Guest YellowJacket894

That first chinese buick looks like an Epsilon.... is it?

165569[/snapback]

Uh...you mean this?

Posted Image

That's a rebadged Suzuki Forenza/Daewoo Lacetti.

I'd imagine the design directions of Buick NA and Buick China will begin to mesh in the near future, especially if GM has plans to globalize the brand. It's a shame that Buick China has a compact car with more Velite-influence than anything here.

You know what I'd like to see? Buick shorten the nose a tiny bit of the LaCrosse, lift the hood up, and put in a larger "Velite-inspired" grille on it... bigger than the one of the LaCrosse Super image we saw a while back. Not quite as big as the Lucerne's, but something in the middle.

There was a white Mazda 6 parked beside a white Lacrosse at my place of employment today and it's ASTOUNDING how similar they are in design...

I'm not saying this to be an ass or to pan the Mazda 6 (As I think it is as attractive as the Lacrosse-- and yes, the Lacrosse IS an attractive car, even if it's not cutting edge.)

I say this to prove the point that ALL cars have become too 'cookie cutter' (READ: Asian influenced) in execution...

It's time for Detroit to bring on a DESIGN REVOLUTION and that has already started with Chrysler and Ford. Cars are in creasingly becoming more like a FASHION. They HAVE to have a distinct direction and attitude. That's why the 300, charger, Mustang & Fusion do so well.

They HAVE to have a distinct direction and attitude. That's why the 300, charger, Mustang & Fusion do so well.

165786[/snapback]

I thought the 300's sales were dropping significantly since it came out?

Anyhoo, I do believe there needs to be distinct design... the Enclave is just gorgeous... Buick will head in that direction and I think they'll be winners, providing they can keep competitive packages, pricing, and powertrains.

Anyhoo, I do believe there needs to be distinct design... the Enclave is just gorgeous... Buick will head in that direction and I think they'll be winners, providing they can keep competitive packages, pricing, and powertrains.

165788[/snapback]

haha. And the charger sales are far from stellar.

The problem with the 300 is the design can be a little IN YO FACE IN YO FACE. And the interior is crap!

I'd imagine the design directions of Buick NA and Buick China will begin to mesh in the near future, especially if GM has plans to globalize the brand.  It's a shame that Buick China has a compact car with more Velite-influence than anything here.

165601[/snapback]

Amen to that. What the heck is GM thinking? How the hell do they explain such a bling-ed out buick in conservative china, yet we get this toned-down, rebaged, late 90's regal as our 'premium' midsized entry in capitalistic, image-concious America? Are they(GM) serious about regaining american marketshare for the brand or not?!?!?!?! :deadhorse:

I'd blame the W-body architecture for the Lacrosse's mid-90s styling.

It's almost impossible for a brand to innovate when forced to work with such an outdated platform. The W-bodies are at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to design.

I'd blame the W-body architecture for the Lacrosse's mid-90s styling. 

It's almost impossible for a brand to innovate when forced to work with such an outdated platform.  The W-bodies are at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to design.

167187[/snapback]

IMHO, the one aspect that has been a design flaw in the W's forever (and a problem with so many '80s-'90s FWDers) is the huge front overhang and oh-so-short front wheel-to-front door distance..it makes them look oddly proportioned in profile and in a front 3/4 view..

165788[/snapback]

buick just needs to think ahead with their designs, that's all.

screw the concepts because they look great and it ends up being average when it comes to production.

buick just needs to think ahead with their designs, that's all.

screw the concepts because they look great and it ends up being average when it comes to production.

168943[/snapback]

Well, it looks like the Enclave might disprove that theory. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and my hopes up.

"I thought the 300's sales were dropping significantly since it came out?"

Only since gas went back above 3$ the past 3 months, and not 'signifiicatly", still close to 10K units per month.

The Charger & Magnum, though, are not doing as well as predicted.

RWD Zetas will help, but not dominate GM's future.