Full moon or something?

We are currently under renovations at work; however, they don't have anything to do with what just happened this morning.

There are two elevation changes off the street up to our building. One is the sidewalk with another strip of pavement to the right of it. Then there's another step up to another sidewalk along our windows. A senior lady didn't lift her foot high enough and caught her toe on the upper sidewalk. She went down and bashed her eyebrow on the concrete. An older gentleman had noticed her go down and immediately went out to help her; I saw the commotion and followed. There was a bit of blood on her brow, a bloodshot eye, and she complained about side pains, so the old feller offered to take her in his van to the hospital (to avoid the expensive ambulance fees).

I called the hospital to inform them off an arrival at their emergency, and was heading out to tell the driver where he should pull up at the hospital. Just then, another senior lady was crossing the street and caught her foot on the first sidewalk, and went down face first. The first thought I had was, "What the f@#k is going on here?!"

The old man rushed to help me prop the next lady up. She had scraped knuckles and bent glasses; otherwise, faired better than the first lady. I really had to work to keep myself from laughing when the old guy said, "Well, might as well toss her in the van too, since we're taking the other one to the hospital."

The second old lady was bewildered by the sudden rush to put her in the van to go to the hospital, saying, "Oh, well...uh...well, okay." I thought it was pretty amusing.

Then I hear someone shout from above. I look up to see one of the construction workers ask me, "Did my grandmother just fall down?" I told him she was heading to the hospital. He got on the phone with his mother to let her know her mother was heading in.

What's even more funny was that before the worker's mother got the call from him, she had been in and saw the first lady sitting in a chair being tended to. When she got the call saying her mother had just fallen and was being taken to the hospital, she argued with her son that it was another woman who'd fallen. There was such mass confusion through that first fifteen minutes that I decided to go do something that would keep me the hell away from people for a while.

What's even more funny was that before the worker's mother got the call from him, she had been in and saw the first lady sitting in a chair being tended to.  When she got the call saying her mother had just fallen and was being taken to the hospital, she argued with her son that it was another woman who'd fallen.  There was such mass confusion through that first fifteen minutes that I decided to go do something that would keep me the hell away from people for a while.

168340[/snapback]

:lol: lmao

Was that hottie Ashton Kutcher hiding in the bushes somewhere?

168451[/snapback]

What does THAT have to do with the price of tea in China?

That is weird stuff. And all in a little town in BC?

Was that hottie Ashton Kutcher hiding in the bushes somewhere?

168451[/snapback]

I think Kutcher is too busy tending his mother, I mean, wife, to be doing more episodes of Punk'd.

What town was this? Somewhere in the Interior I'm guessing?

What does THAT have to do with the price of tea in China?

That is weird stuff.  And all in a little town in BC?

168581[/snapback]

What is the price of tea in china nowadays anyway?

EDIT...after extensive research by myself (+ a study from some Harvard UNV guy) the price of tea in china is.... £ 1.15

Edited by Charger4U

Truth really is stranger than fiction, you can't make up stuff like

this, somehow it happens but who sees it coming...?

Sorry, I'm originally from the Kootenays in B.C., but this is in Swift Current, Saskatchewan...

...where the people are neither 'swift', nor 'current', in any way, shape, or form.

168671[/snapback]

:rotflmao:

I find that funny just because I've been there.

Which way does the toilet water spin up there in Canada? :spin: