusters. At the rear it transforms into a sharp undercut that visually reduces the Arteon’s height and carries the strong shoulder section towards the rear. At the rear, the VW badge and Arteon lettering have been redesigned.
      Three new colors are added for model year 2021—Oryx White, Kings Red Metallic, and Lapiz Blue.
      Interior
      On the inside, Arteon has been equipped with a redesigned cockpit that has been refined to match the model’s exclusive nature. Volkswagen’s interior designers have redesigned the entire dash panel—consisting of surfaces, air outlets, and trims—the center console, including infotainment section and air-conditioning control, and the top sections of the door trims. The fabrics and leather in the vehicle interior have also been upgraded.
      At the dash panel’s top-most level, new leatherette surfaces stand out by having been refined are more pronounced with decorative seams to visually build a bridge to Volkswagen’s luxury-class SUV, the Touareg. On the second level, new aluminum décor graces base models, while midrange models offer translucent aluminum décor with 30-color ambient lighting The air outlets, stretching up to the third dash panel level, have been redesigned and also fully integrated here.
      A new generation of multifunction steering wheels featuring digital touch surfaces are used in the Arteon. In combination with the Travel Assist system (see below), the steering wheel rim additionally features touch-sensitive surfaces which, once Travel Assist has been activated, detect whether the driver has at least one hand on the steering wheel for safety reasons.
      The temperature can now be set intuitively via a touchslider for the optional three-zone Climatronic® automatic climate control. The same applies to the blower function in the manual mode. Seat heating, windscreen and window defrosting functions as well as other air conditioner regulations are also controlled using new touch-sensitive surfaces in the center console.
      The Arteon is equipped with the Volkswagen Digital Cockpit, which allows the driver to configure the instrument display. The graphics of the 10.25-inch display are clear and of a high quality. The driver can quickly and easily switch between three basic layouts using a View button on the multifunction steering wheel.
      Arteon adopts the all-new MIB3 infotainment system, integrated in a clearly visible and easy-to-reach position above the new air-conditioning controls. All models come standard with the 8.0-inch Discover Media system with navigation. MIB3 offers natural voice control, multi-phone pairing that can easily switch between devices, and wireless App-Connect. Wireless charging is also new for 2021.
      Volkswagen is also offering a newly developed, high-end sound system made by audio specialists harman/kardon for the very first time. It has been specifically geared towards the Arteon product line. The system uses a 700-watt, 16-channel Ethernet amplifier to power a total of twelve high-performance loudspeakers. One loudspeaker acts as the center speaker in the newly designed dash panel while another operates as a subwoofer in the trunk. The remaining treble, mid-range, and bass loudspeakers have been arranged in the doors. The infotainment system coordinates the individual sound control of the harman/kardon sound system which also provides pre-configured settings, such as Pure, Chill out, Live and Energy.
      Powertrain
      The Arteon is powered by a 2.0-liter turbocharged and direct-injection TSI® engine, making 268 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque. The power is taken to the front wheels via a standard eight-speed automatic transmission with Tiptronic® shifting; 4Motion all-wheel drive is available on SEL R-Line models and standard on SEL Premium R-Line models.

Source: Volkswagen